Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2019, 03:49:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Project Apollo Beta 7.0 released!
http://nassp.sf.net/wiki/Installation
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP News & Discussion
| | |-+  Support & Bugs (Moderators: movieman, Tschachim, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  Computer freezing at same point in mission.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Computer freezing at same point in mission.  (Read 1094 times)
rcflyinghokie

View Profile Email
« on: June 18, 2016, 09:10:58 AM »

Running the Apollo 8 VAGC for the first time in a while and every time I get to about 66h, I get a constant COMP ACTY light and cannot even go to P00 without issuing a VERB 96.  It freezes up whenever I try to run for example the P30 for LOI. 

I have attached my latest save if it will help narrow down the issue.  I even started fresh, time warping with the computer off, and still at about 66h I get the same issue.  Thanks!

indy91

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 10:20:10 AM »

Well, that's a stupid little error on my part that must have been there for quite a while. The RTCC MFD uplinks the state vector to the wrong slot. So if you want to uplink a state vector for the CSM, then it actually does the uplink to the LM slot. A Verb 66 then overwrites the correct state vector in the LM slot with the old one. This problem only happens for a moon referenced state vector and only with the RTCC MFD. As a temporary solution, either choose the LM option (which actually uplinks to the CSM state vector slot) or use the state vector update functionality of the Project Apollo MFD. After you have a working state vector again, the freezing shouldn't happen anymore.
rcflyinghokie

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 10:53:31 AM »

Ah voila, that explains it thanks indy!  Also the SOI change explains the consistancy with it happening around 65-66h MET.  This is my first run with the RTCC MFD with 8, I was trying to use it for everything but the actual TLI SIVB burn but while in Moon SOI I will just use the PAMFD SV updates.
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 12:29:57 PM »

Yeah, the PAMFD works just as well for that. The only reason I added the state vector update to the RTCC MFD was the ability to calculate and uplink a future state vector. This was sometimes used before the lunar landing, because the ground computers had a more extensive gravitational model of the moon. So these time tagged state vectors (e.g. 10 minutes before the DOI maneuver) had a better accuracy than the AGC would be able to. One of the things that made precision landings possible. Anyway, the RTCC MFD bugfix will be in the next version, in a few days maybe.
rcflyinghokie

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 10:28:28 PM »

Wonderful, keep up the outstanding work!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: