Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2020, 01:13:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP News & Discussion
| | |-+  Support & Bugs (Moderators: movieman, Tschachim, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  No control of attitude thrusters???
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: No control of attitude thrusters???  (Read 2498 times)
Nerva

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2010, 08:29:25 AM »

Salvete Omnes!

I'm currently flying the 'Apollo 8' launch scenario on Virtual AGC with automated chacklist turned on. When I reach earth orbit I cannot get any response or control of my attitude thrusters, no rotation or translation. Any suggestions as to why this might be?

Valete,

Nerva.
meik84
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 11:36:03 AM »

That's no bug. The SM RCS will not be activated before separation from the SIVB. If you really need attitude control on the booster (for what?), you can perform saturn take-over:
LAUNCH VEHICLE GUIDANCE - CMC
SC CONT - CMC
V48E
31102E
01111E
V46E
Note that the SVIB moves quite slowly, though.
Nerva

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 11:39:10 AM »

I'm trying to use TransLunarMFD for TLI. It needs to use the attitude thrusters to allign for the burn. Is this a stupid idea? Sad
meik84
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 12:54:08 PM »

You mean LunarTransferMFD? That's a rather good idea. But LTMFD cannot control the SIVB directly, ProjectApolloMFD will do that. Have a look at the 'TLI prep' and 'TLI' chapters of the CSM prelaunch & launch word checklist (\Doc\ProjectApollo-NASSP\Word Checklists\Launch Checklist.doc).
rwitham
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 10:02:47 PM »

That's no bug. The SM RCS will not be activated before separation from the SIVB. If you really need attitude control on the booster (for what?), you can perform saturn take-over

How about for P52 alignment prior to TLI.  The checklist says to make sure that roll, pitch and yaw are all nulled.  I have found I need to null a couple, so how can I do it effectively, without attitude thrusters?  Is Saturn take-over still the best way?

Thanks,
Reuben
eddievhfan1984

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 02:01:47 AM »

Considering that since the SIVB maintains ATT HOLD until after the H2 vent, I just try to lead in to the stars and hope for the best.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: