Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2020, 02:00:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2267 Members
Latest Member: Apollo Next
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP News & Discussion
| | |-+  Support & Bugs (Moderators: movieman, Tschachim, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  Apollo 11 Launch Azimuth Error
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Apollo 11 Launch Azimuth Error  (Read 2398 times)
rcflyinghokie

View Profile Email
« on: January 07, 2013, 02:40:47 PM »

Hey all,

One thing I noticed (and I assume would be a simple fix) was in the Apollo 11 VAGC scenario the computer's launch azimuth is set at +284.41 degrees.  If I recall (and even in the beginning of the scenario) it says it should have an azimuth of approximately 72 degrees.  I do the change launch azimuth through a V78 and it pulse torques the gyros to the proper position but I believe this is something that should be changed as a default.

Also, side note, since I am trying to learn more about this, how would one go about making this change and implementing it.  Thanks!

Ryan

* Apollo 11 - Launch Azimuth.scn (115.36 KB - downloaded 91 times.)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 02:43:11 PM by rcflyinghokie » Logged
meik84
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 03:04:14 PM »

If you want to change it yourself: open the resp. .scn file in a text-editor (window's notepad is just enough). Search for '2633'. You will find (sooner or later) a line like 'EMEM2633 XXXXX' (or CMPAD 2633 XXXXX). Change this line to 'EMEM2633 6317' and the following line to 'EMEM2634 20766'. There must be a space between the numbers but no between EMEM and the number. If the line read CMPAD +something, write CMPAD instead of EMEM. Save and run the scenario. Note that this will work only before you started P01/P02. Afterwards it's pointless. (You could try and select P00 and the try to re-run P01. Don't know if that works, though.)
rcflyinghokie

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 03:28:55 PM »

Found the lines of code, changed them, and they work.  Would this be worth adding to the CVS or should I not worry about it.  (Still new to this, but not new to project Apollo)

Also, just curious where I can read more on the code for that, I assume those are all in octal of course.  Thanks!
meik84
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 12:56:48 AM »

Would this be worth adding to the CVS or should I not worry about it.
Hm. AP11 used a different version of Colossus, Comanche. I don't know if the addresses are different, I only worked with Colossus 249 yet. We could adapt 249 for AP11, but in the worst case it's pointless work. We do have the binaries for Artemis, so we should do it right and wait until we're ready for 11. I'd be happy if I get the LVDC ready for AP8 this year...
Also, just curious where I can read more on the code for that, I assume those are all in octal of course.
Here->http://www.ibiblio.org/apollo/Colossus.html. It has the assembler listing of the various known versions. NASSP uses Version 249 only at this time. Note that the LGC is quite an unconventional system by today's standarts...
eddievhfan1984

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 03:40:43 AM »

Even after that, I've found you can still use V78E to re-torque the IMU to the correct launch azimuth.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: