Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 24, 2020, 10:36:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Project Apollo Beta 7.0 released!
http://nassp.sf.net/wiki/Installation
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Planning (Moderators: movieman, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  Multiplayer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Multiplayer  (Read 2561 times)
Dogsbody

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2010, 05:14:25 AM »

Hi,

I am new to NASSP, but it fits almost exactly the type of Apollo simulator I have dreamed about since childhood!

My first question relates to multiplayer, though it might not seem so at first.

I cannot find some non essential panels in the CM, namely 181 and the 600 range panels, among others. I understand they may have been left out to save on flicking unnecessary switches, or maybe I just haven't found them and they are there.

I am the type of person who wants to be able to flick every switch in the apollo operations handbook (Yes I printed it and bound it and have launched apollo 7 using almost every switch, even the ones that dont do anything yet. And I only discovered NASSP a few weeks agos.)

My point is, for those of us who want the full realism, are those panels going to be added at some stage? If they are, then I think finding a way to make the sim multiplayer would be a brilliant idea. Imaging three friends, all Apollo nuts like us, who can connect via multiplayer and fly as the CMP or LMP or Cmdr. A way would be needed to save so that if one player has to leave, the sim can be left there and picked up by all three later. Then doing all the preflight checks etc would be possible because each player would concentrate on his own couch and be able to flick every switch like in real life. Imagine how immersive that would be.

I am not a programmer, just a lover of Apollo who wants the most realistic experience possible. Can this be done with NASSP and Orbiter?

dseagrav
Project Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 08:04:15 AM »

The problem would be keeping 3 instances of Orbiter in sync. I don't know that we can do -that-, but there are plans to be able to split Mission Control off so your friends can play that way.
Dogsbody

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 01:48:34 AM »

Well that would be cool at least. It would feel so much more realistic to me if I could have the burn data "read up" to me, rather than calculate it myself on the IMFD. I have a friend who is more of the engineer type and he would probably get the most thrill out of being "mission control", so that would be perfect.

On the panel question, I answered my own question by reading the documentation. Certain panels were only introduced after Apollo 15. Happy

I am hoping, however, that sync the three instances of Orbiter can happen in the future somwhere, because it would be amazing I think to have four people, on a network or the Internet, connect and fly a mission together.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: