Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 22, 2020, 06:38:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Project Apollo Beta 7.0 released!
http://nassp.sf.net/wiki/Installation
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP News & Discussion
| | |-+  Support & Bugs (Moderators: movieman, Tschachim, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  Automatic SV Update
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Automatic SV Update  (Read 3080 times)
rwitham
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« on: June 03, 2011, 06:49:17 PM »

Hi everyone,

I've finally got some time to fool with this amazing simulation again.  Continued congratulations go to the developers.   Thumbs Up

I'm working my through the Apollo 7 mission and I'm wondering if the automatic SV update via the PAMFD is working.  I followed the steps in the vAGC flightplan (several times) and according to the PAMFD, the SV update worked just fine, but I saw no indication on the DSKY that the uplink was in progress or finished.  Is this normal or is there a problem?

I have attached the scenario I'm using.  The scenario starts about 1 minute before an SV update, so the entire "AUTOMATIC SV UPDATE" checklist needs to be completed.

Thanks

* Apollo 7 - MET 004-43-35.scn (150.9 KB - downloaded 91 times.)
lauderj

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 09:57:04 PM »

I believe your problem may be due to the position of the "CMD RESET" switch under the group "UP TLM" on panel 3. When I loaded your scenario, I commenced an auto SV update from the PAMFD and I encountered the problem you described. I then noticed that the CMD RESET switch was in the "RESET" position (Up). I moved it to the "NORM" (center) position and then commenced an auto SV update again from the PAMFD and the DISKY was active showing the updates while running P27. So try again after moving the CMD RESET switch to it's center "NORM" position.

Happy flying

Jerry
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 10:33:38 AM »

Yeah, UP TLM CMD - NORM, it's done during the post insertion telemetry config.

Cheers
Tschachim

meik84
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 12:04:28 PM »

You must have hit the shift-key when you threw the switch -the RESET position is spring-loaded to NORMAL... Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: