Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 26, 2020, 08:49:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Gemini 060615 released!
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Programming (Moderators: movieman, dseagrav, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  Sorry about my commit to lempanel.cpp
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sorry about my commit to lempanel.cpp  (Read 1202 times)
dseagrav

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2015, 11:10:49 AM »

Replicate the change if you wish but absolutely destroy the commit message.

Apparently whoever owns tortoisecvs now forcibly inserts advertisements for their commercial software in your commit messages.
This is absolutely unacceptable.

I apologize for polluting the source with this.

I managed to clean it up by doing a checkout on a linux box and editing the ad out of the file. I can't remove the ad they put in the commit log though, but nobody should see it unless they're looking at history.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 11:45:08 AM by dseagrav » Logged
eddievhfan1984

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 08:07:43 PM »

Bleh. Can we migrate to a different source control system, or just switch CVS providers?
dseagrav

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 09:37:30 PM »

It's not sourceforge's doing, it's March Hare, the people who make the CVSNT software underneath TortoiseCVS. They got sick of providing the free version of their product, so now they only support the $150 commercial version. TortoiseCVS/CVSNT only exist as a means to advertise their commercial products.

I find this behavior dishonest, and I'm not even remotely willing to reward it. I'll just keep Orbiter on a file share from my Linux machine and use Linux's CVS implementation instead. This involves a performance penalty but I'll gladly endure that rather than being forced to advertise for someone I consider dishonest at best.

(That said, this is not an option for everyone who does not have a Linux fileserver sitting around. Staying on CVS as a Windows project is probably not sustainable.)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 09:39:41 PM by dseagrav » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: