Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2020, 01:44:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Modeling (Moderators: movieman, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  Apollo Spacecraft Components Meshing
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Print
Author Topic: Apollo Spacecraft Components Meshing  (Read 78208 times)
Swatch

jasonims
View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 22, 2009, 03:36:16 PM »

Attached you'll see the tetrahedron 4vertex switch.  It will of course be textured, I just put that together in about 5 min.

I'll look into 3D gages... but Zachstar has a good point... give me an order of importance for gages and switches etc.   I'm assuming the DSKY is #1 no matter what.

The more I think about it, Option 4 seems the best bet.  Just going to take some creative programming and meshing.

I still need those other textures, and certainly the systems tunnel is beyond my expertise... I might take a stab at the crew transfer tunnel.

* ProjectApollo_switchexample.JPG (73.24 KB, 1042x832 - viewed 701 times.)

My Project Apollo Work:
CM Visual
 -VC (~75% complete: texture work beginning again; mesh-78%; texture-70%)
Propulsion Particle Improvements (Focused on S1B right now, BETA 1.0 has been commited)
New Docking Method (~50% complete: research complete; coding partially completed, testing not underway)

Future Work:  (if it's here, it's deemed unnecessary to upcoming release)

Older Work:  (if it's here, it's fair game to whoever wants to improve)
EMS Implementation (committed: minor flaws, but groundwork is there, needs extensive testing)
EMS scrolls (committed: not refined, but usable)
SM Visual (committed: mesh-finished, texture-60%; possibly revisited in future)
J2 Texture (commited: room for improvement)
LRV (committed: mesh-finished, texture-90%; in future a ground up rebuild may be in order, but not on my plans)
Zachstar

Is it Star Trek?

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 22, 2009, 04:02:39 PM »

I would say DSKY and the bare minimum needed to control the vessel without activating an MFD window. In my opinion again. Though with the LM if the DX7 client is still being used by that point it will be difficult to ration the switches. when you need a good amount of them to do the landing.

DX7 is starting to become a serious limiting factor. This is a tad off topic but maybe with the time this has been in dev.. That Apollo missions after 8 be considered towards the GL client?

#1 It has GLSL shader engine. So you can do things with shaders that you used to have to do with texture tricks.
#2 It has FAR better handling of meshgroups and polys.
#3 Modern cards can actually make use of it. A 4770 is actually going to get a workout.

-------------------------------------------
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 22, 2009, 04:33:13 PM »

Attached you'll see the tetrahedron 4vertex switch.  It will of course be textured, I just put that together in about 5 min.

Yeah, stick a texture on or the right solid color and I think it will look fine.
Swatch

jasonims
View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 30, 2009, 08:16:08 PM »

Alright... since I haven't seen Moonwalker around recently, I'm going to close up the VC in its current state.   I'm mainly doing this just so I can put it out there and see what kind of performance hits everybody sees.  There's really only 1 texture missing completely.  Hopefully within a week I'll have it ready to export to Orbiter.

Then I'll start looking at making it interactive.

My Project Apollo Work:
CM Visual
 -VC (~75% complete: texture work beginning again; mesh-78%; texture-70%)
Propulsion Particle Improvements (Focused on S1B right now, BETA 1.0 has been commited)
New Docking Method (~50% complete: research complete; coding partially completed, testing not underway)

Future Work:  (if it's here, it's deemed unnecessary to upcoming release)

Older Work:  (if it's here, it's fair game to whoever wants to improve)
EMS Implementation (committed: minor flaws, but groundwork is there, needs extensive testing)
EMS scrolls (committed: not refined, but usable)
SM Visual (committed: mesh-finished, texture-60%; possibly revisited in future)
J2 Texture (commited: room for improvement)
LRV (committed: mesh-finished, texture-90%; in future a ground up rebuild may be in order, but not on my plans)
NoName
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 06, 2009, 08:59:33 AM »

Don't worry, I'm still around here Happy

Your work on the VC is just awesome!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: