Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2020, 11:10:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Project Apollo - NASSP 6.4.3 released!
http://nassp.sf.net
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Programming (Moderators: movieman, dseagrav, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  LM status...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 67 Print
Author Topic: LM status...  (Read 159539 times)
dseagrav

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2006, 06:49:31 AM »

I have electricty and parts of RCS but nothing that fires yet. I'm still putting pieces of it together. Ideally I should have something that at least has descent power and usable RCS before the weekend's out.

Does the PanelSDK as it exists now actually use up batteries, or is their output constant?

Also, I noticed that DC busses wired to NULL still get 28 volts of DC from somewhere. Is that deliberate or did I screw something up?
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 07:52:23 AM »

Yeah, batteries slowly run down over time and their voltage depends on the current draw.

The DC bus thing may be a bug or an old hack put in to provide power before we'd wired up the fuel cells. It probably just needs to check whether anything is connected and return 0V if it's not.
dseagrav

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 11:07:28 PM »

Got further, but not as far as I wanted. I have a semi-working ECA and figured out how to deal with the high/low taps on the batteries without resorting to phantom batteries or other silliness. I'm missing the descent deadface relays and the CM power connection, and all of the monitoring stuff. I got RCS to fire but I screwed the axes up and didn't accomplish anything useful. So there's progress, but not as fast as I wanted. I'm starting to get a better handle on how the LM works though, which should help things along some.

For the EPS, I will need someone to make me images of a talkback indicator that shows barberpole, grey, and grey with the letters "LO". See page 340 (PG 2.5.3.4.1) of the LM AOH Volume 1 (15-June-1970 version). This is for showing the status of batteries.
dseagrav

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 01:27:45 AM »

I'm making a commit at this point but it's still really incomplete, the LM is not airworthy. The RCS currently has four times more thrusters than it actually should, only half of the EPS is present, and some. I just want to have a "checkpoint" of sorts. Consider the entire LM checked out editing for the moment.
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 08:57:54 AM »

Hi dseagrav,

Thanks for beginning with that!  Happy  Happy
Currently the LM doesn't build for me, it looks like a file is missing or some changes are not committed:
lempanel.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "public: void __thiscall LEMValveSwitch::Init(int,int,int,int,void *,class SwitchRow &,class sat5_lmpkd *,int,class IndicatorSwitch *)" (?Init@LEMValveSwitch@@QAEXHHHHPAXAAVSwitchRow@@P
AVsat5_lmpkd@@HPAVIndicatorSwitch@@@Z)
lempanel.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "public: void __thiscall LEMBatterySwitch::Init(int,int,int,int,void *,class SwitchRow &,class sat5_lmpkd *,class LEM_ECA *,int)" (?Init@LEMBatterySwitch@@QAEXHHHHPAXAAVSwitchRow@@PAVsa
t5_lmpkd@@PAVLEM_ECA@@H@Z)
Saturn5LM_parked.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "public: virtual bool __thiscall LEMBatterySwitch::SwitchTo(int)" (?SwitchTo@LEMBatterySwitch@@UAE_NH@Z)
Saturn5LM_parked.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "public: virtual bool __thiscall LEMBatterySwitch::CheckMouseClick(int,int,int)" (?CheckMouseClick@LEMBatterySwitch@@UAE_NHHH@Z)
Saturn5LM_parked.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "public: virtual bool __thiscall LEMValveSwitch::SwitchTo(int)" (?SwitchTo@LEMValveSwitch@@UAE_NH@Z)
Saturn5LM_parked.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "public: virtual bool __thiscall LEMValveSwitch::CheckMouseClick(int,int,int)" (?CheckMouseClick@LEMValveSwitch@@UAE_NHHH@Z)
Saturn5LM_parked.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "public: __thiscall LEMValveTalkback::LEMValveTalkback(void)" (??0LEMValveTalkback@@QAE@XZ)

... and a very small point: To fly a complete mission it is necessary to deploy the landing gear. I don't know how this was done in reality, with the last panel you had to toggle a single "landing gear switch". Perhaps you could take a look at that...

Cheers
Tschachim

dseagrav

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 10:27:02 AM »

I added a file "lemswitches.cpp" and associated lemswitches.h

Make sure you add it to your VS6 project. I'm certain I added it to the commit (but let me know if it's not there)

As of late last night I got the RCSes in the proper order, but in doing so I broke Orbiter's control of them. Orbiter wants the thrusters in groups according to axis, but it's difficult to do that with the LM thrusters because they get reused. So instead of that I'm going to complete enough of the GNC subsystem to get the ACA to work, then bind the keypad keys to ACA axes. (I want to do this with the CM later as well) The keymap stays the same between Orbiter and the ACA, so nobody should notice unless they start asking. The Orbiter prograde/retrograde/etc. autopilot is worthless with the LM anyway because of the engine being in the hover axis. The only thing I can see anyone actually using would be killrot, and the GNC should do that.  The only problem with this is once the appropriate channels work to allow RCS firing from the LGC, someone has to edit the LGC++ to fire thrusters from channels rather than whatever its doing now, which would need to happen anyway to allow for processing of direct/normal fire coil usage. It could use a DAP, too.

(Is it bad if I do things like this that create more work for the AGC++ maintainer? Who is that, anyway? I'm not trying to be hostile toward it, I just want to get as close to correct as I can get.)
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 10:38:37 AM »

LazyD handles the LEM autopilot. I think he fires the RCS himself anyway, but probably by using the Orbiter controls and not manually setting the output bits from the AGC.
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 10:49:17 AM »

Hi dseagrav,
Quote from: dseagrav
I added a file "lemswitches.cpp" and associated lemswitches.h.Make sure you add it to your VS6 project. I'm certain I added it to the commit (but let me know if it's not there)

Thanks, that does the trick, project file is committed!

Is it bad if I do things like this that create more work for the AGC++ maintainer? Who is that, anyway? I'm not trying to be hostile toward it, I just want to get as close to correct as I can get.

Well, the guy you're looking for is LazyD, a forum member, too, so I suggest to contact him because of this. If he cannot fix it, I fear you should do the necessary changes in the AGC++, just because you are the only one who is able to do this. Wink Otherwise we would loose one of the best features in NASSP (in my opinion), which would be not very cool...

EDIT: Sorry movieman, you are too fast for me (once again Wink)...

Cheers
Tschachim

movieman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 10:55:51 AM »

To be honest, updating the RCS code shouldn't be terribly difficult, since the LEM RCS thrusters can easily be mapped to the roll/pitch/yaw axes. It's more time-consuming than complex, and we need to get it right so as not to screw up the autopilot.

Really we should do this anyway at some point, so we have the C++ AGC and Virtual AGC controlling the LEM with the same output channels. Adding generic RCSPitch(), RCSRoll() etc functions that fire the right thrusters would probably be the best solution.
dseagrav

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 04:30:13 PM »

Quote from: movieman
It's more time-consuming than complex, and we need to get it right so as not to screw up the autopilot.

Do you mean the Orbiter autopilot or the LGC/LGC++?
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2006, 05:43:20 PM »

The C++ AGC autopilot.
dseagrav

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2006, 05:48:21 PM »

Quote from: movieman
The C++ AGC autopilot.
Oh, OK. I don't plan to break it beyond repair. It'll just need to be changed so that it uses IO channels to fire the RCS, like it does for the CM right now.
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2006, 04:48:23 AM »

Quote from: dseagrav
It'll just need to be changed so that it uses IO channels to fire the RCS

Can you do this?

Cheers
Tschachim

dseagrav

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2006, 07:42:24 AM »

Probably.
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2006, 09:58:02 AM »

That would be really great, thanks a lot!  Happy
I apologize if I'm too annoying because of that point, but despite the fact it's perhaps easy to fix someone needs to do it and I really like the descent and ascent AGC++ autopilots and don't want to "lose" these features...

Cheers
Tschachim

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: