Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2020, 09:40:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2267 Members
Latest Member: Apollo Next
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Programming (Moderators: movieman, dseagrav, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  LM status...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 Print
Author Topic: LM status...  (Read 162898 times)
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #975 on: June 09, 2017, 03:22:18 PM »

Well to be safe, should I just add a V66 after this uplink?

That will work I guess.

For the longest time the LGC had a clock drift issues. Usually a few seconds after a few hours of coasting. I have pushed a potential fix. The LGC cycles now work the same way as the CMC cycles. Hopefully that fixes the issue.
rcflyinghokie

View Profile Email
« Reply #976 on: June 11, 2017, 05:22:40 PM »

I may have found an issue with the LM ED system.  If the stage switch is moved to fire at all, it is "armed".  In other words I can flip the switch to fire with the master arm off, safe and guard it, and then as soon as the master arm switch is flipped it will fire the stage.  Shouldnt it only fire if actually in the fire position with the master arm on?
eddievhfan1984

View Profile
« Reply #977 on: June 11, 2017, 06:26:48 PM »

Are you saying that you expect the staging switches to be disabled even after master arm is on until they are reset to SAFE, then FIRE? Because I wouldn't expect that. In the CSM, if you enabled the sequential logic and pyro arms with any of the pyro firing switches held ON, they'd fire the moment PYRO ARM was enabled.
rcflyinghokie

View Profile Email
« Reply #978 on: June 11, 2017, 06:59:39 PM »

No no the switch was safe and guarded when master arm was flipped on.  And the stage fired.  Playing with it I found if I flipped it to fire and returned it to safe with master arm off, then later flipped master arm it would fire, even though the stage fired switch was safe.
eddievhfan1984

View Profile
« Reply #979 on: June 11, 2017, 10:18:51 PM »

OH, master arm logic is just jammed. OK. Easy fix.
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #980 on: June 12, 2017, 04:51:35 AM »

This is not a bug. The Staging relay (K2) is a latching relay. It is set by the Stage Fire switch, when it has power from its ED circuit breaker (systems A and B), and it is also set by the engine electronics when the ascent engine is firing. It can be only be reset by the Stage Relay Reset switch. So this operation doesn't need the Master Arm switch to be on. The Master Arm switch switches power on from the ED Batteries to the explosive devices. So for the staging pyros to actually fire, the Master Arm switch is needed, in addition to the Staging relay being set of course. This can in theory be done in two steps: Stage Fire to fire and then to safe and then later the staging is actually done with the Master Arm switch. There is nothing that would prevent this from happening as two separate events.

However, something that isn't implemented yet is that you would get a Master Alarm, if you energize the Staging relay without actually firing the staging pyros. Because it wouldn't be the proper procedure to do this. I'll work on the logic for this alarm soon.
rcflyinghokie

View Profile Email
« Reply #981 on: June 12, 2017, 09:05:34 PM »

Here are the stats on the LM Ascent Battery usage, seems like they drain too quickly to me but I don't know.

* LM Batteries.xls (58 KB - downloaded 79 times.)
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #982 on: June 22, 2017, 06:14:48 AM »

The update I have been working on for a while now has been released! It includes:

-Implemented CDU class. The Coupling Data Units for the Rendezvous Radar shaft and trunnion angles are functional, including read counter, error counter and alternative output for the X-Pointer.
-Overhaul of the Rendezvous Radar, with corrected RR antenna direction vector, LGC is able to drive the RR and a few display changes.

With these changes the interaction between LGC and RR should be mostly functional. I have successfully moved the RR to the AOT alignment attitude, in P20 to the direction of the CSM and in P22 (Lunar Surface Navigation) to the direction where the CSM comes over the horizon.

What hasn't been implemented yet is the RR Auto Tracking. The auto tracking is used with the RR switch to Auto Track and also in LGC mode whenever the LGC sends the Auto Track Enabled bit. So proper tracking for rendezvous and lunar surface navigation will still not properly work. But I will work on that next.

The CDU implemention will be expanded to be used by IMUs and CMC optics in the future. For now it only gets used as the two RR CDUs. Once it is implemented for the IMU, then the ICDU Zero (V40 N20) can be used without the alignment being changed.
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #983 on: June 23, 2017, 08:06:14 AM »

The Rendezvous Radar now has the Auto Tracking capability!

It gets used with the RR switch set to Auto Track, or in the LGC position when the LGC sends a signal to the RR that it should take over control. A signal strength is now calculated, which gets displayed on the signal strength meter with the Temp/Monitor rotary set to AGC. Shaft and Trunnion error of the auto tracking also gets displayed on that meter. Currently the signal strength doesn't go down with range, I couldn't figure out a good calculation for this. Maybe someone who knows more about antennas and radars than me can try to figure that out some day.

I have tested the auto tracking with P20 and P22. In P22 the RR can't take advantage of the gyros, which help the RR to hold inertial attitude. These gyros haven't been implemented yet anyway. The auto tracking is just about fast enough to hold lock on the CSM during P22. I also tested a full rendezvous with P20 and the only times I lost lock was due to LM attitude maneuvers. This is where the gyros will help as well. There were no other major issues during the rendezvous, the RR perfectly updated the state vector. So the LM is now fully capable of rendezvous operations!
lotisully86

View Profile
« Reply #984 on: June 23, 2017, 11:13:06 AM »

did the recent changes maybe break something on the csm imu or fdai's? Showing zero motion on either fdai corresponding to the imu..
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #985 on: June 23, 2017, 11:41:51 AM »

did the recent changes maybe break something on the csm imu or fdai's? Showing zero motion on either fdai corresponding to the imu..

No, that seems to work fine for me. Do you have a scenario where that happens? Or if it happens in every scenario, maybe try rebuilding the Visual Studio solution, if you are using Visual Studio.
abr35
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #986 on: June 23, 2017, 12:19:26 PM »

Nice work on the auto tracking! Thumbs Up Going to try and give a landing mission a whirl from launch to splashdown before too long. And I did not experience the issue with the CSM FDAIs
lotisully86

View Profile
« Reply #987 on: June 23, 2017, 12:46:15 PM »

rebuilt solution, problem remains. lm has same problem as well. heres my scn, havent tried any other ones yet

EDIT: scn is Apollo 9 90:15:00 approx, just before p52 opt1

also agc is throwing 211 and 217 alarms on the P52

« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 12:50:14 PM by lotisully86 » Logged
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #988 on: June 23, 2017, 01:05:58 PM »

It's a bug I introduced when I implemented the RR CDUs. No commands from the AGC are currently coming through to the IMU. Easy fix, I think.

EDIT: Should be fixed now. I have not been able to make your scenario work again though. Older scenarios should work properly though. If that is not the case, please tell. Sorry for the inconvenience.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 01:15:28 PM by indy91 » Logged
lotisully86

View Profile
« Reply #989 on: June 23, 2017, 02:13:19 PM »

Been meaning to ask this for a while, is anybody else using a two stick set up for the lm? I'm not getting any throttle commands with either joystick as the ttca when in throttle mode, actually am getting rcs commands when in throttle, although if I use the slider on the Aca the thrust indicator will show a quick slight movement b4 reverting back to 20%. In my lm launchpad config file there is a TJT but has no assigned value I'm guessing it might be that, just seeing if anyone has had the same issue
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: