Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 11:04:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Project Apollo Beta 7.0 released!
http://nassp.sf.net/wiki/Installation
24624 Posts in 2077 Topics by 2260 Members
Latest Member: lricca
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Meadville Space Center
| |-+  NEW MEMBER REGISTRATION (Moderators: robertsconley65, movieman, Tschachim, dseagrav, Swatch)
| | |-+  NEW MEMBER REGISTRATION
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NEW MEMBER REGISTRATION  (Read 23249 times)
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« on: January 25, 2011, 11:51:18 AM »

Hi Meadville Space Center fans,

because of increasing spam new forum users need to be approved by a forum administrator. Currently we have about 20-30 new members per day and if at least one of them is a real person it's a good day. Additionally there's almost no possibility for an administrator to determine whether a new member is a spammer or not just from the user profile.

So no new user will be approved automatically!

To get your account activated you need to contact an administrator. I know that's rather annoying, but we just don't have the capacity to check every new user by ourself.
This means NEW users, not existing users. You don't have to do this if you already exist.

Please click HERE (or use the "Report to moderator" link to the lower right of this post) to contact an administrator for approval!

This feature isn't intended to be used for that, but it's the only possibility to contact an administrator without being approved. Please tell us your user name (and don't make it look like you're a bot  Wink) and your account will be approved as fast as possible. As we're all busy people with a real life please give us a couple of days for approval.

All this applies to new user registrations only, if you already have an account and can log in, you're already approved and don't need to do anything!

Thanks for your cooperation
Tschachim
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 01:21:10 PM by dseagrav » Report to moderator   Logged

aftercolumbia
Project Team Member

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 09:00:01 PM »

Snag.  I kinda figured that because the After Columbia Project forums currently get no other kind of activity.  I had to do this to the Egroup (now Yahoo Group) years ago.  Silly bots, ruin it for everyone, despite all those warnings from the sci-fi authors  Sigh
Report to moderator   Logged
Artlav

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 02:12:03 AM »

That's unexpected, as i never seen a single bot or spam post here.
Looks like the team's been busy with more than development. Duh!
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 11:39:19 AM »

Looks like the team's been busy with more than development. Duh!

Exactly, I was busy deleting spam posts and users and did almost nothing else Orbiter related stuff the last months. The new system might be a PITA for new users, but it's working fine against spammers, it was just too time consuming the other way.

Cheers
Tschachim

dseagrav

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 08:11:05 AM »

I had an interruption in mail service - If you reported this thread in the last month, please report it again.
I apologize for the delay.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: