Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 26, 2020, 03:56:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the new Meadville Space Center forums!
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP News & Discussion
| | |-+  Support & Bugs (Moderators: movieman, Tschachim, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  Split LOS in P23
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Split LOS in P23  (Read 6894 times)
meik84
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2011, 02:05:03 PM »

But you don't need a "receiving vehicle", this is the vehicle where you opened the MFD.
I.E. both vehicles are completely independent from each other? I didn't know that. Thumbs Up
Anyway, where do I find the SCS/MTVC logic in the code? Just tried to do a TVC check and messed up my burning attitude because the RCS fired although I was in RHC PWR NORM - AC and DIRECT - OFF. Evil or Very Mad
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011, 05:22:16 PM »

But you don't need a "receiving vehicle", this is the vehicle where you opened the MFD.
I.E. both vehicles are completely independent from each other? I didn't know that. Thumbs Up

Let me put it this way, a MFD knows the vessel it is working for by Orbiter API.

Anyway, where do I find the SCS/MTVC logic in the code? Just tried to do a TVC check and messed up my burning attitude because the RCS fired although I was in RHC PWR NORM - AC and DIRECT - OFF. Evil or Very Mad

Mainly in scs.cpp, the RHC stuff is in satsystems.cpp - JoystickTImestep, the TVC stuff is in sps.cpp. But this is rather complicated code (and I don't really suspect an error here), so you can post/attach a scenario (and what you expect), then I'll take a look.

...and I don't have manual attitude control with RHC PWR NORM - AC and DIRECT - OFF while in CMC/AUTO as the AOH2 seems to suggest, but I don't know your switch settings...

eddievhfan1984

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 09:16:52 PM »

Did you remember to set the THC to a clockwise twist to engage SCS control?
meik84
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2011, 12:13:23 AM »

...and I don't have manual attitude control with RHC PWR NORM - AC and DIRECT - OFF while in CMC/AUTO as the AOH2 seems to suggest, but I don't know your switch settings...
That's not the problem. I'm in SC CONT - SCS, MAN ATT - RATE CMD, BMAG MODE - ATT1/RATE2, RHC PWR NORM - AC, RHC PWR DIRECT - OFF. When I now move the RHC, the RCS should not fire, as the breakout switches aren't powered and thus the signal path between the proportional control amps and the switching amps is cut off (see fig. 2.3-19 of AOH1 and remark to step 8 on p. 4-488 of AOH2). Additionally, the BMAGS should not become uncaged by the same reason.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 12:29:40 AM by meik84 » Logged
eddievhfan1984

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2011, 03:27:43 AM »

Well, as I understand the procedures, you can trim the TVC while the THC is neutral, but RCS still maintains control. You have to twist the controller, even while SC CONT-SCS, in order to engage the MTVC. Also, as I read it, gimbals P1 and Y1 are tied to the IMU/thumbwheel's vectoring commands, P2 and Y2 are tied to MTVC.
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2011, 05:41:37 AM »

I'm in SC CONT - SCS, MAN ATT - RATE CMD, BMAG MODE - ATT1/RATE2, RHC PWR NORM - AC, RHC PWR DIRECT - OFF. When I now move the RHC, the RCS should not fire, as the breakout switches aren't powered and thus the signal path between the proportional control amps and the switching amps is cut off (see fig. 2.3-19 of AOH1 and remark to step 8 on p. 4-488 of AOH2). Additionally, the BMAGS should not become uncaged by the same reason.

I see what you mean, I'll fix it.

EDIT:

Additionally, the BMAGS should not become uncaged by the same reason.

I assume you mean "remain uncaged", i.e. you stay in SCS attitude hold mode (which should be already the case as the uncage logic does already look at the breakout switches)?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 06:39:25 AM by Tschachim » Logged

meik84
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2011, 07:02:31 AM »

You have to twist the controller, even while SC CONT-SCS, in order to engage the MTVC.
No. When SC CONT - SCS and SCS TVC - RATE or ACCEL CMD, MTVC is active regardless of the THC. The THC comes into play when: SC CONT - CMC (CMC -> MTVC) or SC CONT - SCS and SCS TVC - AUTO (SCS AUTO TVC -> MTVC).
What is tested additionally during the MTVC check (and can cause some confusion) is the automatic switchover logic of the gimbal drives. When THC - NEUTRAL and TVC GMBL DRIVE - AUTO, gimbal motors pitch and yaw 1 are active, which is tested first -you should have MTVC, as gimbal motors no. 1 have been started. Now the THC is turned CW, which does two things: first, it switches the MTVC signal to the CMC position of the SC CONT switch (that's why it is thrown in that position directly after THC - CW). This tests the second signal path (switchover CMC -> MTVC). Second, the gimbal drive logic now switches to gimbal motors no. 2. You should have no MTVC, as those are still off. In the next step, gimbal motors no. 2 are started, now you should have MTVC. Finally, the THC is returned to neutral, which breaks the signal path and inhibits MTVC.
Also, as I read it, gimbals P1 and Y1 are tied to the IMU/thumbwheel's vectoring commands, P2 and Y2 are tied to MTVC.
Indirectly. You could also throw the TVC GMBL DRIVE switch to 1 during MTVC to activate P1 and Y1. Or throw it to 2 during CMC or SCS AUTO to have P2 and Y2 active. You've got to keep signal selection and gimbal drive selection apart from each other, although the SCS makes this a hard job sometimes. Wink
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2011, 12:49:09 PM »

I'm in SC CONT - SCS, MAN ATT - RATE CMD, BMAG MODE - ATT1/RATE2, RHC PWR NORM - AC, RHC PWR DIRECT - OFF. When I now move the RHC, the RCS should not fire, as the breakout switches aren't powered and thus the signal path between the proportional control amps and the switching amps is cut off (see fig. 2.3-19 of AOH1 and remark to step 8 on p. 4-488 of AOH2). Additionally, the BMAGS should not become uncaged by the same reason.

I see what you mean, I'll fix it.

Fix is committed (scs.cpp). meik84, can you compile the modules by yourself and re-check?

Thanks
Tschachim

meik84
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2011, 01:27:20 PM »

Yep. That's better, for that part. Thumbs Up But in SC CONT - CMC and THC -CW you should get the TVC you selected with the SCS TVC switches -actually it's wired to AUTO TVC. The same thing with SC CONT - SCS, THC - CW and SCS TVC - AUTO, you should get MTVC then. Dito the gimbal drive part. See tab. 2.3-22 of AOH1 on how this TVC signal and drive selection is wired together. Hope I don't nag you to much -but some of the test subjects for Apollo 7 were to demonstrate switchovers between the various TVC modes during SPS- burns.
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2011, 02:47:04 PM »

No nagging but important testing!  Happy

I know the TVC, but I don't understand you very well, what do you think is wrong exactly?

Cheers
Tschachim

Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2011, 03:33:22 PM »

But in SC CONT - CMC and THC - CW you should get the TVC you selected with the SCS TVC switches - actually it's wired to AUTO TVC.

I think I understand this part, but I can't confirm it. With SC CONT - CMC and THC - CW I do get RATE CMD and ACCEL CMD control when selected with the SCS TVC PITCH/YAW switches.  Confused

The same thing with SC CONT - SCS, THC - CW and SCS TVC - AUTO, you should get MTVC then.

Yes, SC CONT - SCS, THC - CW and SCS TVC PITCH/YAW - AUTO is behaving like SC CONT - SCS, THC - CW and SCS TVC PITCH/YAW - RATE CMD, I just tried it, but perhaps I get you wrong...  Confused

Dito the gimbal drive part.

It's implemented is way: with TVC GMBL DRIVE switches in 1 or 2 you get what you selected. With AUTO you get 2 with THC - CW, else 1. Automatic switch-over because of overcurrent isn't simulated yet in the sense that an overcurrent won't happen. What's wrong with that?  Confused

Sorry for my confusion, but I'm sure we'll figure that out.  Happy

Cheers
Tschachim

meik84
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2011, 11:43:52 PM »

Sorry for my confusion, but I'm sure we'll figure that out.
You're right. I'm too stupid to rotate my THC clockwise... Bangs Head 2
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2011, 08:58:49 AM »

You're right. I'm too stupid to rotate my THC clockwise... Bangs Head 2

Good to know it's working!

...and just for the record, to trigger aborts by rotating the THC counter-clockwise isn't implemented yet (but you need to press the Abort light, which isn't a pushbutton in reality).

Cheers
Tschachim

md500f

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2012, 12:55:14 AM »

Can somebody post a photo of what a correct P23 alignment looks like, I cant work it out from the descriptions. When I hit 'v' to split the sextant it just starts sort of flashing also. Bangs Head
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: