Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 06, 2019, 07:15:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the new Meadville Space Center forums!
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP News & Discussion
| | |-+  News & Announcements (Moderators: movieman, Tschachim, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  New Project Apollo Beta 20120715 released
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Project Apollo Beta 20120715 released  (Read 5269 times)
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« on: July 17, 2012, 02:01:25 PM »

The new beta modules pack is available here: http://nassp.sf.net/wiki/Installation.

The installation procedure is completely rewritten, the most important new steps are:

There's neither a Meshland nor a Collision module for Orbiter 2010 yet, hopefully Artlav will provide a new one, so please make sure that you disable the "MeshLand" and the "Collision-core" module on the "Modules" tab of Orbiter's Launchpad.

There are only a few features, to be honest I don't really remember them all:

• Optics cover including jettision in space

• Some ECS and EMS bugfixes mentioned in this forum somewhere...

• GNC CWS lights

• More Apollo 7 stuff in the Checklist MFD checklists, almost up to CSM/LV separation

...and just to repeat the current state of checklists here, too:

Annotated checklists in Word file format
are in the Doc\Project Apollo - NASSP\Checklists folder of your beta installation.

Project Apollo Checklist MFD
For Virtual AGC Mode Project Apollo Checklist MFD provides in-game checklists. It can execute checklists automatically, so to watch the show do the following:

• Start Orbiter, go to the "Extras" tab of the Orbiter launchpad, double-click Vessel configuration and then double-click Project Apollo Configuration.
  • Go to the "Virtual AGC Mode" tab and activate both the "Enable automatic checklist execution" and the "Slow automatic checklist execution (e.g. for demonstrations)" option.
  • Start the "Project Apollo - NASSP/Apollo 7 Virtual AGC - Launch" scenario. Choose "Start paused" if you don't want to miss the first steps.
  • Press F1, F4, choose "Custom, then "External MFD".
  • Select the "Project Apollo Checklist" MFD.
  • Press FLSH to highlight the switch of the current step (if applicable)
  • Unpause Orbiter and enjoy the show!

If time permits, I'll continue with the Apollo 7 Checklist MFD checklists and hopefully get something done regarding the rendezvous...

Have fun, comments and questions are always welcome! Happy

Cheers
Tschachim

Vinny003

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 02:01:31 AM »

Hi, Tschachim!

Thanks for the new beta modules! Very cool new features! I wanted to ask you, do you know when will the CSM cockpit lighting be implemented? Thanks!

Cheers,
    Vincent
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 11:41:19 AM »

Do you mean something like local light sources in the virtual cockpit? If yes that's nothing on my list for the moment, sorry.

Cheers
Tschachim

Vinny003

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 11:55:21 AM »

Hi, Tschachim!

I meant cockpit lighting in the 2D cockpit. I'm really forward for trying out the cockpit lighting which I think it should be implemented in the next beta module release. Thanks!

Cheers,
       Vincent
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 08:09:53 AM »

Do you mean the "dark/black" panels from NASSP 6? We don't plan to do something like that as it was not realistic (the real cockpit lighting is much more complex with multiple floodlights / instrument lights) and too much resource consuming both in terms of work and display memory, sorry.

Vinny003

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 03:03:56 PM »

Hi, Tschachim!

Yes, I meant the realistic cockpit lighting like the flood lights, instrument lights, and dimming lights. We have to figure out how to implement the realistic cockpit lighting in the new beta module. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Vincent
Vinny003

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 11:15:05 AM »

Hi, Tschachim!

I'm trying to think how we can get the cockpit lighting (like dimming, floodlights, ect.) to be implemented in the next beta modules release. Thanks!

Cheers,
          Vincent
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: