Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2019, 03:41:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Project Apollo Beta 7.0 released!
http://nassp.sf.net/wiki/Installation
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Sounds (Moderators: movieman, lassombra)
| | | |-+  Apollo 8 Air to Ground
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Apollo 8 Air to Ground  (Read 3263 times)
abr35
Project Team Member

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2011, 08:43:00 PM »

I've been working on getting some audio for Apollo 8 from the Honeysuckle creek audio. As of now, I have Launch through TLI and the 2 hours leading up to LOI done in 8-bit audio, and I'll post the work in progress shortly. Is there a way to have audio play in reference to something other then GET, like time from lunar periapsis?
Christophe
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 03:49:31 AM »

I've been working on getting some audio for Apollo 8 from the Honeysuckle creek audio. As of now, I have Launch through TLI and the 2 hours leading up to LOI done in 8-bit audio, and I'll post the work in progress shortly. Is there a way to have audio play in reference to something other then GET, like time from lunar periapsis?

Good!  Thumbs Up There's not a lot of Apollo 8 audio on the website I know.

As far as the audio play reference is concerned, AFAIK, the only reference in orbitersound is with the timeline. Alain Capt managed to do something like you're asking for in AMSO and it's really amazing but it's a special code. Unfortunately We don't have such a feature in Project Apollo. 
abr35
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 01:25:00 PM »

I've tried to attach the audio zip, but it keeps timing out. How do I upload to the CVS?

I still have the follow to do:
  • Trim the length of the sound clips down. Some have silence for up to 30 seconds. I think I'm doing something wrong in Audacity. Anyone familiar with that program?
  • Find audio for 000:16 - 000:53
  • Find audio for 001:05 - 002:26
  • Find audio for 002:31 - 002:45
  • Find audio for CSM/LV Sep
  • Record audio for Lunar orbit, TEI and earth entry

After that I'll see how to handle trans lunar and trans earth coast periods. I doubt people would want time accel constantly interrupted to hear some trivial report that doesn't effect their mission. Also, I'll need to decide what audio to keep and what to leave out. For example, after LOI, Apollo 8's evaporators apparently dried out, I'm not sure whether or not to include this conversation in the audio, as it wouldn't pertain to the user, so I left most of it out.
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 04:17:19 PM »

I've tried to attach the audio zip, but it keeps timing out. How do I upload to the CVS?

PM me your SourceForge user name.

Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 04:36:12 AM »

As far as the audio play reference is concerned, AFAIK, the only reference in orbitersound is with the timeline. Alain Capt managed to do something like you're asking for in AMSO and it's really amazing but it's a special code. Unfortunately We don't have such a feature in Project Apollo. 

We do have something like this in the LM, see Orbiter\Sound\ProjectApollo\Apollo11, especially sound.cvs in there. But I don't know if it's still working...

Cheers
Tschachim

abr35
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 09:53:27 PM »

I don't have a sourceforge name... yet. ROTFL I guess once I finish the TEI and Entry audio I'll take care of uploading things. That way its all done at once.
Christophe
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 01:43:15 AM »

We do have something like this in the LM, see Orbiter\Sound\ProjectApollo\Apollo11, especially sound.cvs in there. But I don't know if it's still working...

Cheers
Tschachim

Oops! So sorry I've forgotten that.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: