Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 14, 2020, 06:08:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Gemini 060615 released!
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Programming (Moderators: movieman, dseagrav, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  Reentry Simulation Development Archive
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Reentry Simulation Development Archive  (Read 7922 times)
chode
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2005, 01:42:27 AM »

Thanks!

I've found some documentation on the lift model that was used to test the reentry autopilot software for Apollo. It is very detailed, especially about how the lift and drag parameters change with Mach number (my current model doesn't depend on Mach number). This is great, we will certainly be able to make a very realistic reentry with this model.
chode
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2005, 12:33:36 AM »

I'd like to add a section about how to do a real reentry,  since that's what you're going to need to do to get the "realistic aerodynamics" version of Apollo down to the ground. My question is: Should I just go ahead and edit the help stuff on my own? Or do we have someone who "owns" that part of the project.
chode
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2005, 12:59:57 AM »

Well, since no one seems too upset, I'm going to go hacking into the help file, adding my reentry section, and also try to clean up the checklists, some of which are pretty confusing.
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2005, 06:34:34 AM »

I'm mortified but I don't know who did that help file, movieman introduced it in the 6.1 version, perhaps he knows (and has the HTML sources).

Cheers
Tschachim

movieman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2005, 06:39:02 AM »

They're credited in the flyingsaturnv.xsw file (or should be, I added it at one point).
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2005, 07:34:46 PM »

Thanks for checking it in.

Is there a reason why 'CoeffFunc' is in both saturn1b.cpp and saturn5.cpp? It appears to be identical in both places, so couldn't you just put one version of the function in saturn.cpp?
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2005, 07:42:22 PM »

Ah, it was Eric Weber, eweber at softhome.net (@ removed to avoid spam from web-bots).
chode
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2005, 09:45:41 PM »

I did it like that because the old "LiftCoeff" function was in both places, and so the new function is right before it in the code. I also left the old function in, even though it is not used. But you're right, it would be more efficient to just put it in saturn.cpp, and take out the old LiftCoeff functions. I guess I should do that at some point.
chode
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2005, 12:03:17 AM »

Well, I've found something that decompiles the .chm to .html, and I can edit the .html, but I'm having trouble finding something that compiles .html into .chm.
chode
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2005, 06:00:50 PM »

I've edited the inline help file a bit to make it clearer and also added a number of checklists and a section on manual reentry of the CM. Also changed the name to Project_Apollo.chm and changed the help file references in the appropriate .cfg files.
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2005, 09:05:30 AM »

Cool! I have a few comments:

If you build the .chm-file from HTML files, images etc. it's perhaps useful if you put this files also in the CVS, so it's easier to extend the Docu. Perhaps make a "Html" subdir under "Orbitersdk\samples\ProjectApollo\Doc". I mention this because the "Flying Saturn V" part from movieman is outdated in the .chm-file, so perhaps movieman wants to fix that.

Remove NCPP.chm, because it's obsolete now?

... and perhaps you could remove the "UNREGISTERED version of Easy CHM" message at the bottom?

Thanks and Greetings
Tschachim

chode
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2005, 12:05:21 PM »

I did as you suggested, committed the source and images to ...\samples\ProjectApollo\Doc\Html so they can be edited.

Removed product plug.

I've left NCCP.chm in for now, just in case there are problems with using the new help file, we can go back and start from the beginning.
twisterkid
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2005, 05:46:19 PM »

this may sound stupid but... where is the re-entry documenation? i have NASSP 6.4 installed and can't find it anywhere.. where is it!?

thanks
DVA1966

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2005, 09:35:16 PM »

The Reentry documentation is in the Vessel help stuff.  To get there, press ALT-F1, and click vessel on the top of the help window.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: