Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 14, 2020, 07:05:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Gemini 060615 released!
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Programming (Moderators: movieman, dseagrav, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  Project Apollo CVS at SourceForge is ready!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Project Apollo CVS at SourceForge is ready!  (Read 4343 times)
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« on: February 16, 2005, 04:51:46 AM »

Hi everybody,

The CVS repository at SourceForge is now ready for using. Before you begin please take a look at http://nassp.sourceforge.net , there are some instructions and remarks.

Greetings

Tschachim

chode
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 11:49:16 PM »

Excellent!

I got everything downloaded and was able to compile on my system and am testing out the .dlls now. So far,  so good.

I'm using the .NET 2003 platform and I had to do a few things to get things to build. I'll pass along that info here since it might help others to get it going.

I had to set the Linker to ignore the libci.lib library, since that is no longer included as part of the Microsoft development environment. This was under "Project Properties -> Linker -> ignore specific libraries" setting. I had to do this for each project.

In Orbiter_API.h, I had to change "#include <fstream.h>" to "#include <fstream>".  This header is part of the Orbiter SDK and it doesn't affect our project.

Lastly,  in sat5mesh.cpp and sat1bmesh.cpp, I had to move the declaration of a _VECTOR3 from inside a "case" block to before the "switch" statement to avoid getting an error.

So there was only the moving of two lines of code in the project, and tweaking a few things, to get it working in my environment.
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 06:27:29 AM »

Hi Code,

good to know that it's working with .NET 2003, too!

One question: I can't see your changes in the CVS nor edited files. If you did these changes only local they will be overwritten when you do the next "CVS Update"!
The changes in the *mesh.cpp-files are not problematic, I think. If you want to commit the project files, too, please just commit one file and I try if it's running also in VC6. If not we need perhaps 2 project files per project, one for .NET and one for VC6.

Except that you can begin with your "normal" changes, of course  Very Happy  Very Happy

Thanks and Greetings

Tschachim

chode
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 11:49:25 AM »

I didn't commit the changes yet, I'll try that today.

I don't see how these changes could possibly cause any problems,  it seems just to be a quirk of my environment that it doesn't like declarations inside "case" blocks. But, if you want to try out the modified files to be sure, by all means.
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2005, 12:16:33 PM »

Sorry, your changes in the cpp files are NO problem, of course.

I mean the project file (.dsp-file) because possibly your .NET studio does changes which a Visual Studio 6 can't read.
But this is only a theory, so just commit and we will see, in CVS nothing gets lost so we can switch back to the old version if there are any problems.

Cheers
Tschachim

chode
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2005, 02:14:13 PM »

It looks like .NET 2003 (VC++7) converted the dsp and dsw files to a whole new set of files, leaving the originals intact (I didn't have to unlock them to convert the project, so they must be un-edited). In each project folder,  there is now also a .vcproj file which looks like it performs the same function as the .dsw and .dsp files. At the top level, there are three new files, called "Project Apollo.sln","Project Apollo.suo", and "Project Apollo.ncb". So to me, it looks like the "project management" files can coexist peacefully, with VC++6 environments using the .dsw and .dsp files, and .NET using .vcproj, .sln, .suo, and .ncb files.

However, if I make certain changes in the project, like adding new source files, for example, those changes will only be registered in the .NET management files, and not in the VC++6 files. This might cause a little trouble in trying to keep the two environments synched. So, I'm not sure what the best course is: should the .NET project files be part of the project package, or should I keep them out and just update them as changes occur in the project, or should I just use VC++6.
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2005, 03:05:11 PM »

Ah, I understand now  Happy
I thinks it will be difficult respectively annoying to keep the two environments synched and I don't know what the others use. I use VC6 but I think it would be no problem for me to use VS .NET 2003 (I don't like VC6 very much, in "real life" I use normally the Eclipse IDE, but for Java development, it's really cool!). I'll start a poll regarding the IDE's so we will see.
I assume most of the other developer use VC6 so it's perhaps more simple to keep the new .NET project files out meanwhile (or use VC6 if you have it). If you have no VC6 and you have to do project file changes you can mail me your changes and I change the VC6 projects for the others, no problem.

Let's see what the others think...

Cheers
Tschachim

robertsconley65
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2005, 04:16:25 PM »

I looked at the dsp file in noteback and it looks easy to edit with notepad to include any new files provided it is limited to just adding header and cpp files.

Looks like MS stupidly took out the ability to export the current project to a makefile which would have been one way of transferring settings.

Rob Conley
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2005, 05:33:16 PM »

Quote from: robertsconley
Looks like MS stupidly took out the ability to export the current project to a makefile which would have been one way of transferring settings.

Yes, your are right. I wonder if it's possible to use the GNU compiler. I use Eclipse CDK with the gcc when I work with the Virtual AGC and it's much more convenient (and has a CVS integration and other nice features).

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: