Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 01, 2020, 10:29:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Gemini 060615 released!
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2267 Members
Latest Member: Apollo Next
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP News & Discussion (Moderators: movieman, Tschachim, Swatch, lassombra)
| | |-+  NTRS SHUT DOWN! PROTECT ALL NTRS MATERIAL!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NTRS SHUT DOWN! PROTECT ALL NTRS MATERIAL!  (Read 4200 times)
dseagrav
Project Admin

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2013, 10:57:31 AM »

NTRS has been shut down by order of Congress. It might not come back. Protect whatever you have from NTRS because you may never get a chance to download it again.

I am not sure what implications this has on us retaining or distributing NTRS material.

eddievhfan1984

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 02:16:32 PM »

Well, it's locked down as of 1915Z today. >.< Any direct links to documents are down.
dseagrav
Project Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 11:43:20 AM »

I called the STI desk and asked about our situation. I was told that as far as they know, we can keep whatever we downloaded previously and don't have to worry about anything Apollo-related becoming restricted. So far nothing "bad" has been found on NTRS. They said that deletion of NTRS items was not being contemplated at this time, and didn't ask me to delete anything. They do not know when or even if NTRS will be coming back, or if Apollo material previously available via NTRS will be available via NTRS if it is restored. So keep close track of whatever documents you have. We may have to establish a document repository of our own.

Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 08:23:10 AM »

Just to have the link here, too, Bob Andrepont's Scribd page has at least some docs: http://www.scribd.com/collections/2716819/Apollo

FordPrefect
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 03:28:57 PM »

I have accumulated about roughly over 3 GB worth of *.pdf files about Project Apollo on my HD. Not that much, but if someone needs anything, let me know, I'll try to dig it up in my "archive".

Too bad about the NTRS shutdown... so much unprecedented historical information locked away.  Sad

My Project Apollo work in progress:
* New detailed Lunar Module Ascent stage with virtual cockpit (VC currently planned as eye candy only) 18 % done

My Project Apollo work to be continued:
* new Service Module SPS engine bell
* various Saturn V textures, exhaust textures
* SIM Bay for the SM

My long-term plans are to create a:
* New detailed Lunar Module descent stage (eventually models of all flown LM's)
* New F-1 engines for the S-1C stage showing the foil (batting) insulation
* New LUT and launch pad (if nobody else does it)
gimp1992

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 06:01:05 AM »

From the NTRS Site, "The NASA Technical Reports Server will be unavailable for public access while the agency conducts a review of the site’s content to ensure that it does not contain technical information that is subject to U.S. export control laws and regulations and that the appropriate reviews were performed. The site will return to service when the review is complete. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

Joe Brown
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 05:09:55 AM »

It's somewhat back up again, but it looks like not with all documents and the old links are broken...  Gloomy

jalexb88

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2014, 12:15:32 PM »

So looks like is this back up now >> http://ntrs.nasa.gov/ seems to be working again.

Alex
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: