Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 01, 2020, 10:17:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Project Apollo - NASSP 6.4.3 released!
http://nassp.sf.net
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2267 Members
Latest Member: Apollo Next
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP News & Discussion (Moderators: movieman, Tschachim, Swatch, lassombra)
| | |-+  I'm in the hospital and can't work
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: I'm in the hospital and can't work  (Read 6167 times)
dseagrav
Project Admin

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2013, 06:57:48 AM »

I've been in the hospital since Monday. I've suffered full kidney failure, and my eyes were damaged by the extremely high blood pressure. One eye is useless and the other is severely degraded.

When I get out of the hospital I will be seeing an eye doctor, and then I will learn if my eyes can be repaired or not. I will update this thread with more info as I get it.
gimp1992

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 07:50:37 AM »

Good luck, and get well soon.

Joe Brown
FordPrefect
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 05:35:22 PM »

dseagrav, I wish you all the best and a full recovery! I sincerely hope you have good support in that difficult time?!

Again, I am hoping all the best for ya!

Rafael

My Project Apollo work in progress:
* New detailed Lunar Module Ascent stage with virtual cockpit (VC currently planned as eye candy only) 18 % done

My Project Apollo work to be continued:
* new Service Module SPS engine bell
* various Saturn V textures, exhaust textures
* SIM Bay for the SM

My long-term plans are to create a:
* New detailed Lunar Module descent stage (eventually models of all flown LM's)
* New F-1 engines for the S-1C stage showing the foil (batting) insulation
* New LUT and launch pad (if nobody else does it)
retro

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 09:28:18 PM »

Dam,Hope you are alright!
Best wishes!
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 05:05:40 AM »

That sounds serious, I hope you can recover from that.
Good luck and best wishes!

eddievhfan1984

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 07:05:15 AM »

Yeah, man. Best hopes for your recovery. \m/
Vinny003

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 02:31:11 AM »

Hi, guys.,

Is dseagrav back yet? I hope he is okay. I'm very worried about him. Thanks!

Cheers,
         Vincent
dseagrav
Project Admin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 09:33:17 PM »

I am still alive.

My eyes have recovered to the point that I can read again, but that could be temporary. In addition to the retinal damage from the kidney failure, I show signs of early stage macular degeneration. More analysis is needed but is not possible at this time.

My kidney failure was found to be permanent. Not only were they so severely damaged that recovery is impossible, they are so severely degraded that there is nothing left to analyze. I will probably never know the cause. The current best guess is that I had undetected high blood pressure for a long time, several years at least. But this is only a guess.

This means I have to undergo dialysis 3 days of the week, generally every other day (skipping one extra day each week because 7 isn't divisible by two) until I die or get a kidney transplant. We are currently doing tests to determine if I am medically eligible to recieve a transplant, but there are many tests that must be done and it takes several months to complete. I can't live alone or work anymore, so I have moved back to my mother's house and I am on disability.

This is what a bill for three months of dialysis looks like: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12368207/Photo%20Jul%2017%2C%2010%2021%2035%20AM.jpg

Most of my time now is sucked up in dealing with the medical bills, collections agencies, and government paperwork (since I had the misfortune to be sick during the government shutdown, everything was billed to me directly as if I had been rejected for disability, and I am now responsible for telling the people who want paid how to get that money from the government) or being sick after dialysis treatments.
eddievhfan1984

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 11:07:04 PM »

Sorry, dude. Wish we could be of help. You at least have my good vibes and wishes. I hope you qualify for that transplant, and that your medical bills get sorted.
vrouleau
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 01:43:25 PM »

Sorry for want is happening and best hopes for you. As a canadian, always hurts to ear stories like yours as you need to focus 100% on your health. Regards
Vinny003

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 07:03:11 PM »

Hi, dseagrav!

I hope you get well soon! Stay strong! I miss your excellent work on the project apollo!

Cheers,
         Vincent
NoName
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2014, 08:14:45 AM »

I'm very sorry to hear all your bad news dseagrav. But thanks for being plain and honest with us. Other people don't like to talk about their illnesses and just disappear from the scene without a word.

I hope you'll get a "new" kidney and I wish you all the very best!

Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2014, 11:12:12 AM »

I wish you the very best, too. My uncle had the same problem, but he was over 70 years old, no chance for a new kidney. I really hope you can get a transplantation sooner or later.

dseagrav
Project Admin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2014, 04:32:13 PM »

Thanks for your well-wishes, they are very appreciated. Here's a status update.

My eyes have recovered to the point where I can read normally if both are being used, but my right eye is permanently damaged. As long as nothing happens to my left eye, I will be OK for the next 10 years at least.

My mother wants to give me one of her kidneys. They did all the pre-transplant workup and everything looks good so far. Next month they're going to start talking details about the actual transplant procedure.

Other than that, the situation is stable.
Vinny003

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2014, 06:32:02 PM »

Hi, Dseagrav!

Please get well soon so you can work on the NASSP-project apollo and make it more realistic! Thanks!

Cheers,
            Vincent
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: