Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2020, 02:00:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP News & Discussion
| | |-+  News & Announcements (Moderators: movieman, Tschachim, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  New beta modules 20060119 released
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: New beta modules 20060119 released  (Read 4937 times)
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« on: January 19, 2006, 11:56:12 AM »

Hi Apollo fans,

I did new beta modules today available here: http://nassp.sf.net/user/betatesting.html.

Because of the Meshland integration (look here for details: http://nassp.sf.net/user/meshland.html ) please make sure that you do a "CVS Update" of all Orbiter folders (Config, Doc, Html, Meshes, Orbitersdk, Scenarios, Sound and Textures) before you use them.

I hope the beta is working fine, have fun! Happy

Cheers
Tschachim

Coussini
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 12:44:06 PM »

YES... very nice news...

Youppi  Shocked

Have a nice day
Vincent Majerowicz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 07:09:29 PM »

Hi, my dear Apollo fans,

I really enjoyed the Project Apollo beta 20060119 very much!!! :lol: What kind of new things is working in the CSM besides the ECS (Environmental Control System)?? :lol:
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 09:02:56 PM »

A lot of the electrics, meshland, engineering cameras, and you can enable RCS by quads rather than all on or all off. Must be other things too.
Vincent Majerowicz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 11:23:36 PM »

Hi,

I have a little problem, when I hit the CSM/LV separation button, the CSM won't separate from the SIVB. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Shocked
Toadtal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2006, 12:05:14 AM »

Hey Vincent,

In order to separate the CSM from the LV you need to switch on the pyro arm button located on panel 8. there are two switches.
Vincent Majerowicz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2006, 12:44:43 AM »

Hi!

It worked!! :lol: This is the very, very cool beta release! It looks like the NASSP 7 is about ready to be released since the CSM cockpit is almost fully functional! :lol:  :lol:
Christophe
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2006, 05:45:37 AM »

Hi everybody!
Thanks for new beta released. Enjoy the new panel 325/326. It's pretty cool.
Now RCS helium valves need to be configured like the real one to work properly.  Very Happy
However I noticed some strange behaviours:
1- If you close helium valves, the RCS is disabled except yaw to the left :!:  I mean that by doing this, all axis are disabled (normal) but I still can yaw the spacecraft to the left (no other axis: yaw right pitch and roll). Nominally that shouldn't be possible. Is there something I do wrong or is it a bug?
2-
A lot of the electrics, meshland, engineering cameras, and you can enable RCS by quads rather than all on or all off. Must be other things too.

It seems that the RCS is always working independently of the rcs quad switches configuration. I tried to switch all roll quads to off to see and I still can roll the spacecraft. Perhaps I've had forgotten something?
I use a launch (Apollo 9) scenario until EPO and SIVB CSM separation (by arming Pyro batt and that feature works very well indeed Wink )
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2006, 08:37:22 AM »

Which RCS switches do you mean? The only ones currently wired up are propellant switches.
Christophe
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2006, 08:46:48 AM »

you can enable RCS by quads

I mean RCS switches on panel 8
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2006, 02:42:06 PM »

Fixed the yaw bug.

The other switches aren't implemented: that will be hard to do while continuing to support normal Orbiter use of thrusters... we'd have to disable Orbiter access to thrusters and implement our own control system instead. Which I guess we should do eventually anyway.
Vincent Majerowicz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2006, 09:32:43 PM »

Hi,

I've noticed the new problem, before splash down, the apex cover won't separate, the drogue chute, and the main chute won't open automatically, and when I hit the apex cover separation button, the apex cover won't separate, when I hit the drogue chute release button, the drogue chute won't open, and when I flip the main release switch, the main chute won't open. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Shocked
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2006, 09:54:39 PM »

SECS power, Pyro power and ELS logic/auto switches, if I remember correctly.
Christophe
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2006, 05:20:03 AM »

Quote from: movieman
Fixed the yaw bug.

The other switches aren't implemented: that will be hard to do while continuing to support normal Orbiter use of thrusters... we'd have to disable Orbiter access to thrusters and implement our own control system instead. Which I guess we should do eventually anyway.

Thanks movieman for the yaw bug fix and congratulation for all your great job! Very Happy
Sorry but I've misunderstood you about the RCS switches. I thought they were implemented.
I remember that in version 6.4.2 you could disabled roll pitch and yaw with some specific (and unrealistic I know) switches. Just a question: would it be planned to do the same feature using the RCS quad switches?
It may be very hard to do, I don't know...
Vincent Majerowicz

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2006, 12:15:54 PM »

Hi!,

Where's the SECS power, and pyro power switches located? Very Happy
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: