Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2020, 10:47:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Gemini 060615 released!
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Modeling (Moderators: movieman, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  Launch Vehicle (Visual) Enhancement - Saturn V and Saturn IB
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print
Author Topic: Launch Vehicle (Visual) Enhancement - Saturn V and Saturn IB  (Read 68310 times)
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: August 09, 2008, 04:36:15 PM »

Files are commited, thanks for your continuous efforts!  Happy

Cheers
Tschachim

FordPrefect
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #136 on: February 03, 2009, 05:14:45 PM »

I was thinking about redoing the complete (texture) mapping of our whole Satun V stack model. This way, I could apply textures to all parts and surfaces which would, besides other advantages, also enable me to finally get the different textures for the various Apollo mission being shown AT ALL. I won't touch any of the models from the SLA panels and up, since Tschachim e.g. already textured the SLA panels very nicely.
Of course, I'll work with my own files on my HD, and when I'm happy with it, Tschachim or anyone can check them if they agree for submission. Does that sound like a plan? If yes, I would start with that not too long from now.

My Project Apollo work in progress:
* New detailed Lunar Module Ascent stage with virtual cockpit (VC currently planned as eye candy only) 18 % done

My Project Apollo work to be continued:
* new Service Module SPS engine bell
* various Saturn V textures, exhaust textures
* SIM Bay for the SM

My long-term plans are to create a:
* New detailed Lunar Module descent stage (eventually models of all flown LM's)
* New F-1 engines for the S-1C stage showing the foil (batting) insulation
* New LUT and launch pad (if nobody else does it)
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: February 03, 2009, 05:17:41 PM »

Of course, I'll work with my own files on my HD, and when I'm happy with it, Tschachim or anyone can check them if they agree for submission. Does that sound like a plan? If yes, I would start with that not too long from now.

Go ahead!  Happy

movieman

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 03, 2009, 08:17:19 PM »

Sounds good.
bluespace88
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 03, 2009, 08:55:39 PM »

same to me too
bluespace88
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 02, 2009, 11:00:52 PM »

was playing around with the S1C exhaust, and was wondering how everyone would feel about making the exhaust textures static instead of gimballing.  Its just a cosmetic change, so it won't interfere with the autopilot at all, just a visual preference.
bluespace88
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 03, 2009, 12:29:14 AM »

also on the topic of the F-1 Exhaust, I played with it a bit to simulate the black plume coming from the engines as a result of the kerosene, and found a solution to the extreme angles problem that Ford had with his textures, which is use a black exhaust texture and using the streams, as seen in the first two pictures, to prevent the problem seen in the last picture.  Sorry for the crudity of the textures, but it helps give an idea. 

Also Ford, you mentioned that you had a problem of fitting the exhaust in the F-1 engine bell, but thats easily fixable with the code.

* exhaust black.PNG (548.49 KB, 1200x900 - viewed 574 times.)

* exhaust black1.PNG (148.5 KB, 1200x900 - viewed 570 times.)

* exhaust problem.PNG (227.6 KB, 1200x900 - viewed 604 times.)
NoName
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 10, 2009, 02:12:56 PM »

The exhaust looks very nice. But I think the black part is a bit too long: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/96/Skylab_launch_on_Saturn_V.jpg

Reducing it to about 1/3 of the current length would let it look like the real exhaust I think.

I recently read somewhere across the web that NASA used a special filter for their cameras which let the exhaust look dark, because of analysis reasons. I don't know about the truth content of that allegation yet, and I can't imagine that this is right. But I'll check it. Maybe somebody else here already is able to offer facts...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 02:14:49 PM by Moonwalker » Logged
bluespace88
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 12, 2009, 04:58:53 PM »

Well, its only black because I don't have any photoshop skills  Very Happy

And yeah, I'll move it up some.  Also, a few things.  Just visited KSC today, and had some pictures of the tanks on each stage, which I'll upload later when I have time (still on vacation  Happy).  I don't know if there were any differences between these and the other Saturn V's, but I'm sure they're similar.  The S1C has a yellow tank, the SII has a orange-brownish tank (probably like ours), and the SIVB has a silver tank.  The rear end of the service module is also silver.  Again, I don't know if the other rockets were the same or not, and I will upload some pictures later (the later ones being taken by the phone because the camera's battery died  Bangs Head)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: