Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 09, 2019, 05:25:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Gemini 060615 released!
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP News & Discussion
| | |-+  Support & Bugs (Moderators: movieman, Tschachim, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  Apollo 9 LVDC crash
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Apollo 9 LVDC crash  (Read 2519 times)
Thymo

View Profile WWW Email
« on: September 16, 2016, 05:38:55 PM »

Hi all,

It appears something on my installation broke down. I wanted to try the Apollo 9 LVDC scn today but it crashes on the loading screen.
Now, I know this should work as I tested it with no issues some time ago and indy91 has also been playing around with it.

Where should I start debugging this? I checked the logs but most of them didn't log anything useful.
dseagrav
Project Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 07:57:24 PM »

Do you have VS loaded on your machine?
Thymo

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 12:33:21 AM »

As in Visual Studio? Yes, I do build The modules myself from Git.
Thymo

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 12:38:10 AM »

It appears that if I remove the USE_LVDC PLEASE flag from the scn file it successfully loads.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 04:04:10 PM by Thymo » Logged
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 01:45:49 AM »

Well, removing the flag simply deactivates the LVDC, which is of course no good. Can you post the scenario here? How far into the mission is it?
dseagrav
Project Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 05:17:03 AM »

I don't remember how to tell Windows to give it to you but what we need here is the stack backtrace when it crashes.
Thymo

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2016, 05:26:35 AM »

Well, removing the flag simply deactivates the LVDC, which is of course no good. Can you post the scenario here? How far into the mission is it?

I'm using the A9 scn from Git under Broken Scenarios/Virtual AGC

I don't remember how to tell Windows to give it to you but what we need here is the stack backtrace when it crashes.

I'll try to get one when I get back home tomorrow.
rcflyinghokie

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2016, 07:37:53 AM »

Hi all,

It appears something on my installation broke down. I wanted to try the Apollo 9 LVDC scn today but it crashes on the loading screen.
Now, I know this should work as I tested it with no issues some time ago and indy91 has also been playing around with it.

Where should I start debugging this? I checked the logs but most of them didn't log anything useful.

I have been flying many A9 missions after 8, but I just tried myself on A9 and I too am getting a CTD when I load the scn.  Not sure what broke because I was flying it after indy added the sep attitude maneuver and it worked fine then.
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2016, 07:40:42 AM »

But which scenario is crashing and when? The Apollo 9 LVDC++ Launch Scenario? Works fine for me...
rcflyinghokie

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2016, 07:45:50 AM »

But which scenario is crashing and when? The Apollo 9 LVDC++ Launch Scenario? Works fine for me...

This one, and if it helps, the orbiter screen is on "reentry.dds" when it CTD

EDIT:  Well apparently the server wont let me upload the file, it is the "Apollo 9 Virtual AGC LVDC++ - Launch" scn
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2016, 07:50:46 AM »

Well, if it's the launch scenario, then I have that scenario, too, of course. So you don't need to upload it. I'm using that scenario and it is not crashing for me. No idea how I can debug it then...
rcflyinghokie

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2016, 07:56:42 AM »

Well, if it's the launch scenario, then I have that scenario, too, of course. So you don't need to upload it. I'm using that scenario and it is not crashing for me. No idea how I can debug it then...

I figured you would have it, just would make easier to send what I have in case there is an issue I guess.  And do you have any suggestions how we could debug it and get you the data?  Because this was working fine for me a week or so ago.
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2016, 08:00:14 AM »

And do you have any suggestions how we could debug it and get you the data?  Because this was working fine for me a week or so ago.

Yes, for those using Visual Studio. Open the ProjectApollo2015.sln and let Visual Studio open. Then start the Apollo 9 scenario, wait for the crash and then after a few seconds Windows is collecting crash information or something like that. There should be a debug option then where you select the ProjectApollo2015.sln. This should send you to the part of the NASSP code (if it is a NASSP problem) where the error had occured. You don't even need to build NASSP in debug mode for this.
rcflyinghokie

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2016, 08:03:41 AM »

Yes, for those using Visual Studio. Open the ProjectApollo2015.sln and let Visual Studio open. Then start the Apollo 9 scenario, wait for the crash and then after a few seconds Windows is collecting crash information or something like that. There should be a debug option then where you select the ProjectApollo2015.sln. This should send you to the part of the NASSP code (if it is a NASSP problem) where the error had occured. You don't even need to build NASSP in debug mode for this.

Ok its up and this window is up

Unhandled exception thrown: read access violation.

this was 0xCDCDCDCD.

If there is a handler for this exception, the program may be safely continued.
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2016, 08:07:21 AM »

No idea. Thymo, are you using Visual Studio, too? Maybe you both could try and REbuild your NASSP solution and see if that changes anything? I have looked at my uncommited changes, there is nothing related to the LVDC or even anything in the Saturn class that I have changed.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: