Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2020, 04:03:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development (Moderators: movieman, Tschachim, Swatch, lassombra)
| | |-+  V8 Release Work Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Print
Author Topic: V8 Release Work Thread  (Read 24300 times)
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 27, 2018, 01:33:04 PM »

Very nice to follow the development of version 8 of NASSP! I'm still using Version 7, which is a great simulator with so many opportunities to learn all the features of Apollo Spacecraft. The question is if you ever get ready with this simulator. Thank you once again for a great simulator and space experience!  Happy

/Mikael

Haha, NASSP will never be truly finished. NASSP 8.0 is progressing quite well and we might enter the Beta stage in the next few months. Just not much activity here on the forum, it's mostly the IRC channel these days. But even after the Lunar Module is mostly done there is still a lot of work to do to support all Apollo mission properly.
mikaelanderlund

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 27, 2018, 01:51:07 PM »

Yes, that's true! NASSP will probably never be completely complete and I think it's good news. Always something new to look forward to. I have recently started using Orbiter 2016 with Alpha NASSP v8. Just using Apollo 7 right now and most of the time it works great  Thumbs Up and really fun with the improved graphics in Orbiter 2016.

/Mikael
lotisully86

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 27, 2018, 03:22:04 PM »

I cannot figure out logging into the irc channel, maybe someone can hold my hand and walk me thru it. Anyways just wanted to report Iím getting a CTD every time the MCC thread starts for LGC activation on Apollo 10. Can post a scn tomorrow if needed
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 27, 2018, 03:47:18 PM »

I cannot figure out logging into the irc channel, maybe someone can hold my hand and walk me thru it.

There are several different ways of doing this, but the easiest way is to go to https://freenode.net/ then click Chat there, choose a username and the channel #nassp and join. That should be a fairly reliable way of joining. I personally use an IRC Client called Hexchat, but that is one of the more advanced option of joining the channel.

Anyways just wanted to report Iím getting a CTD every time the MCC thread starts for LGC activation on Apollo 10. Can post a scn tomorrow if needed

Yeah, a scenario would be good. I just did some changes to the MCC that I was sure would cause new bugs, so it's quite likely that you found one.
lotisully86

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 28, 2018, 02:27:20 AM »

heres the scn., about 1 min before lgc activation uplink

* A10 Post LOI 1 0003 0001.scn (246.67 KB - downloaded 55 times.)
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 28, 2018, 04:46:04 AM »

heres the scn., about 1 min before lgc activation uplink

Turns out that having a combined clock update, CSM state vector, LM state vector and REFSMMAT uplink string was a bit too much and exceeded the 1024 character limit of the uplink_data variable.  ROTFL And that overflowing caused access violations. Should be fairly straight forward to fix. Thanks for finding this!

EDIT: Should hopefully be fixed now.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 05:04:38 AM by indy91 » Logged
mikaelanderlund

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 14, 2018, 11:45:04 AM »

I hope we soon are able to solve the problem with the oxygen flow in v8. I think it's important that we soon can get Apollo 7 and 8 functional in Orbiter 2016 so we can leave Orbiter 2010. Most user using NASSP v8 I think. Is it possible to prioritize Apollo 7 and 8 before 9-11?

Thanks  Happy
Mikael
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 14, 2018, 11:56:07 AM »

I hope we soon are able to solve the problem with the oxygen flow in v8. I think it's important that we soon can get Apollo 7 and 8 functional in Orbiter 2016 so we can leave Orbiter 2010. Most user using NASSP v8 I think. Is it possible to prioritize Apollo 7 and 8 before 9-11?

Thanks  Happy
Mikael

There isn't a real problem with the oxygen flow. The oxygen flow caused by the Direct O2 switch was actually previously wrong and is now correct. There only is a problem with the logic for the O2 FLOW light on the caution and warning system. The ECS plumbing in NASSP is not completely realistic and the CWS is basically taking its O2 flow measurement at the wrong spot. That together with the Direct O2 flow rate change is what is currently causing the O2 FLOW light when it shouldn't actually be on.

What about Apollo 7 and 8 isn't working? To be fair, I haven't flown these missions in a while, but nothing specifically should be broken about those missions in Orbiter 2016. Not that I know of.
mikaelanderlund

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 14, 2018, 12:16:24 PM »

Do not misunderstand me. Missions 7 and 8 work very well (at least for so long) it's just that feeling that the oxygen flow is 0 on the flowmeter.  Thumbs Up Mikael
mikaelanderlund

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 26, 2018, 03:11:58 AM »

Thank you for a very interesting and fun simulator! The simulator is a really difficult challenge, at least for me. I'm in Apollo 7-04 Before Phasing Maneuvering and wondering if something is wrong with the translation feature. Whatever I do, I do not get the translation to work. Are simulation scenarios of Apollo 7 broken in v 8? I also wonder if I'm expected to change my attitude in that scenarie? I need more careful instructions to understand what I am doing.  Happy

/Mikael
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 26, 2018, 05:46:45 AM »

Thank you for a very interesting and fun simulator! The simulator is a really difficult challenge, at least for me. I'm in Apollo 7-04 Before Phasing Maneuvering and wondering if something is wrong with the translation feature. Whatever I do, I do not get the translation to work. Are simulation scenarios of Apollo 7 broken in v 8? I also wonder if I'm expected to change my attitude in that scenarie? I need more careful instructions to understand what I am doing.  Happy

/Mikael

Those are the scenarios that came with NASSP 7.0 and they haven't been updated since. So they are a little bit outdated in some ways. Your specific problem was caused by two simulated relays being moved from one CSM subsystem to another. All you have to do is enable the RCS again. On panel 8 make sure the two SEQ EVENTS CONT SYS - ARM circuit breakers are closed. Then on panel 2 switch RCS CMD to On. That should do the trick and enable the normal rotation and translation modes again. And this probably will be the case in all those Apollo 7 and 8 mission scenarios. Once we get closer to the NASSP 8 release the scenarios will be replaced by new and updated ones.

For the attitude, the astronauts got a Maneuver PAD for the phasing maneuver. You access it by opening the CAPCOM Menu (press TAB) and then "Hide/Show PAD" (press 5). At the bottom of the PAD the desired attitude for the burn is shown:

183 R
297 P
002 Y

Just follow the Checklist MFD instructions to maneuver to that attitude with V49. Also note that the -X thrusters are used for the phasing burn, so you basically have to thrust backwards.
mikaelanderlund

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 27, 2018, 01:17:52 PM »

Thanks for the comprehensive answer! It was very helpful.  Happy
mikaelanderlund

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 29, 2018, 03:17:55 AM »

Hi
I have some basic questions about DAP. When I'm prompted to enable DAP V48E (according to checklist), the total weight will be specified. My question is, should I use the weight specified in the Orbiter info tab (kg) or should the weight given in 06 47 (LBS) DSKY be used? Despite conversion to LBS, it is not the same weight. The weight specified in the Orbiter info tab does not correspond to the weight in DSKY. My second question is, how do I disable DAP? I understand that DAP is enabled with V46E but how do I disable DAP without using FREE (CMC MODE)? Hope the question is understandable.  Happy

Mikael
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 03:27:22 AM by mikaelanderlund » Logged
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 29, 2018, 07:22:52 AM »

Hi
I have some basic questions about DAP. When I'm prompted to enable DAP V48E (according to checklist), the total weight will be specified. My question is, should I use the weight specified in the Orbiter info tab (kg) or should the weight given in 06 47 (LBS) DSKY be used? Despite conversion to LBS, it is not the same weight. The weight specified in the Orbiter info tab does not correspond to the weight in DSKY.

The weight in Noun 47 changes automatically during a SPS burn, but it doesn't take any other weight loss into account, like RCS firing. So occasionally you will need to update it. Maneuver PADs usually have an updated weight and the RTCC MFD also has a "DAP PAD" page, that you can use to get an updated number for the weight. And it's always going to be in pounds of course.

My second question is, how do I disable DAP? I understand that DAP is enabled with V46E but how do I disable DAP without using FREE (CMC MODE)? Hope the question is understandable.  Happy

The first digit in register 1 of Noun 46 (so just when you did the V48E) is the basic DAP configuration:

0 = DAP disabled
1 = CSM alone
2 = CSM/LM docked
3 = CSM attached to S-IVB
mikaelanderlund

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 29, 2018, 12:34:16 PM »

Thank you Indy for always comprehensive answers!  Happy

/Mikael
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: