Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 11, 2020, 05:29:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Project Apollo - NASSP 6.4.3 released!
http://nassp.sf.net
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Programming (Moderators: movieman, dseagrav, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  Apollo RTCC MFD
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Print
Author Topic: Apollo RTCC MFD  (Read 38688 times)
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: May 15, 2017, 08:32:25 AM »

Added a lunar liftoff time prediction page to the RTCC MFD. Inputs are an estimated time for the TPI maneuver and the target vessel. The page will then calculate and display all the relevant times of the rendezvous sequence from launch to Terminal Phase Final (TPF) and the necessary inputs for P12, which are the insertion velocity components. The calculation is only for the concentric rendezvous profile, I'll add the direct rendezvous (used on Apollo 14-17) next.
rcflyinghokie

View Profile Email
« Reply #211 on: May 20, 2017, 09:42:54 AM »

I figure I would put this in here instead of LM Status, but the RTCC CDH page is still having issues for me.  It will sometimes do the calculations with zero issues, but today for example, it will not calculate a thing.  I have tried switching targets the time DH etc, it just stays on the same numbers as the first calculation I tried.  It's acting like its "frozen" even though I can switch other pages within it.  If I exit and come back in, I have no issues, but this "freezing" tends to happen a lot with that page.

EDIT:  I dont know if this is why, but there is a very weird GET on my orbit adjustment page when I load this quicksave (a very LARGE GET), I have been changing that to a more reasonable number and then going to the CDH page and it seems to work.

EDIT 2: I do not think the above issue is related afterall, I am thinking I am inputting values with no solution (like changing the GETI without changing the mode from "fixed" to "find GETI" and it locks up the program.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 10:17:00 AM by rcflyinghokie » Logged
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 20, 2017, 11:57:45 AM »

Could the iteration for a solution have failed? The CDH calculation itself is done in a separate thread, so that Orbiter doesn't freeze, if the calculation takes longer. So you wouldn't really notice that the calculation is stuck. You can still change input parameters like e.g. GETI, but the MFD is still in "calculation mode" and it wouldn't allow you to start a new one. Does that sound like the behavior?

The CDH page was mostly created for the Apollo 7 maneuver and I haven't really touched it in a while, so there totally could be bugs. Maybe your maximum DH is 9.9NM and it tries to find 10NM and iterates forever. I'll take a look at it.
rcflyinghokie

View Profile Email
« Reply #213 on: May 20, 2017, 12:23:52 PM »

Could the iteration for a solution have failed? The CDH calculation itself is done in a separate thread, so that Orbiter doesn't freeze, if the calculation takes longer. So you wouldn't really notice that the calculation is stuck. You can still change input parameters like e.g. GETI, but the MFD is still in "calculation mode" and it wouldn't allow you to start a new one. Does that sound like the behavior?

That's exactly what it sounds like actually.
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 20, 2017, 12:30:39 PM »

That's exactly what it sounds like actually.

Just tried your old insertion scenario, that had a maximum DH of 10.9NM. When I try to let it find the GETI for 11NM the iteration continues forever. I guess I'll change it so that the iterations ends after a few attempts and then will output the best DH it could find.
rcflyinghokie

View Profile Email
« Reply #215 on: May 20, 2017, 01:52:17 PM »

Just tried your old insertion scenario, that had a maximum DH of 10.9NM. When I try to let it find the GETI for 11NM the iteration continues forever. I guess I'll change it so that the iterations ends after a few attempts and then will output the best DH it could find.

Would there be a way to place a "kill" button similar to the V96 on the AGC to just manually terminate calculations to start over?  Or perhaps if the CLC button is pressed, it would terminate calculation before starting a new set of iterations?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 01:54:21 PM by rcflyinghokie » Logged
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 20, 2017, 04:22:57 PM »

Would there be a way to place a "kill" button similar to the V96 on the AGC to just manually terminate calculations to start over?  Or perhaps if the CLC button is pressed, it would terminate calculation before starting a new set of iterations?

That is already halfway implemented. I tried to implement exactly that, killing the thread by pressing CLC a second time. Just doesn't work yet. I don't understand this whole thread system very well, I just copied what dseagrav was using for the MCC. I'll try to work on that again some time.
rcflyinghokie

View Profile Email
« Reply #217 on: May 27, 2017, 11:49:47 AM »

Should the LM Maneuver PAD page in the RTCC also have an APS engine selection along with DPS and the RCS +/- X?
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 12, 2017, 10:35:34 AM »

Should the LM Maneuver PAD page in the RTCC also have an APS engine selection along with DPS and the RCS +/- X?

I don't think there is anything calculated differently for an APS burn, except of course for burn time etc.

I added an "update liftoff time" option to the configuration menu of the MFD. The MFD will read the TEPHEM from the AGC use that as the basis for state vector uplinks etc. This will be a little bit more precise, the actual liftoff time could vary up to 0.5 seconds from the planned time. This option doesn't work yet with the LGC.
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 07, 2017, 02:20:25 PM »

Update:

-Added a PDI PAD for the LM. It's in the same place where the TLI PAD for the CSM would be. The PDI PAD calculation requires a good estimate for the landing time in the MFD and it also needs the current REFSMMAT to be a landing site REFSMMAT. You will get a failure message if the calculation doesn't work.
-LM Maneuver PAD has a heads up/down option.
lotisully86

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 13, 2017, 02:23:37 PM »

I'm getting flying Apollo 10 and am at loi, however I think the rtcc is giving me a bad ls refsmmat. After uplinking and doing p52 opt 1 Agc can't point the optics at the right stars and I get terrible Loi results, i.e. 436x-137. Will attach scn

edit: this scn is just before refsmmat uplink

« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 02:27:07 PM by lotisully86 » Logged
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 13, 2017, 03:05:15 PM »

Which uplink option did you choose on the REFSMMAT page? "REFSMMAT" or "Desired REFSMMAT"?
lotisully86

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 13, 2017, 03:13:17 PM »

Desired ref...and the flight plan calls for refsmmat. Sorry that could be it I guess, I just figured it might be a typo based on my (very little) understanding of the difference, other than its usage in the lm activation.
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 13, 2017, 03:20:31 PM »

Desired ref...and the flight plan calls for refsmmat. Sorry that could be it I guess, I just figured it might be a typo based on my (very little) understanding of the difference, other than its usage in the lm activation.

The difference is mostly AGC internal terminology. For a normal REFSMMAT change like Launch to PTC, or PTC to Landing Site you would always use the "Desired REFSMMAT" option for the uplink. That option doesn't uplink directly to the address of the REFSMMAT, but to an intermediate storage address. You will want to keep the actual REFSMMAT healthy, or else the AGC can't find any star or Earth or Moon anymore. In the process of a P52 option 1 (after the marks on stars) the new REFSMMAT then gets copied from the intermediate location to the "normal" REFSMMAT address. That's how you normally get a new alignment.

During the LM Activation the LGC doesn't really have a valid REFSMMAT yet. So in that case you uplink directly to the REFSMMAT address.

Anyway, I wanted to get this question ouf of the way, because it would have been the most obvious mistake. Now I'll take a look at the scenario.  Very Happy
abr35
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 13, 2017, 03:47:25 PM »

I'm getting flying Apollo 10 and am at loi, however I think the rtcc is giving me a bad ls refsmmat. After uplinking and doing p52 opt 1 Agc can't point the optics at the right stars and I get terrible Loi results, i.e. 436x-137. Will attach scn

edit: this scn is just before refsmmat uplink

I had the same issue at LOI on Apollo 12. Completely forgot about it, or would have included it in my error report. A newly calculated and uploaded REFSMMAT and P52 Opt 1 did the job for me, but that still doesn't explain the error the first time around. Out of curiosity, did you have the NO ATT light remain illuminated long (like ~1 min) after the FDAI slewed to the new orientation? That was always the clue to to me something was amiss.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: