Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 26, 2020, 03:47:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Project Apollo - NASSP 6.4.3 released!
http://nassp.sf.net
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Programming (Moderators: movieman, dseagrav, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  Spacecraft renaming
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Spacecraft renaming  (Read 1385 times)
movieman

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2005, 08:05:02 PM »

I've got fed up with all this AS-xxx stuff, so in the not too distant future I'm going to rename all the CMs and LEMs with their correct names as given by the crew (on the missions where they were named). So if anyone hasa good reason why they want to continue flying AS-506-LM rather than Eagle, speak up before I check in the changes Happy.

Obviously I'll have to do a bunch of code changes in the process: for example, the LEM code expects to get the CSM name by hacking off the last few characters of the LEM name, so the CSM name will now have to be passed to it like the other mission information.
gimp1992

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 09:09:54 PM »

Movieman sounds good to me sometimes I can't remember which code goes with which mission,"alsas my old brain, I knew it well".

Joe Brown
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 09:37:21 PM »

I think it's all working, but I don't have any suitable scenarios to test the LEM code. If no-one has a good reason to keep the old names, I'll check it in tomorrow night (well, tonight now it's past midnight Happy).
DarthVader
Project Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 10:19:39 PM »

Sounds like a good idea. We can always use the real AS-* name for the mission that didn't have nickname ...

Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 05:00:20 AM »

I've no problem with it, looks like a good idea. I also have to change some code in the VAB and the crawler because they also use that "naming convention", but this should be no big problem.

But I mean to remember that they used different callsigns for the CSM when it's docked to the LM or not, but I'm not sure if I remember correctly?

Cheers
Tschachim

orbiterfan
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 05:18:11 AM »

But I mean to remember that they used different callsigns for the CSM when it's docked to the LM or not, but I'm not sure if I remember correctly?
You remember correctly. When all of the astronauts were in the CSM, the call sign was the mission name IE "Apollo 11".

When the crew split up(CDR and LMP in the LM, CMP in CSM), the call sign changed to individual call signs, IE Columbia for the A11 CSM and Eagle for the LM. It reverted back when the astronauts rejoined in the CSM.
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005, 03:41:26 PM »

Renaming is done, hopefully nothing's broken!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: