Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2019, 03:13:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Project Apollo Beta 7.0 released!
http://nassp.sf.net/wiki/Installation
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Sounds (Moderators: movieman, lassombra)
| | | |-+  New Sounds
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Sounds  (Read 1648 times)
NoName
Project Team Member

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2010, 09:36:01 PM »

I will commit a few more sound files (and change/update some existing ones) in very near future. The first sounds I already have commited just a few minutes ago are:

- "suitcompr"
- "hatch_close"
- "hatch_open"

The hatch sound files are intended to be used for the CM side hatch Wink

As already mentioned earlier, the suit compressor sound file is intended to be a continuous background sound you usually have within any kind of spacecraft cabin. Especially the Apollo Command Module was quite a noisy environment (actually because it's just so much cramped). I have recorded the sound from a HD NASA video that shows STS-129 during rendezvous with the International Space Station as seen from the flight deck. So the sound file actually is from the Shuttles flight deck rather than from Apollo. I guess it's difficult, if not impossible, to get a usable audio file from inside the real Apollo Command Module. But what I have seen in In the Shadow of the Moon sounded quite equal to the Shuttles sound environment. There is a short scene of Apollo 8 in which you can hear original interior sound and voices of the Apollo 8 crew when they were taking photos during Moon orbit. It sounds actually quite similar to the Shuttles interior, especially like the middeck. So I decided to use that kind of sound. Have fun with it Tschachim Very Happy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: