Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 24, 2020, 10:43:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Gemini 060615 released!
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Modeling (Moderators: movieman, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  16:9 Panels
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: 16:9 Panels  (Read 3229 times)
jalexb88

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2016, 11:07:28 PM »

I was getting annoyed with all the open areas around the panels designed for old 4:3 monitors that I decided to edit them. Ive finished most of the LEM bitmaps, only the AOT panel and rendezvous window left to do. I haven't re-mapped the gauge coordinates yet, but most of the new bitmaps do not require it, with the exception of the LPD, AOT and rendezvous panels. Ill also work on the CSM ones.  I hope you don't mind Moonwalker, I've only slightly changed your work so it will fit the entire screen.  Happy

To try you must put the files in the Orbitersdk\samples\ProjectApollo\Bitmaps folder, then you must recompile the modules.  Since there is more room on the LPD panel, Ive added a few things that I think are important on it. Let me know what you guys think and If I should change anything.

UPDATED 09/15/2016

* 16_9 CSM panels.zip (4084.45 KB - downloaded 99 times.)
* 16_9 LEM panels.zip (4573.91 KB - downloaded 85 times.)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 07:51:27 PM by jalexb88 » Logged
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 05:41:02 AM »

Very nice! It probably was not so apparent with my 16:10 monitor. I just noticed one thing, the LMP contact light is partly concealed by its label. I think these changes are good enough to commit them soon.
jalexb88

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 08:40:50 AM »

Fixed the LMP contact light. I've also included the remaining AOT and rendezvous panels. We now just have to put the extra gauges now visible on the wider panels and re adjust the positioning of the gauges on the LPD, AOT, rendezvous panels.

Also, I've included me 16:9 CSM panels. No need for re-doing the gauges on those.

EDIT: Just updated the LEM panels again, added the oxidizer reading above the fuel gauge on the LPD panel.

EDIT2: Updated the LEM LPD again, added the DSKY display since I think well need it when using the LPD update.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 10:23:05 PM by jalexb88 » Logged
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 09:01:51 AM »

We now just have to put the extra gauges now visible on the wider panels and re adjust the positioning of the gauges on the LPD, AOT, rendezvous panels.

Yes, but where are the LM ECS panels and the CSM rendezvous window panel looking through the 31.7 line I always wanted?  ROTFL Great work already and I gladly leave the missing working gauges to you, Eddie or whoever else wants to work on this. I got too frustrated failing at implementing the LM ORDEAL. But having it all available on the LPD panel would be very nice.
jalexb88

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 08:25:53 PM »

Yes, but where are the LM ECS panels and the CSM rendezvous window panel looking through the 31.7 line I always wanted?  ROTFL Great work already and I gladly leave the missing working gauges to you, Eddie or whoever else wants to work on this. I got too frustrated failing at implementing the LM ORDEAL. But having it all available on the LPD panel would be very nice.

I was thinking of the 31.7 line and how maybe we could use the virtual cockpit to make a view through the line and make an 2d panel out of that...  Also, is it possible to get the smooth FDAIs enabled for the LEM?

I have made another modification to declutter/fix the gauge positions on the LPD panel, and I have added most of the gauges on it. I haven't done the switches yet, that's beyond my level of knowledge for the moment.  Rolling Eyes I have attached the update to the LEM on the post above, it includes the modifications to lempanel.cpp.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 08:45:24 PM by jalexb88 » Logged
eddievhfan1984

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 09:57:29 PM »

Well, we also gotta redraw the LM FDAIs, since based on new information, they don't have the red guard bands at 90 and 270 yaw (since the middle gimbal's in the roll axis). But smooth FDAI shouldn't be an issue, I guess...
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 04:31:54 AM »

Also, is it possible to get the smooth FDAIs enabled for the LEM?

Looks like the parameter for the LM is just not loaded from the configuration file, so a very easy change.

I have made another modification to declutter/fix the gauge positions on the LPD panel, and I have added most of the gauges on it. I haven't done the switches yet, that's beyond my level of knowledge for the moment.  Rolling Eyes I have attached the update to the LEM on the post above, it includes the modifications to lempanel.cpp.

Are all the changes in the LPDpanel.txt? I would prefer that I don't have to work with complete files that I copy and paste over my own lempanel.cpp copy. When I did that with Eddie's FDAI changes, then there were about 10,000 slight differences to the git version, like empty spaces etc. The best way would really be a pull request on github, but I don't mind getting the bitmaps and the changes to any code here.

There are probably a few panel elements that need to get a new panel area definition. The right X-Pointer for some reason was moved by about a pixel with your bitmap change. But both X-Pointers need to be slightly adjusted so that their 0-Position is aligned with the background texture.
jalexb88

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2016, 01:12:22 PM »

Yeah the text file has all the changes I have done, not many. I am working on a new version of the LPD panel, now in true 1920x1080 resolution so the gauges are crystal clear! And I have used new panel clippings from the LEM main panel so everything is where it should be, and Ill have to re-edit the gauge locations though. It looks quite good, standby for the attachment...

EDIT: I have attached the updated panels as of tonight up on the main post. All the LEM bitmaps (except AOT & RDVZ) have been updated for 1920x1080 resolution and I have added all the remaining FDAIs. I have also fixed all the x-pointers and added some other missing gauges and adjusted the AOT/RDVZ panel gauges. I have included the changes in a text file for lempanel.cpp. (The only change to the main panel section were the X-pointers)

BTW. I think it would be better to do pull request in the future, Ill have to learn how though.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 10:35:17 PM by jalexb88 » Logged
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2016, 04:22:11 AM »

Looks very good, there is just a strange color around the LPD window markings now.
jalexb88

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2016, 07:54:41 PM »

Update: fixed the LPD window markings, no changes to CSM bitmaps or lempanel.cpp. I feel the bitmaps are commit ready!
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2016, 01:47:10 PM »

The CSM and LM panel changes have been commited. Feels good having only a short list of unstaged changes again.
Thymo

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2016, 06:01:49 PM »

I wanted to let everyone know that I'm currently reworking all the gauges on the CSM (main panel for now) to make the digits more crisp and actually readable.
Right know I'm doing all the vertical ones first (FCs, Cryo tanks, Cabin/Suit, etc.). After that I'll move on to the circle gauges and then the ones on the other panels.
Maybe I'll even redo all the switch labels. I'll keep you posted.

Before:                                                                                                        After:

New cryo gauges:
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2016, 08:58:35 AM »

It was getting very offtopic in the Virtual AGC thread, so I post this here.

let me get back to you on that. I had to spend the night in hospital for a sleep study so i didnt have access to my computer. Ill post back after work. i did have just enough time to look at panel 121 the optics we talked about in post above. Thats going to require alot of changes. The switches are recessed do we want to try out this effect? Or would you prefer the flat version?

Yeah, there will have to be changes to a few bitmaps. Luckily none of these changes will make it into NASSP 7.0, so you have a lot of time. I think as step one the flat version with new labels is ok. In the long run a panel that looks closer to reality is always good.
RacerXx

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2016, 10:10:16 AM »

ok so "Q" it is. So above that is a blank circle for a recessed light. Do we already have the "light on" version? Or do we need one?

also in regards to the 3d looking recessed switches. Ill just make both and you or whoever can decide which one to include. Its really not that much more work im just practicing my PS skills for use with other 3d model projects im working on
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 10:15:04 AM by RacerXx » Logged
rcflyinghokie

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2016, 10:26:21 AM »

ok so "Q" it is. So above that is a blank circle for a recessed light. Do we already have the "light on" version? Or do we need one?

I actually cannot even find what is supposed to trigger the light in the AOH, some of the other guys probably have more knowledge of this.  Maybe using one of the lamps from the LM unless one is made from scrach.  Also "acquired" is spelled wrong in our current panel anyways so I am glad this is getting fixed Tongue

Another thing I would add is it looks like the Zero switch is up and center switch only not a downward switch as in your preliminary design.  I am not sure if we have one of those modeled.  Never mind just saw the actual picture looks like it is a downward switch.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 11:16:13 AM by rcflyinghokie » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: