Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2020, 06:44:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Gemini 060615 released!
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development (Moderators: movieman, Tschachim, Swatch, lassombra)
| | |-+  Orbiter 2010
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Orbiter 2010  (Read 25676 times)
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« on: July 16, 2010, 12:33:41 PM »

Hi Apollo fans,

I committed my Orbiter 2010 related changes, so Project Apollo as in CVS right now doesn't compile nor work with Orbiter 2006P1 anymore. I also did a couple of bugfixes I'll address in the corresponding threads the next days.

I still don't have much time and need to do some testing before I'll do new beta modules, but everyone who can build modules by himself is encouraged to take a look and help testing. Especially P51 in VAGC Mode seems to have a problem: http://www.ibiblio.org/mscorbit/mscforum/index.php?topic=2425.0

Cheers
Tschachim

* Orbiter2010.jpg (179.59 KB, 1277x797 - viewed 573 times.)

Gunner_CAF

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 11:22:40 PM »

Thanks Tschachim!!

Gunner
gimp1992

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 01:53:51 PM »

I downloaded VB 2008 Express ( Is this the right program? )but I have no clue how to compile Modules. Any help would be appreciated Thank You

Joe Brown
retro

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 07:12:02 PM »

I downloaded VB 2008 Express ( Is this the right program? )but I have no clue how to compile Modules. Any help would be appreciated Thank You

Ya ,im with ya gimp, been trying for a while now.   Bangs Head
meik84
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 12:13:45 PM »

I downloaded VB 2008 Express ( Is this the right program? )but I have no clue how to compile Modules.
Open the 'ProjectApollo2008.sln' file in the [orbiterdirectory]\Orbitersdk\samples\ProjectApollo folder. Then you've got to rebuild the projectmap, push ctrl+alt+F7 and wait, VC needs some time to build, it will note you when its done.

@tschachim: Apollo 7 works fine so far, I made it into orbit. Thumbs Up A few things that across my eyes during that:
- The 'E' in the SUIT COMPRESSOR C&W-light turns red when it's lit, the other characters remain black
- When you set the GLYCOL EVAP H2O FLOW-switch to off (center pos.), the back pressure valve is closed, too. From my understanding of the systems, it should stay where it is, so that you get the same steam press again when you set the H2O-FLOW-switch to FLOW again. Comes apparent when you put the evap into play during boost, as it takes some time for the valve to open again -I'm always afraid of cooking my IMU.
- Secondary and Primary glycol loops don't exchange heat in the sim, right? You can cool down the secondary loop, but when you cut the evap, temperature rises very slowly.
- Could you update the following CMPAD's:
  CMPAD 1355 21450 (horizon alt for P23 -not the best, but better then nothing)
  CMPAD 2022 21450 (ATIG for P35)
  CMPAD 3000 5161 (initial position value for P23's W-matrix)
  CMPAD 3001 311 (initial velocity value for P23's W-matrix)
- The strange behaviour (no heads down) of the SIVB during ascent shouldn't bother me, should it?
So long...

Meik
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 09:22:42 AM »

Additional to what meik84 said there's some more info about compiler configuration here: http://www.orbiterwiki.org/wiki/Free_Compiler_Setup

Thanks for testing and reporting, meik84!

- The 'E' in the SUIT COMPRESSOR C&W-light turns red when it's lit, the other characters remain black

Hm, I don't see what you mean, I attached a screenshot of what I see, do you see something different?

- When you set the GLYCOL EVAP H2O FLOW-switch to off (center pos.), the back pressure valve is closed, too. From my understanding of the systems, it should stay where it is, so that you get the same steam press again when you set the H2O-FLOW-switch to FLOW again. Comes apparent when you put the evap into play during boost, as it takes some time for the valve to open again -I'm always afraid of cooking my IMU.

Thanks for pointing that out, fix is in CVS!

- Secondary and Primary glycol loops don't exchange heat in the sim, right? You can cool down the secondary loop, but when you cut the evap, temperature rises very slowly.

No, both loops do heat exchange, otherwise the temperature won't rise at all. The secondary loop cools the suit/cabin only, not the IMU or the BMAGs, so there's less heat exchange. You can monitor / test the heat exchangers with ProjectApolloMFD: http://nassp.sourceforge.net/wiki/ProjectApolloMFD#Environmental_Control_System_.28ECS.29

I'll take a look!

- The strange behaviour (no heads down) of the SIVB during ascent shouldn't bother me, should it?

Do you mean the Saturn IB is launching "heads up"? That would be a bug, do you have that both in Quickstart and VAGC Mode?

Cheers
Tschachim

* SuitCompressorLight.jpg (13.26 KB, 244x159 - viewed 656 times.)

Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 10:44:01 AM »

Done!  Happy

meik84
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 11:49:09 AM »

Hm, I don't see what you mean, I attached a screenshot of what I see, do you see something different?
Take a (literal!) closer look at the 'E' -it has a different color then the other characters!
The secondary loop cools the suit/cabin only, not the IMU or the BMAGs, so there's less heat exchange.
It has no coldplates for the IMU and BMAGs, that's right -but it has coldplates for the other equipment, heat exchanger plates to the primary loop and the radiator tubes of both loops are lying next to each other. So there should be some heat exchange, I guess...
Do you mean the Saturn IB is launching "heads up"? That would be a bug, do you have that both in Quickstart and VAGC Mode?
I mean that my attitude at CECO is like that

* FDAI.gif (30.2 KB, 309x304 - viewed 669 times.)
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 12:22:17 PM »

Take a (literal!) closer look at the 'E' -it has a different color then the other characters!

OK, for me it looks like the "E" is a little bit darker (i.e. more black) than the other letters, when the light is lit. As this is quite the opposite of "turns red when it's lit" I'm even more confused, could you elaborate on what you see/mean?

It has no coldplates for the IMU and BMAGs, that's right -but it has coldplates for the other equipment, heat exchanger plates to the primary loop and the radiator tubes of both loops are lying next to each other. So there should be some heat exchange, I guess...

Yes, as I said, there IS heat exchange. You can monitor the heat exchange with ProjectApolloMFD and for testing purpose even change it. This way you can heat the secondary loop a lot.

I mean that my attitude at CECO is like that

...using the PAD REFSMMAT (a FDAI doesn't show an absolute attitude)? What is CECO, the S-IB Center Engine Cut Off shortly before S-IB/S-IVB separation? In both Quickstart and Virtual AGC mode? Could you provide a scenario? Sorry for all the questions, but I don't have a clear understanding of what you observed.

EDIT: And just to be sure: You need to update all CVS directories, Config and Scenarios, too!

Cheers
Tschachim
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 12:27:51 PM by Tschachim » Logged

meik84
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 12:51:02 PM »

...using the PAD REFSMMAT (a FDAI doesn't show an absolute attitude)? What is CECO, the S-IB Center Engine Cut Off shortly before S-IB/S-IVB separation? In both Quickstart and Virtual AGC mode?
Yes,PAD REFSMMAT. I meant SECO, the cut off of the SVIB when orbit is reached. My problem is that the booster should fly heads down (180 roll on the FDAI) -and not heads to the left.
You can monitor the heat exchange with ProjectApolloMFD and for testing purpose even change it.
So there's no 'natural' heat balancing between both loops?
could you elaborate on what you see/mean?
Sure. Let's take out the good old magnifier. Wink As you see, the 'E' has a different (call it darker or whatever) color than the other characters.

* suitcomp.jpg (43.71 KB, 972x324 - viewed 620 times.)
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 01:11:33 PM »

I meant SECO, the cut off of the SVIB when orbit is reached. My problem is that the booster should fly heads down (180 roll on the FDAI) -and not heads to the left.

OK, I understand. I didn't have the problem, but I'll do more tests.

So there's no 'natural' heat balancing between both loops?

No, not the way you mentioned, i.e. no heat exchange between the loops. Might be something we'll add later.

As you see, the 'E' has a different (call it darker or whatever) color than the other characters.

Yes, that's what I see, too. I'll leave it to Moonwalker to change the bitmap...  Wink

Cheers
Tschachim

gimp1992

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2010, 07:41:31 AM »

When I open ProjectApollo2008 I get the error message MS Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition  that: [C:\orbiter 2010\Orbitersdk\samples\ProjectApollo folder\Build\VC2008\ASTP.vcproj cannot be opened because its project type (vcproj) is not supported bythis version ofthe application. To open it please use a version that supports this type of project. when I hit OK it move on to the same message with a different file ex: Crawler.vcproj.

Am I useing the wrong program to compile in? Any help is appreciated Thanks.

Joe Brown
meik84
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2010, 08:29:15 AM »

Am I useing the wrong program to compile in?
Obviously yes. You need Visual C++, not Visual Basic.
gimp1992

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2010, 10:40:53 AM »

What? I know I am asking stupid beginner questions but I was born before the space age I i didn't grow up using computers. Anyway my question; I built the project l how Tschachim said and now I have files the files like ASTP.dll.enbeded.manifest in my C:\Program Files\Orbiter 2010\Orbitersdk\samples\ProjectApollo\Build\VC2008\Debug\ASTP folder. Thank you for any help. Sorry for all these questions. Bangs Head

Joe Brown
meik84
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2010, 12:13:36 PM »

Have a look in your [orbiterdirectory]\Modules\ProjectApollo folder. When there are *.dll's and their change date and time are about the time you tried building, everything's fine.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: