Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 03, 2020, 06:42:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the new Meadville Space Center forums!
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Programming (Moderators: movieman, dseagrav, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  LM status...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] Print
Author Topic: LM status...  (Read 157093 times)
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #990 on: June 23, 2017, 02:58:51 PM »

Been meaning to ask this for a while, is anybody else using a two stick set up for the lm? I'm not getting any throttle commands with either joystick as the ttca when in throttle mode, actually am getting rcs commands when in throttle, although if I use the slider on the Aca the thrust indicator will show a quick slight movement b4 reverting back to 20%. In my lm launchpad config file there is a TJT but has no assigned value I'm guessing it might be that, just seeing if anyone has had the same issue

So you are using two sticks? I haven't tried that yet. I implemented some of the LM joystick functionality (mostly throttle for the DPS), but without being able to test the two stick setup I didn't focus too much on making that work. I will take a look though. Is it properly working in the CSM for you with two joysticks? Then it might just be a case of copying some of the code over to the LM.
lotisully86

View Profile
« Reply #991 on: June 23, 2017, 03:45:22 PM »

Works fine with the csm. I'm using a sidewinder precision 2 and thrustmaster hotas 4. So with the thrustmaster z axis is the throttle lever and the rz axis is the rotator,  there is a slider but it's a rocker button. The sidewinder is pretty standard with the z axis as the rotator and slider as the throttle. Both work fine in any config in the csm. In the lm I think the main problem is with the TJT and that it's not switching from jets to throttle, because I'm only getting rcs commands no matter if the throttle is forward(jets) or back(throttle) . If I turn the left ttca switch off I'm able to use the Aca joystick slider as to give thrust commands, only problem is nassp reads the thrustmaster slider (that's the rocker) as the throttle and not the actual throttle itself (the z axis). So 2 joystick setup with thrustmaster as aca and left ttca switched off I can use give throttle commands with tha aca rocker but they will return back to about 40% once I release the rocker button. Sidewinder as the aca and left ttca off I can give throttle commands normally with the slider. In either config with the ttca switch up the throttle just sticks at 10%.

Hope that all makes sense   Bangs Head 2
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #992 on: June 24, 2017, 09:48:14 AM »

Works fine with the csm. I'm using a sidewinder precision 2 and thrustmaster hotas 4. So with the thrustmaster z axis is the throttle lever and the rz axis is the rotator,  there is a slider but it's a rocker button. The sidewinder is pretty standard with the z axis as the rotator and slider as the throttle. Both work fine in any config in the csm. In the lm I think the main problem is with the TJT and that it's not switching from jets to throttle, because I'm only getting rcs commands no matter if the throttle is forward(jets) or back(throttle) . If I turn the left ttca switch off I'm able to use the Aca joystick slider as to give thrust commands, only problem is nassp reads the thrustmaster slider (that's the rocker) as the throttle and not the actual throttle itself (the z axis). So 2 joystick setup with thrustmaster as aca and left ttca switched off I can use give throttle commands with tha aca rocker but they will return back to about 40% once I release the rocker button. Sidewinder as the aca and left ttca off I can give throttle commands normally with the slider. In either config with the ttca switch up the throttle just sticks at 10%.

Hope that all makes sense   Bangs Head 2

I did a few fixes for the joysticks in the LM. I connected my Xbox 360 controller as the ACA and my proper joystick as the TTCA and both seem to properly work now. Please let me know how it works for you now.
lotisully86

View Profile
« Reply #993 on: June 24, 2017, 09:57:35 AM »

I'm away until next weekend, will try it out first thing when I get back.
lotisully86

View Profile
« Reply #994 on: July 01, 2017, 11:35:48 PM »

Just following up did a quick test and can comfirm the ttca seems to be behaving correctly with two sticks now. Thanks!

EDIT:just a heads up, I think the slider positions are inverted, i.e.  Forward is jets and back is throttle.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 11:08:26 AM by lotisully86 » Logged
abr35
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #995 on: July 04, 2017, 09:26:59 AM »

Really puzzled by this one: perhaps I initialized the LGC wrong? Or maybe a broken pad load? I followed the LM Activation checklist for Apollo 12, omitting 1 step that seemed to involve setting a PIPA bias.  However every fresh state vector I get turns to garbage. My P30 for DOI has an HA and HP of -9372. TEPHEM is set and matches the command module. IMU is aligned and can point the AOT at a requested star. LGC clock is updated. I'm also getting a program alarm 21204 in P40 and P52 after which both program terminate. Any ideas?

* (Current state).scn (221.57 KB - downloaded 95 times.)
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #996 on: July 04, 2017, 11:09:14 AM »

Really puzzled by this one: perhaps I initialized the LGC wrong? Or maybe a broken pad load? I followed the LM Activation checklist for Apollo 12, omitting 1 step that seemed to involve setting a PIPA bias.  However every fresh state vector I get turns to garbage. My P30 for DOI has an HA and HP of -9372. TEPHEM is set and matches the command module. IMU is aligned and can point the AOT at a requested star. LGC clock is updated. I'm also getting a program alarm 21204 in P40 and P52 after which both program terminate. Any ideas?

I've tested your scenario a bit. It appears you have two LM batteries that are almost completely drained. The result is also some warning lights, DC BUS, and when you apply a heavy load like during RCS firings, then you even get a PRE AMPS light. So the issue could be intermittent power failures in the LGC. When I try your scenario I can sucessfully uplink state vectors with the RTCC MFD and go through P30. I get no program alarms in P40, but the RCS stopped working due to lack of power.

I believe your LM spent the entire translunar coast period powering it's own running systems, which isn't much, only stuff like standby heaters etc, but still enough to drain two of the batteries quite a bit. And now you get really low voltages on your DC Buses. This probably wasn't even a user error, you might have followed the checklist after TLI by the book. Maybe the checklist told you to start powering the LM from the CSM before the LM was separated from the S-IVB? That could be an issue, because technically the LM doesn't exist in Orbiter yet before it gets separated from the S-IVB.

You can try to fix this by searching for "DSC_BATTERY_A" in your scenario and give it 100% juice again, which is the value 44820000.0. Do this for both batteries A and D, those are the ones drained below 20% or so.

Independently from this I think we have some general power issues in the LM. Something draws too much power in general. You can barely fly a nominal mission with the LM without running into trouble with the batteries.
abr35
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #997 on: July 04, 2017, 11:41:59 AM »

I've tested your scenario a bit. It appears you have two LM batteries that are almost completely drained. The result is also some warning lights, DC BUS, and when you apply a heavy load like during RCS firings, then you even get a PRE AMPS light. So the issue could be intermittent power failures in the LGC. When I try your scenario I can sucessfully uplink state vectors with the RTCC MFD and go through P30. I get no program alarms in P40, but the RCS stopped working due to lack of power.

I believe your LM spent the entire translunar coast period powering it's own running systems, which isn't much, only stuff like standby heaters etc, but still enough to drain two of the batteries quite a bit. And now you get really low voltages on your DC Buses. This probably wasn't even a user error, you might have followed the checklist after TLI by the book. Maybe the checklist told you to start powering the LM from the CSM before the LM was separated from the S-IVB? That could be an issue, because technically the LM doesn't exist in Orbiter yet before it gets separated from the S-IVB.

You can try to fix this by searching for "DSC_BATTERY_A" in your scenario and give it 100% juice again, which is the value 44820000.0. Do this for both batteries A and D, those are the ones drained below 20% or so.

Independently from this I think we have some general power issues in the LM. Something draws too much power in general. You can barely fly a nominal mission with the LM without running into trouble with the batteries.

Well that did it! Thanks, perhaps it was restarting mid uplink? There must be a step omitted from the word checklists as I distinctly remember seeing "LM PWR - OFF/rset" after ejection and thinking it was a bit odd to have the breakers in but not power the LEM. So I guess I dutifully let the batteries power Intrepid the whole way out  ROTFL
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #998 on: January 05, 2018, 11:16:18 AM »

This rearranges some things in initialization to cause them to be more like the CSM, and introduces a few timesteps of delay into startup to allow busses to settle before clocking systems. This is probably not the -correct- solution, I think something is wrong with the LM's use of panelsdk. I'll dig for more later. Anyway, the LGC should survive a scenario load now. I tested for the minimum delay and found it to be 4 timesteps.

I don't expect you to remember this issue, dseagrav, but I finally found what was wrong with it. The LEM_BusFeed class has a UpdateFlow function that needs to be called at least once by the electrical system to update its voltage. And these systems were added to the electrical system (AddElectrical function) in the order that was not identical to the propagation of the voltage from the batteries to the CDR and LMP buses. Actually, it was in the exactly wrong order (Bus Feed E first, Bus Feed B last). Changing the order of these AddElectrical calls to how the batteries, DC buses, bus feeds and circuit breakers are actually chained together results in DC and AC voltage being available on timestep 1. Hopefully this doesn't have any side effects.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: