Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 22, 2020, 05:20:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Planning (Moderators: movieman, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  Pre back-up crew insertion operations
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Pre back-up crew insertion operations  (Read 953 times)
Thymo

View Profile WWW Email
« on: September 14, 2016, 04:20:02 PM »

Are there any plans for implementing operations from before the back-up crew is inserted? I'm talking about starting with a completely cold & dark CSM.

I have been taking a look at the source for the past couple of this and from what I understand most stuff is initialized in satsystems.cpp.
As far as I can tell most of this shouldn't be too hard to implement. Some changes do have to be made such as the availability of extra consumables when bringing up the Fuel Cells from the GSE. Perhaps those can be made available through a GSE menu on the MFD.

I can start making up a list of everything that's needed, perhaps even start coding some things, I haven't extensively learned C++ yet though,  but I do understand most of what I would need by reading the source. The only programming I really read books about are C (basic stuff only), and things as python, lua and bash.

Does anyone have some documents about pre backup crew ingress/ CSM testing procedures or give me somewhere to look, nothing appears to be in the Flight Journal (obviously). NTRS perhaps (is that still up)?

I wouldn't at all consider this as 7.0 release requirement though. It might be nice for some future release. (and it functions as a little project I can do that doesn't require advanced math)
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 08:51:06 AM »

I'm talking about starting with a completely cold & dark CSM.

I'm not sure the CSM is ever completely cold and dark on the launchpad. Probably not since it is connected to the Mobile Launch in the VAB. There are always different systems tests going on. In the CSM you can do stuff like this: http://www.ibiblio.org/mscorbit/mscforum/index.php?topic=1751.0 which is done before the backup crew procedures start for launch day. I don't know about any checklists and procedures for pre backup crew ingress. The LM AOH has the prelaunch closeout check though.

I think the more fun way to use a cold & dark CSM is (will be) to fly the Apollo 13 mission. That way you don't have to spent weeks powering systems up and down.
Thymo

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 09:36:22 AM »

Alright.

I'll keep looking for some more ground testing documents.
Especially the part where the Fuel Cells are first started.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: