Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2020, 10:12:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Project Apollo - NASSP 6.4.3 released!
http://nassp.sf.net
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development (Moderators: movieman, Tschachim, Swatch, lassombra)
| | |-+  What needs done?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 56 Print
Author Topic: What needs done?  (Read 74712 times)
jalexb88

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: September 21, 2016, 02:20:04 PM »

I'm making some good progress on the Apollo 8 flight plan, Ive got the P37s done and working through the 120 hour mark right now. Its going quickly as all the maneuvers are now copy/paste of the already implemented ones and I should get working on the Entry phase this evening. rcflyinghokie, I apologize again for taking quite some time on this but I guess I got distracted with the LEM and all  Rolling Eyes Ive implemented some of your techniques into my portion like the V47,V66 after the maneuvers and other things.  Ill post my latest copy of it tonight and should have it complete very shortly.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 02:24:11 PM by jalexb88 » Logged
rcflyinghokie

View Profile Email
« Reply #721 on: September 21, 2016, 08:49:35 PM »

I'm making some good progress on the Apollo 8 flight plan, Ive got the P37s done and working through the 120 hour mark right now. Its going quickly as all the maneuvers are now copy/paste of the already implemented ones and I should get working on the Entry phase this evening. rcflyinghokie, I apologize again for taking quite some time on this but I guess I got distracted with the LEM and all  Rolling Eyes Ive implemented some of your techniques into my portion like the V47,V66 after the maneuvers and other things.  Ill post my latest copy of it tonight and should have it complete very shortly.

I think we ALL were distracted by the LM!  And rightfully so since that's the next big step in this project Happy  I look forward to seeing your results and then after some debugging we can get it into a word checklist fixed up for the mission.
jalexb88

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: September 21, 2016, 10:26:03 PM »

Here is my work as of tonight. I have completed up until the just before CM-SM separation checklist. Just to let you know rcflyinghokie, I have added/changed a few small things on the translunar phase in my copy, hope your ok with it. I've added the w-matrix initialization right after TLI and added a few of the Battery charging checklists as I noted that a few were missing in the early part of the mission.

A few things I've noted on the MCC/RTCC on the trans earth phase:

1. MCC-5 Maneuver PAD is issued at around 103:45:00 and the burn itself is around 104:15:00. That leaves only 30 minutes for the burn prep which is much less than the other burns. (The Flight plan shows we should have over an hour from the PAD to the actual MCC-5 burn.)

2. If MCC's are scrubbed, their associated SV updates also don't get uplinked. This means that after MCC-5, if all the burns are scrubbed, there is no SV updates again until re-entry. This may be accurate though Ill check AFJ tomorrow.

3. MCC-7 was scrubbed but the preliminary entry pad that comes 5 minutes after it had remarks "assumes MCC-7" even though it was scrubbed. (And the resulting PAD data was wrong, presumably for taking into account a non-existent MCC-7?)

* Apollo 8 Checklists.xls (580.5 KB - downloaded 73 times.)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 10:42:53 PM by jalexb88 » Logged
lotisully86

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: September 22, 2016, 01:33:10 AM »

I quickly glanced thru the AFJ for 8 but did not find any. In my very uneducated opinion, this would seem to be correct; no need for manuever, no need for SV update. Excellent job thank you for uploading!
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: September 22, 2016, 04:12:49 AM »

1. MCC-5 Maneuver PAD is issued at around 103:45:00 and the burn itself is around 104:15:00. That leaves only 30 minutes for the burn prep which is much less than the other burns. (The Flight plan shows we should have over an hour from the PAD to the actual MCC-5 burn.)

I think I got the hour wrong on this. According to the flight plan the update happens 1.5 hours before the burn, not 0.5 hours. I'll fix this.

2. If MCC's are scrubbed, their associated SV updates also don't get uplinked. This means that after MCC-5, if all the burns are scrubbed, there is no SV updates again until re-entry. This may be accurate though Ill check AFJ tomorrow.

I quickly glanced thru the AFJ for 8 but did not find any. In my very uneducated opinion, this would seem to be correct; no need for manuever, no need for SV update. Excellent job thank you for uploading!

There is a final Entry PAD 45 minutes before EI that should include a state vector update. Did you not get that? If all the MCCs are scrubbed, then this should be the only update necessary.

3. MCC-7 was scrubbed but the preliminary entry pad that comes 5 minutes after it had remarks "assumes MCC-7" even though it was scrubbed. (And the resulting PAD data was wrong, presumably for taking into account a non-existent MCC-7?)

Looks like this Entry PAD is always calculated with the last MCC. I'll have to add the maneuver scrubbing logic to it.

EDIT: Also, jalexb88, have you flown the whole thing with Colossus237? How did it go? Anything unusual?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 05:04:54 AM by indy91 » Logged
rcflyinghokie

View Profile Email
« Reply #725 on: September 22, 2016, 07:56:51 AM »

Here is my work as of tonight. I have completed up until the just before CM-SM separation checklist. Just to let you know rcflyinghokie, I have added/changed a few small things on the translunar phase in my copy, hope your ok with it. I've added the w-matrix initialization right after TLI and added a few of the Battery charging checklists as I noted that a few were missing in the early part of the mission.

I will take a look today but I am sure everything is great Happy  I think I did my battery charging based on the AFJ and not the checklist when I originally did it so that's good that you moved them.
jalexb88

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: September 22, 2016, 09:13:42 AM »

There is a final Entry PAD 45 minutes before EI that should include a state vector update. Did you not get that? If all the MCCs are scrubbed, then this should be the only update necessary.
EDIT: Also, jalexb88, have you flown the whole thing with Colossus237? How did it go? Anything unusual?

OK then it is good then, yes I did get the CSM+LM update with the final entry pad. I'm finishing the checklist with my old scenarios so I'm using Colossus 249 for that. Once I'm finished, Ill fly the entire mission again for testing of everything, and for that Ill use Colossus 237.

jalexb88

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: September 22, 2016, 10:22:03 PM »

Finished up to splashdown. I've made a new sheet for the Entry preparation checklist, and have completed the CM-SM-Separation checklist. The CM-SM-Separation checklist ends at the end of the Entry phase where it requires the user to hit PRO on the MFD through 40,000 feet and then calls the Splashdown checklist which has CHECKLIST_RELATIVE events which are timed so as to happen at the correct altitudes as the checklist progresses. I still haven't worked on the post-splashdown items of the checklist.

EDIT: I have events in the CM-SM-Separation checklist that are timed off of CM_SM_SEPARATION_DONE. These events however show title "unknown event" even though they are working... Anyone know how to hide the "unknown event" or a way to give it a name?

* Apollo 8 Checklists.xls (612.5 KB - downloaded 53 times.)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 10:27:59 PM by jalexb88 » Logged
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: September 23, 2016, 06:23:58 AM »

I commited the updated Checklist MFD file and added a message on the Checklist MFD for the CM/SM Separation event. Oh, you did some things relative to CM/SM Separation? Then I'll have to add that, too...

EDIT: I did that and also added the LM FDAI ball. Sorry for the triple build.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 06:32:18 AM by indy91 » Logged
jalexb88

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: September 23, 2016, 02:39:38 PM »

Ok finished the checklist file for Apollo 8.  Sorry Indy, I have now also added events relative to SPLASHDOWN in the splashdown checklist. Could you add those to?  Happy Going to work now, but when I'm back Ill have one final look at the entire checklist to check for errors, and Ill fly the entire mission again with 237.

Also For the MAIN RELEASE switch (MainReleaseSwitch) we have the same problem as the event timer did. It is too fast for the auto execution to recognize.

* Apollo 8 Checklists.xls (618 KB - downloaded 73 times.)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 02:43:44 PM by jalexb88 » Logged
jalexb88

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: September 24, 2016, 08:15:43 PM »

I've made another modification to the Apollo 8 checklist file, this one changes the handling the MCC maneuvers that can be scrubbed. What I have done is moved MCC-1,2,3,5,6,7 (Not 4 as it is mandatory) out of the flight plan and each into their own separate checklist that is called by the flight plan. Say for MCC-2, the flight plan will read MCC-2 (click PRO or click FAIL to bypass if scrubbed) so clicking PRO calls the MCC-2 checklist, and the SV update, P52,P30,P40/P41 are all in that checklist. If the user clicks FAIL than all the MCC-2 related items are bypassed.  Also, for all the MCC maneuvers that can vary for SPS/RCS criteria, I've changed those P40 and P41 events to one single P40/41 Thrusting (click PRO for P40 -- click FAIL for P41) So PRO uses the call group P40 Thrusting and FAIL uses the fail group P41 Thrusting.

Let me know what you guys think of this, I can always change it back too. Also I added the SXT star check full checklist for the LOI-1 star check.

* Apollo 8 Checklists.xls (920 KB - downloaded 58 times.)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 08:17:30 PM by jalexb88 » Logged
jalexb88

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: September 25, 2016, 11:48:34 AM »

Ok I'm running the mission again just going through the insertion checklist. I've noticed an error in my check list that caused the MFD to call the flight plan directly after earth orbit insertion instead of going to the insertion checklist. This is an error on my part, I don't really know how it happened, but in the Apollo 8 checklist.xls file in the GROUPS tab, please change the Flightplan "time" field from 0 back to 14000.  Duh! 

BTW, Colossus 237 is doing a fine job so far!
rcflyinghokie

View Profile Email
« Reply #732 on: September 25, 2016, 06:20:34 PM »

BTW, Colossus 237 is doing a fine job so far!

How are the MCC times syncing up?  I know at some point they are dependant on when you uplink causing the checklist time and MCC times to be off.
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: September 27, 2016, 08:46:43 AM »

I've made another modification to the Apollo 8 checklist file, this one changes the handling the MCC maneuvers that can be scrubbed. What I have done is moved MCC-1,2,3,5,6,7 (Not 4 as it is mandatory) out of the flight plan and each into their own separate checklist that is called by the flight plan. Say for MCC-2, the flight plan will read MCC-2 (click PRO or click FAIL to bypass if scrubbed) so clicking PRO calls the MCC-2 checklist, and the SV update, P52,P30,P40/P41 are all in that checklist. If the user clicks FAIL than all the MCC-2 related items are bypassed.  Also, for all the MCC maneuvers that can vary for SPS/RCS criteria, I've changed those P40 and P41 events to one single P40/41 Thrusting (click PRO for P40 -- click FAIL for P41) So PRO uses the call group P40 Thrusting and FAIL uses the fail group P41 Thrusting.

I haven't tried this yet, but this is a good solution I think. The Checklist MFD can't know everything itself. The PRO/FAIL will also be useful for go/no go times during the Earth orbit missions. It shouldn't be too much additional effort to implement that. It would basically just call the entry preparation checklists much earlier in the flight. And the user will have to either use the Maneuver PAD for the 6-4 landing or the block data deorbit maneuver for the specific Go/No Go Area from the flight plan.
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #734 on: October 01, 2016, 08:24:45 AM »

I have commited my big RTCC reorganization. Mostly the MFD, but also the RTCC calculations itself. So I expect new bugs to be mostly in the MFD, but of course it's possible that now something is broken with the MCC, too. Hopefully not. I have to do such a reorganization from time to time, because it has happened a few times before that too many new features were added and the code became a big mess. There is notihng really interesting for the end user in this commit, just stuff in the background.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 08:48:46 AM by indy91 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 56 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: