Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 12, 2020, 10:22:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Project Apollo - NASSP 6.4.3 released!
http://nassp.sf.net
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Planning (Moderators: movieman, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  New optics panel?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New optics panel?  (Read 808 times)
eddievhfan1984

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2016, 11:05:24 PM »

This would probably be too late for the intended 7.0 release, but there's a request I'd like to put in for later.

The current optics panel is OK, but there's a few things I think could stand improvement:

• The optics eyepieces take up a small proportion of the screen, and it results in less optics space available than there should be. To get an equivalent 60 FOV in the SCT, I have to change the panel FOV to 72.
  • Some timed operations, like optics marking in P20, are difficult to time without an MET/event timer repeater. This may be tied in to the lack of working timers on the lower left panels (including suit flow valves, water ports, etc.)
  • The panel looks blocky, as it appears to be made from the larger panel 100 bitmap cropped and zoomed.
  • Based in information I received from indy91 and some photos I've seen, we use an older Apollo optics setup, since the other images show a separate zeroing switch and the lack of a star tracker (ours isn't even functional).

I'm aware that there exist some plans to make a future release completely 3D, but I think optics operations may have to remain 2D for the most part. In light of all this, would anyone be interested in redesigning the optics panels?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 12:20:21 AM by eddievhfan1984 » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: