Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2020, 08:33:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Modeling (Moderators: movieman, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  Apollo Spacecraft Components Meshing
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: Apollo Spacecraft Components Meshing  (Read 79258 times)
Swatch

jasonims
View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2006, 11:06:32 AM »

OK, if I ever get to commit this stuff, my next meshing product will be furthering the CM interior, maybe even a complete revamp with VC qualities.

I plan on seperating the current CM interior from the current CM mesh and using it as a lowres version for viewing from the outside, then making a seperate high-res interior that will be loaded when in VC mode.  Hopefully I'll get around to complete panels as well but this will require making the new textures.  First it will just be the panels, no switches and only rudimentary instruments, but it'll be something to start from.

This is a low-priority project for me, but it'll be something to work on when C++ gives me headaches.

My Project Apollo Work:
CM Visual
 -VC (~75% complete: texture work beginning again; mesh-78%; texture-70%)
Propulsion Particle Improvements (Focused on S1B right now, BETA 1.0 has been commited)
New Docking Method (~50% complete: research complete; coding partially completed, testing not underway)

Future Work:  (if it's here, it's deemed unnecessary to upcoming release)

Older Work:  (if it's here, it's fair game to whoever wants to improve)
EMS Implementation (committed: minor flaws, but groundwork is there, needs extensive testing)
EMS scrolls (committed: not refined, but usable)
SM Visual (committed: mesh-finished, texture-60%; possibly revisited in future)
J2 Texture (commited: room for improvement)
LRV (committed: mesh-finished, texture-90%; in future a ground up rebuild may be in order, but not on my plans)
orbiterfan
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2006, 04:23:19 PM »

Swatch: You may now commit your CSM work as the CVS is now working again!
Swatch

jasonims
View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2006, 04:31:26 PM »

YAY!!!  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

Spawn of Mr. Clean.... BEGONE!!!!

I'm uploaded...hope you enjoy a bug free better quality experience!

My Project Apollo Work:
CM Visual
Propulsion Particle Improvements (Focused on S1B right now, BETA 1.0 has been commited)
New Docking Method (~50% complete: research complete; coding partially completed, testing not underway)

EMS Implementation (committed: minor flaws, but groundwork is there, needs extensive testing)
LRV (committed: mesh-finished, texture-90%; in future a ground up rebuild may be in order, but not on my plans)
Zachstar

Is it Star Trek?

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2006, 04:45:52 PM »

Hey ive been trying to contact you on IM but you are never on.

Is your AIM contact correct?

-------------------------------------------
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2006, 04:35:52 AM »

Hi Swatch,

your new stuff arrived well here, thanks a lot!  Happy  Happy
Dump question: The SM has no textures at the moment (US flag etc.)?

Your VC plans sound very well, keep up your great work! Happy

Cheers
Tschachim

Swatch

jasonims
View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2006, 07:00:58 AM »

yes, the flag was overlooked at the moment because I need to create te texture, along with a new texture for the RCS panels.  I'm not to adept at creating something from scratch, so this has taken me a bit.  I'll have the flag in there soon enough, but I don't know when I'll get the panel Details up.  I also don't want to lose the panel contrast that shows up now, the real SM didn't have panels all the same color.  The problem with the previous SM texture is that it was lacking in detail and it was afull wrap that when I added it to my mesh, it didn't fit right, so it'll require new textures.

glad to hear it works for you!  How's the Animation work?

My Project Apollo Work:
CM Visual

Eddie

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2006, 09:53:03 AM »

Quote from: Swatch
CVS still down for me.   Crying or Very sad

But if you want to see something REALLY funny, detach the SM from the CM and check it out.   I corrected the mesh offsets when I animated the umbilical (yes it's done!  Very Happy ), but if you have the new SM, you can get a big kick outta it's actions.

BTW, movieman, I'm ecstatic that you did the SM class, so don't think that I'm complaining...it was just very amusing!  :lol:

Well, only a couple of things I noticed when you seperate the SM and CM, the SM starts to spins like a bullet, and then seperates at the speed of a bullet,lol Where does it get all that speed from, or how much thrust is it using to slow down so fast? Its out of sight in seconds! If during the flight of Apollo 13, it had slowed (or picked up speed) like that after sep, how would they have had time to take pics of the damaged bay?

Its confusing a bit to me, but probably something simple, as always,lol I do like the looks of the area the CM is attached to on the SM, looks great, nice detail instead of the sort of plain look it had before, not that I'm complaining about anything that is making up this project!:)

Eddie
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2006, 10:24:47 AM »

If during the flight of Apollo 13, it had slowed (or picked up speed) like that after sep, how would they have had time to take pics of the damaged bay?

Hint: the RCS on the SM fires until it runs out of fuel or the fuel cells run out of power.

Notice anything there relevent to Apollo 13 Happy ?
Eddie

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2006, 10:55:54 AM »

Hadn't thought about that movieman,lol I knew there had to be some reason this was happening that I had no understanding of! Should be fun writing up the readme file on all these technical details that most people don't know much about, thats for sure! Happy
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2006, 11:37:49 AM »

BTW, it's quite possible that it's moving too fast anyway: I think I just cut the mass and moment of inertia data from the old config file and they may well be wrong.
Eddie

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2006, 01:14:43 PM »

movieman, I wouldn't go so far as to say you have done something wrong with this, far from it! I'm just trying to understand whats going on with the relative speeds here during separation.  You guys have been working on this for so long, plus the background research you have done, is light years ahead of what I know about all the systems involved with Apollo.

I guess I base it on visual perception, not sure how else to put it. But, as you have pointed out, each part of the overall systems are programmed, or being programed, and behave pretty much as they should, or hopefully they will at least! Like say, after  TLI, you go to dock with the LEM, still attached to the SIVB. Seperation speed between the SM/CM and the SIVB is much slower, but I gather, that the RCS is working a different program at that time, as compared to just before re-entry, so it will be at a different speed as the RCS follows its specific program during different parts of the flight. Hopefully I'm beginning to understand anyway,lol

So, as you can see, I got a whole lot of studying to do yet, but I got more time then money, so it will work out!:)

Eddie
Swatch

jasonims
View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2006, 10:29:26 AM »

Enjoy a new set of Panel Meshes for the SM along with some new texturing!  Very Happy

Also, I was wondering if anyone had any comment on the replacements of Mr.Clean's Hellspawn....  Are they aligned right when they're in the capsule?  I've had them show up with their heads in the couches a couple times...has anyone else?   Also, do the eyes work for everyone?  Actually, has anyone found any problems with the new mesh offsets in general?

Also, as soon as my copy of Virtual Apollo gets here (should be today...on sale from Amazon for 15 dollars!!!) I'll be able to start on the CM interior.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for improving any of the Apollo Spacecraft parts?

My Project Apollo Work:
CM Visual

FordPrefect
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2006, 02:21:08 AM »

Quote from: Swatch
Also, as soon as my copy of Virtual Apollo gets here (should be today...on sale from Amazon for 15 dollars!!!) I'll be able to start on the CM interior.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for improving any of the Apollo Spacecraft parts?

Virtual Apollo is an awesome book, believe me. Got it a couple of months ago. The only downside is that most renderings are missing dimensions of the parts shown.

Swatch, I am not sure if you already changed it, I have no possibility to do an CVS update, but I think the window in the CM hatch in RL was round, and in NASSP it is square, so maybe you can improve that. That's the first thing I can think of.  Wink

My Project Apollo work in progress:
* New detailed Lunar Module Ascent stage with virtual cockpit (VC currently planned as eye candy only) 18 % done

My Project Apollo work to be continued:
* new Service Module SPS engine bell
* various Saturn V textures, exhaust textures
* SIM Bay for the SM

My long-term plans are to create a:
* New detailed Lunar Module descent stage (eventually models of all flown LM's)
* New F-1 engines for the S-1C stage showing the foil (batting) insulation
* New LUT and launch pad (if nobody else does it)
Swatch

jasonims
View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2006, 09:23:17 AM »

that stupid hatch...I keep forgetting to mess with it...thanks for remindingme Ford! Happy

My Project Apollo Work:
CM Visual

Swatch

jasonims
View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2006, 02:20:16 PM »

Ok, first picture to whet your whistles...I have the interior surfaces done, now it's on to detail.

My Project Apollo Work:
CM Visual

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: