Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 26, 2020, 09:00:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Project Apollo - NASSP 6.4.3 released!
http://nassp.sf.net
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Programming (Moderators: movieman, dseagrav, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  Telemetry client, documentation on up/down link socket interface
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Telemetry client, documentation on up/down link socket interface  (Read 927 times)
macieksoft

RSO we are go we wanna blow!

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2018, 01:23:01 PM »

Is there any documentation on the socket interface used for downlink and uplink?
I am looking on how to send data trough uplink to AGC and other stuff, i am also looking on how to decode the data stream coming from CM.
I am thinking about writing my own telemetry client, for now its just conception, and i am looking for data.
I think i would be able to make app using sockets, i made one so it should not be a problem, but i have to know how to decode the datastream.

What i want is to make it look more like actual MCC stuff (interface that mimics MCC with various "video" channels for various data pages and so on). I am poor in C so i had to do it from scratch in VB.net.
I am also thinking about various gadgets like hardcopy function and so on... Maybe also some lights and buttons (any graphics files that could be used as buttons are welcome, those backlit buttons were nice).
And so any information on how to MCC consoles looked and worked would be nice.

Also i'd like to ask if there are any sockets for LM and LVDC already, or is it just for CM?
And also what are the ports for sending and receiving?

EDIT:
I found some data on consoles:
https://arstechnica.com/science/2012/10/apollo-flight-controller-101-every-console-explained/3/
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 01:34:04 PM by macieksoft » Logged

indy91

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 02:15:30 PM »

Also i'd like to ask if there are any sockets for LM and LVDC already, or is it just for CM?
And also what are the ports for sending and receiving?

I don't know much about the telemetry client, but this might be the relevant line in CSM and LM telemetry code for the ports:

service.sin_port = htons( 14243 ); // CM on 14242, LM on 14243

And there is no LVDC telemetry yet.

A new telemetry client would be great to have, the old one is difficult to work with, because it was created in now outdated Visual Studio versions.
macieksoft

RSO we are go we wanna blow!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 05:30:46 PM »

And are there any manuals for MCC consoles?
I am looking on how they sent data to AGC. Did they had some dedicated keypad to send DSKY commands?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: