Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 08, 2020, 04:35:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the new Meadville Space Center forums!
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Programming (Moderators: movieman, dseagrav, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  P20?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: P20?  (Read 1274 times)
DarthVader
Project Admin

View Profile WWW
« on: October 18, 2005, 01:07:00 AM »

hello!

Are you planning on doing P20? I have seen some references to it on some of the posts but I can't load it in the CSM Embarassed

Here's a few pointers:

[The crew are due to use Program 20 to maneuver the spacecraft to an attitude which will permit photography of the lunar surface.]

[P20 accepts values from the crew to allow the computer to keep one side of the spacecraft facing a particular direction or object, in this case the centre of the Moon. Three of these values (Noun 78 ) represent the attitude the spacecraft is to hold, relative to whatever it is tracking. A fourth value (Noun 79 ) defines the accuracy to which the required attitude should be held (described as the deadband, the range of attitudes from the ideal for which there will be no corrective thruster activity). 5 is punched in for this. Finally, the object to be tracked is defined in Noun 70 by entering its octal "starcode". Not all the objects which have starcodes are stars, as the Earth and Moon are also in this list with numbers 47 and 50 respectively. Since they wish the spacecraft to track the Moon, they enter 50 into Noun 70.]

[With all the values entered, the computer begins flashing "50" in the Verb display and "18" in the Noun display of the DSKY which essentially asks the crew if they would like to perform the auto-maneuver to the requested attitude. When the "Proceed" button is pressed, the computer fires the appropriate thrusters, causing the spacecraft to point the windows at the lunar surface and allowing photographs to be taken. The photography is not scheduled to begin until the beginning of the second revolution, midway around the far-side. The spacecraft will be crossing the terminator around this time where the low Sun angle will enhance the topography of the surface.]

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=U&start=4&q=http://www.ibiblio.org/apollo/CMC_data_cards_15_Fabrizio_Bernardini.pdf&e=9797

Thanks  Happy

FordPrefect
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 03:36:52 AM »

Very interesting. If I understand this correctly, I think this would be especially handy once we had a "functional" SIM bay on the CSM. Wow, I really hope I get that model done by the time of the next major release after NASSP 7.0!

My Project Apollo work in progress:
* New detailed Lunar Module Ascent stage with virtual cockpit (VC currently planned as eye candy only) 18 % done

My Project Apollo work to be continued:
* new Service Module SPS engine bell
* various Saturn V textures, exhaust textures
* SIM Bay for the SM

My long-term plans are to create a:
* New detailed Lunar Module descent stage (eventually models of all flown LM's)
* New F-1 engines for the S-1C stage showing the foil (batting) insulation
* New LUT and launch pad (if nobody else does it)
DarthVader
Project Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 11:54:37 AM »

that'll be sweet indeed! I wonder if it's possible to have an MFD that render live view of a virtual camera ....  :idea:

Christophe
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 10:15:21 AM »

A MFD for a virtual camera! Would be fantastic as we could bring back some shots and video from our trips around the cosmos!
A tried one day to install some different programs for taking some video during the simulation. The result was horrible! It worked only in orbiter video mode but not in full screen, the framerate dropped dramatically and the video was bad with wrong colors, erratic framerates... I could name it "Laurel & Hardy are going to the moon" :lol:
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: