Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 09, 2019, 03:54:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the new Meadville Space Center forums!
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP News & Discussion
| | |-+  Support & Bugs (Moderators: movieman, Tschachim, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  CSM hibernation?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: CSM hibernation?  (Read 5057 times)
eddievhfan1984

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2017, 12:28:33 AM »

So, I'm going digging, and I have a problem. It seems no matter what I comment out, the STBY light *always* turns on immediately after P06 is selected. I've commented out the C++ AGC stuff, if that's taking over the DSKY, but no results.  Bangs Head 2

On a related note, see my rant in the Discussion section about the legacy of that AGC++ code and what we should do about it...
meik84
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2017, 02:37:51 AM »

When I remember right, the PRO key had a second set of contacts, which wasn't wired to the normal DSKY input channel. When you selected P06, the CMC turned on a bit in an output channel. This signal could only reach the PSU when the PRO key was pressed.
And yes, we should get rid of the AGC++. We don't need it anymore.
Thymo

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2017, 11:56:00 AM »

So, I'm going digging, and I have a problem. It seems no matter what I comment out, the STBY light *always* turns on immediately after P06 is selected. I've commented out the C++ AGC stuff, if that's taking over the DSKY, but no results.  Bangs Head 2

On a related note, see my rant in the Discussion section about the legacy of that AGC++ code and what we should do about it...

The standby also illuminates on P06 selection in the upstream AGC. It's not done by AGC++. I'm not sure if it's supposed to do that though.

I was also wondering why all the AGC++ code was still there. I also think it can be removed or branched off in some way.
thewonderidiot

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2017, 12:13:31 AM »

I hope you don't mean standalone yaAGC/yaDSKY2 by "upstream"! It works locally for me, so hopefully it would for you too. The light doesn't come on until standby is actually entered. The standby circuitry is timed identically to the night watchman, so once P06 is selected, standby will be entered and the STBY light will be lit anywhere from 0.64 to to 1.92 seconds after PRO is depressed and held (depending on the phasing of the scaler when the button is pushed). If it comes on any sooner, it probably means it thinks PRO was being held down even though it wasn't. (And as an aside, it would be possible to do exactly that on a real AGC for an accelerated standby -- holding PRO down while starting P06.  Happy )
eddievhfan1984

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2017, 01:04:29 AM »

Well, in our case, it just lights the STBY light immediately with the shown checklist code. In addition, there's no V37 lockout, either.
Thymo

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2017, 08:21:14 AM »

I hope you don't mean standalone yaAGC/yaDSKY2 by "upstream"! It works locally for me, so hopefully it would for you too. The light doesn't come on until standby is actually entered. The standby circuitry is timed identically to the night watchman, so once P06 is selected, standby will be entered and the STBY light will be lit anywhere from 0.64 to to 1.92 seconds after PRO is depressed and held (depending on the phasing of the scaler when the button is pushed). If it comes on any sooner, it probably means it thinks PRO was being held down even though it wasn't. (And as an aside, it would be possible to do exactly that on a real AGC for an accelerated standby -- holding PRO down while starting P06.  Happy )

Yes, I meant standalone. Using Colossus237 whenever I enter P06 the STBY light turns on immediately.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: