Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 09, 2019, 05:26:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Gemini 060615 released!
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP News & Discussion
| | |-+  Support & Bugs (Moderators: movieman, Tschachim, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  RTCC MFD Documentation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RTCC MFD Documentation  (Read 768 times)
VITTGuy

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2017, 09:40:37 AM »

Hi all,

Been gone for years but I'm now getting back into NASSP.  There's many cool updates since I last picked it up, notably the RTCC MFD.  I do have a question though:  is the Feb. 2017 documentation the latest?  I'm having problems figuring out how to do my own MCC, etc.  Thanks.
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 10:01:34 AM »

That latest manual was updated for the NASSP 7.0 release. Then it was fairly up to date, but especially the Translunar MCC targeting has gotten quite a few updates since then. I am using this thread for updates: http://www.ibiblio.org/mscorbit/mscforum/index.php?topic=2854.0 Whenever I add a feature I will explain how to use it there. That only really helps if you always keep up with the thread though. This post had a few of these explanations for a normal Apollo 8/10/11 MCC calculation: http://www.ibiblio.org/mscorbit/mscforum/index.php?topic=2854.msg25848#msg25848

I am working on another update for the MCC targeting right now, once that is done I will update the manual or write a tutorial explaining the different calculation modes.
VITTGuy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 03:23:42 PM »

Thanks, indy.  I may have a few other questions as I work through this.

Just as an aside, what's the current status of the NASSP?  When I left it, the LM wasn't really working yet.  From my reading so far it seems like it's getting close.
jalexb88

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 04:29:53 PM »

Just as an aside, what's the current status of the NASSP?  When I left it, the LM wasn't really working yet.  From my reading so far it seems like it's getting close.

The LM is still quite a ways from being complete, it however has had some substantial progress on it in the past couple of years and as of now, it's very possible to land on the moon. Virtual AGC is now mostly integrated and various subsystems such as the Landing Radar and Rendezvous Radar (and many others) have been implemented so not only the landing, but a full PGNCS ascent/rendezvous is now possible. AGS has also seen some work but is still rather new in NASSP, so has some bugs to be ironed out. The next step in LM development will probably be ECS...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 04:46:54 PM by jalexb88 » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: