Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2020, 05:13:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Project Apollo Beta 7.0 released!
http://nassp.sf.net/wiki/Installation
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Programming (Moderators: movieman, dseagrav, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  Want to built a capsule : need some shared mem!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Want to built a capsule : need some shared mem!  (Read 1448 times)
Antoo

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2015, 04:42:32 AM »

Hi everyone, me and my brother want to build an Apollo CM replica, fully functionnal, using NASSP 7.0 . The problem is that we do not know where could the shared memory be located, and/or how could we extract it...
Whe would like to create a program that would "click" on the buttons of the CM. But to do so, we need to know how is the code made!

A location... we just need a location...
Yhank you very much by advance Happy !
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 04:45:50 AM by Antoo » Logged
dseagrav

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 09:39:16 AM »

This depends more on your hardware than the software. We can make the software do anything, given time. Your hardware, however, is only capable of so much. For example, flipping the switches is simple, but what about the displays? How do you plan to get the data out for the displays? Not just the computer either, you'd need the FDAIs and EMS and all the various gauges.

I'd suggest you build your hardware first, and drive the displays with dummy data. Once you have all that working then it's just a matter of code to get NASSP to talk to it.
Do a good enough job and I bet you could sell them to interested parties or museums.

Antoo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 11:58:21 AM »

Thank you for your answer!
Don't mind about the hardware, I'm studying electronics in an engineer school, so there is no problem about doing FDAI, gauges, etc... or sending this data from the computer to the µCs.
The only problem we have is about extracting data of the switches (positions or state) and the environemental specs (pressure of that or this, temps, etc...).

I think this could be in a shared memory, but I do not know how to acceed to it...
Do you know how to extract those data? Or where they are located?
We plan to make the EMS fully operational, and then yes, with a solid folder, serach sponsors/funds.

Thx Happy !
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 01:10:20 PM by Antoo » Logged
dseagrav

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 05:43:28 PM »

If you are asking if such a thing exists NOW, it does not. There is no shared memory array where all of the state data is located. The closest thing we would have is the telemetry datastream, which is available by TCP connection. Search the forums for "telemetry" and read the Apollo documentation for the protocol. A good number of variables are carried, this could be used as a starting point.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: