Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2020, 05:10:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Programming (Moderators: movieman, dseagrav, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  AGC & Rendezvous in Earth orbit
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: AGC & Rendezvous in Earth orbit  (Read 4329 times)
Cale

cale905@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« on: October 20, 2005, 07:37:47 PM »

Hey D.,

Can your P11 for the LM be transferred to the CSM to be used in rendezvous missions in low earth orbit?  I'm thinking specifically of Skylab or Apollo-Soyuz, but it would be cool to try it with Mir or the ISS.Cool

Any thoughts on the viability of this?

Cheers,

Cale

"Quarter-million miles from home, diarhhea's nothing to sneeze at". - Chuck Berry

"I know...man, it's gotta smell bad up there" - Chris Kraft
LazyD
Project Admin

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 07:49:26 AM »

Hi Cale,
P11??  The rendezvous stuff is P32, 33, 34, 35 and the fictitious P36.  I intend to make them run on the CSM AGC.  There is a minor problem though.  For the LM AGC I am using noun 33 to mean GET, or mission time.  On the CSM AGC, noun 33 counts down.  So I need to use a different noun or I'll mess up the programs that already work on the CSM.

I'm also a bit confused - the CSM had P32-P35, but also had P72-P75 that appear to be the same.  I know they ran the LM programs in parallel with the LM during rendezvous - maybe P72-P75 were for the CSM being the active vessel?  Joe, do you know?

These programs should work fine in orbit around anything.

D.
gimp1992

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 04:02:26 PM »

From what I have read P70 to 77 were reserved for Abort Codes.

Joe Brown
eddievhfan1984

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 10:43:09 PM »

Hi Cale,
P11??  The rendezvous stuff is P32, 33, 34, 35 and the fictitious P36.  I intend to make them run on the CSM AGC.  There is a minor problem though.  For the LM AGC I am using noun 33 to mean GET, or mission time.  On the CSM AGC, noun 33 counts down.  So I need to use a different noun or I'll mess up the programs that already work on the CSM.

I'm also a bit confused - the CSM had P32-P35, but also had P72-P75 that appear to be the same.  I know they ran the LM programs in parallel with the LM during rendezvous - maybe P72-P75 were for the CSM being the active vessel?  Joe, do you know?

These programs should work fine in orbit around anything.

D.

P32-P35 is for the CSM being the active vehicle. P72-P75 is for the LM being the active vehicle, but here's the catch:

While the LEM is running the P32-P35 set, the CSM is running P72-P75 to give the LM its telemetry for the maneuvers, since the LM does not has as sophisticated or accurate tracking methods.

As of right now, though, my AGC is kinda batty...

P32 and P33 are apparently non-existent or non-functional. P34 seems to work well, but P35 just gives constant computer activity: no maneuvering, no data, no nothing...   Sorry
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: