Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 01, 2020, 10:35:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2267 Members
Latest Member: Apollo Next
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development (Moderators: movieman, Tschachim, Swatch, lassombra)
| | |-+  Anybody have admin access to the Wiki or Sourceforge?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Anybody have admin access to the Wiki or Sourceforge?  (Read 3852 times)
kneecaps
Project Team Member

36711000 kneecaps@shockpulse.co.uk
View Profile
« on: July 20, 2016, 10:03:04 PM »

The Wiki situation is now dire. The Wiki version is 10 years old (too old to be exported with any tools I know). I think the email may have stopped working because of php upgrades on the server at some point in the past.

Somebody with admin access should urgently take a backup. Then is there some way it can possibly be upgraded? That may fix the email issues. Failing that I can't see any other option but to export the data and import it elsewhere.

"Okay. As soon as we find the Earth, we will do it."
- Frank Borman, Apollo 8

Current Work: ?? What next??

Future Work:
I know the AGC pretty well so anything need doing there?

On Hold/Completed:
SPS TVC in P40 issues.
P11 FDAI Error Needles (98%) complete. Comitted. Working A7 scenario.
P06 AGC Standby. Concluded. It's done by the AGC PSU.
Got us a complete AOH Volume II
dseagrav
Project Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 12:34:53 PM »

The wiki is on Ibiblio, and I have no special access there. I do have admin access to SF.
kneecaps
Project Team Member

36711000 kneecaps@shockpulse.co.uk
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 05:42:28 PM »

The wiki is on Ibiblio, and I have no special access there. I do have admin access to SF.

Hello, thanks for replying to this. Do you happen to have access to the Wiki itself at the moment? It's looking like we may end up having to almost 'screen scrape' the content to a new wiki. The MediaWiki version is so old it doesn't have the API which would permit me to export it properly. Sad

"Okay. As soon as we find the Earth, we will do it."
- Frank Borman, Apollo 8

Current Work: ?? What next??

Future Work:
I know the AGC pretty well so anything need doing there?

On Hold/Completed:
SPS TVC in P40 issues.
P11 FDAI Error Needles (98%) complete. Comitted. Working A7 scenario.
P06 AGC Standby. Concluded. It's done by the AGC PSU.
Got us a complete AOH Volume II
Thymo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 04:09:12 AM »

Have there been any updates to this situation?
Maybe it should be considered moving to a new host if nobody has access. That would indeed mean we will have to scrape the wiki.
dseagrav
Project Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 01:23:05 PM »

No updates to my knowledge. Even scraping the old content is questionable because so much has changed, it would probably be more trouble than it is worth.

We do have lots of options. We can change to using the Github wiki, or we can host our own somewhere else. I have my own server and can host it myself if we want something special or don't want to deal with forced ads or other such nonsense. I am open to any suggestions other than anything involving Wikia, I absolutely will not support any involvement with Wikia.
Thymo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 02:18:56 PM »

My preference would also be to self-host. That way you have full control about all elements of the wiki and underlying infrastructure.

However, the same problem we have now could just as well happen again (unlikely, but you never know). To prevent that we should have multiple people that can e.g dump the database if the need arises.
Perhaps even a second mirror in the event it goes down/ become inaccesible. I can provide that mirror since I too have a homeserver (that is sitting mostly idle Happy ).
Thymo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2016, 08:21:16 PM »

I've put mediawiki up on my server so that we can start to move over stuff from the old one.
We can always move over to a more permanent solution if needed.

Reference post:
http://www.ibiblio.org/mscorbit/mscforum/index.php?topic=1456.msg24760#msg24760

Wiki:
http://vanbeers.ddns.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2016, 05:37:26 AM »

Thanks for the initial work. I guess we will have to copy over each article manually because of the way the old Wiki is broken? Seems like a slow process, but we can then update the articles step by step.

Also @dseagrav, could a new wiki be linked under http://nassp.sourceforge.net/? I don't know much about these things.

dseagrav
Project Admin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2016, 06:46:54 AM »

Hold the phone; I may have misunderstood how the web stuff works. I might be able to salvage it after all. Watch this space.

Edit: Progress. It's not on ibiblio at all; I thought it was redirected to ibiblio from the subdomain. It's actually on sourceforge's webserver and I have access to the files and database.
Edit 2: Further Progress. I can modify the database. I made a backup of its present state. In the event I can't make mail work, I am pretty sure I know how to forge email verification to enable individual accounts.

Should I try to upgrade it as it is and then fix whatever is broken afterward, or try to fix what we have now and worry about upgrading later?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 07:34:53 AM by dseagrav » Logged
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2016, 07:42:32 AM »

Great! Now is as good a time to break the wiki as any. We thought it was broken anyway. So my vote is on upgrading now.
Thymo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2016, 08:40:14 AM »

Do make a backup of the database before you start though. In the event things do go catastrophically wrong.
It also looks like most of the wiki can be exported to mine. Apart from some missing templates everything copied over fine.

I've also gone ahead and registered nassp.ddns.net as a new domain. It currently points to my webserver. I'll set it up so that it directly goes to the wiki and not to my main page.
Thymo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2016, 08:49:18 AM »

On the topic of web things.
Shouldn't the forum be upgraded too? Simple Machines is already on 2.0.12 while we're still on 1.1.10.
dseagrav
Project Admin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2016, 08:53:55 AM »

Shouldn't the forum be upgraded too? Simple Machines is already on 2.0.12 while we're still on 1.1.10.

That I'm certain is on ibiblio, therefore I have no direct access to it.

dseagrav
Project Admin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2016, 12:37:49 AM »

Progress report: Mediawiki breakage under way. 1.26 is the last version to support the version of PHP that sourceforge provides, so that's where we're going. Several extensions have disappeared in the meantime and no longer exist. The upgrade script is presently running. Situation very fluid. I'll give a damage report when the dust settles.

Update: It works, in some form. The extensions SpecialRandomscreenshot, DynamicPageList2, and Biblio are no longer available. It appears that Biblio was never configured, so it may have been never used.
Update 2: SpecialRandomscreenshot was apparently written by someone specifically for NASSP. Is there a more supported way to do this or should I attempt to replicate it? I'm not familiar at all with mediawiki's internals.
Update 3: There are 186,770 users in the database. Something tells me a majority of these are spam robots. I'm hoping that fixing mail doesn't result in a flood of crap.
Update 4: Email from mediawiki is apparently fixed. God help us.
Update 5: I added a few questions to the registration to try to keep us from getting hammered. Hopefully it works.
Update 6: SpecialRandomscreenshot was replaced with RandomImageByCategory. Since this means there's isn't a page destination for the random image anymore, the sidebar link for this was removed.
Update 7: I'm going to attempt to mass-delete everyone who isn't verified to make sure none of these spammer users never come back.
Update 8: Mass-deletion apparently succeeded. We should be good to go.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 04:50:50 AM by dseagrav » Logged
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2017, 09:02:13 AM »

I can't upload files to the wiki. I always get this error:

Internal error

[f560b402] /wiki/Special:Upload MWException from line 1868 of /home/project-web/nassp/htdocs/mediawiki-1.26.4/includes/filerepo/file/LocalFile.php: Could not acquire lock for 'RTCCMFDMenu1.png.'

Backtrace:

#0 /home/project-web/nassp/htdocs/mediawiki-1.26.4/includes/filerepo/file/LocalFile.php(1147): LocalFile->lock()
#1 /home/project-web/nassp/htdocs/mediawiki-1.26.4/includes/upload/UploadBase.php(708): LocalFile->upload(string, string, string, integer, array, boolean, User)
#2 /home/project-web/nassp/htdocs/mediawiki-1.26.4/includes/specials/SpecialUpload.php(486): UploadBase->performUpload(string, string, boolean, User)
#3 /home/project-web/nassp/htdocs/mediawiki-1.26.4/includes/specials/SpecialUpload.php(197): SpecialUpload->processUpload()
#4 /home/project-web/nassp/htdocs/mediawiki-1.26.4/includes/specialpage/SpecialPage.php(384): SpecialUpload->execute(NULL)
#5 /home/project-web/nassp/htdocs/mediawiki-1.26.4/includes/specialpage/SpecialPageFactory.php(553): SpecialPage->run(NULL)
#6 /home/project-web/nassp/htdocs/mediawiki-1.26.4/includes/MediaWiki.php(281): SpecialPageFactory::executePath(Title, RequestContext)
#7 /home/project-web/nassp/htdocs/mediawiki-1.26.4/includes/MediaWiki.php(714): MediaWiki->performRequest()
#8 /home/project-web/nassp/htdocs/mediawiki-1.26.4/includes/MediaWiki.php(508): MediaWiki->main()
#9 /home/project-web/nassp/htdocs/mediawiki-1.26.4/index.php(41): MediaWiki->run()
#10 {main}

Any ideas @dseagrav?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: