Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 26, 2020, 03:36:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Project Apollo - NASSP 6.4.3 released!
http://nassp.sf.net
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Programming (Moderators: movieman, dseagrav, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  Panel SDK
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Panel SDK  (Read 1314 times)
movieman

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2006, 07:24:48 AM »

I was thinking last night that it would make sense to have two seperate PanelSDKs in the Saturn (and the LEM for that matter), one for the SM and one for the CM. At the moment when we seperate the CM from the SM we're still dragging the fuel cells and other SM PanelSDK components along with us even though we no longer care about them: if we had two PanelSDKs we could have another class that simulates the interface between the CM and SM and just 'cut' that so they no longer talk to each other.

Also we could transfer the state of the SM PanelSDK to the SM vessel when it's created, so that would still have fuel cell simulation to run the RCS and other systems until they run out of fuel.

Probably not something for the immediate future, but it's worth looking at for 7.1.
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 09:39:08 AM »

I mean to remember that the PanelSDK as a kind of "stage handling", so you can bundle components and can deactivate (or activate) them together, but I'm not sure if this is really fully implemented.

Cheers
Tschachim

movieman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 12:28:33 PM »

There is a 'max_stage' variable in the ship objects, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I think having a seperate Panel SDK for CM and SM is probably simpler than getting all that to work, plus we can have different SM config files for the Panel SDK (e.g. Skylab SM with two fuel cells, AAP SM with batteries) without needing to duplicate the CM config in each one.
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 03:36:47 AM »

Yeah, separate PanelSDKs sound better, but it looks like one has to be careful to "synchronize" the timestop handling and the UpdateFlow and Refresh calls of the two PanelSDKs correctly...

Cheers
Tschachim

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: