Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2017, 03:50:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Project Apollo - NASSP 6.4.3 released!
http://nassp.sf.net
24443 Posts in 2077 Topics by 2260 Members
Latest Member: lricca
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Meadville Space Center
| |-+  Rob Conley's Blog
| | |-+  02-19-2005
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 02-19-2005  (Read 28371 times)
robertsconley65
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: February 19, 2005, 02:37:28 PM »

I decided to try to keep a diary on my thoughts and programming for orbiter. So i hope you enjoy this and learn something.

I am busy with my 10 month son, Gregory, which has cut into my  time for hobbies. Luckily for you orbiter fans this mean that I have given up trying to go to do any live-action stuff for the forseeable future. (http://www.greyhorn.org)

When we got new flooring put in the downstairs of my house I rearranged my office area so that my son's play pen is right next to me so it makes it a little easier to deal with him and still get stuff done. I do a couple of hours of custom programming for local business in addition to my regular job.

For orbiter, I am working on laying the groundwork for gemini 5. I am trying to streamline the panel code. Gemini probably has twice the instruments and switches of mercury and the giant switch statements have to go. Instead I will be making instrument objects and using linked lists to mange them. In addition I created multi_stage6.h that uses the new VESSEL2 callbacks.

I am almost done with the V2/Bumper which is designed to be a programming tutorial as well as a add-on.

I am also working on sputnik's tiny gemini LEM and using that as a testbed for the new panel object as well as experimenting with various gemini instruments.

Rob Conley
Lenny1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 08:56:00 PM »

Since the game is called Orbiter, why not make a new space shuttle. I know there ia a very poor version of this on the site, but how about a full size version with all the rtimming for the X-33 Verture Star. Attached are some drawings of the X-33.  One has it launched for a drop from a 747.  Since you did the X-15 and X-15 Delta, this is just like that.  Then you could launch it with launch complex and go to the ISS.  Rockwell, McDonnell-Douglas and Lockheed did proposals so you could have all three ships for each

Senerio 1.  Practice Drop from a 747 over Edwards. No power, just a drop like they did the Enterprise in the1970's  At 10,000 km, drop unpowered to the long runway at Edwards.  All you would need is the release screen to detach and the "G" key for landing gear

Senerio 2. Launch from a special pad at Kennedy or even better Vandenburg AFB to meet with The ISS.  It could enter orbit and on the first orbit launch a Telecomunications satelite. Then on orbit #2 dock with the ISS.  Launch can be Manual with the"P" key to start countdown or start it automatically at T-5 minutes. 

Senerio 2. Launch from a special pad at Kennedy or even better Vandenburg AFB to meet with The Space Shuttle Atlantis for a rescue mission.  It could enter orbit and on orbit #2 dock with the Atlantis, rescue the crew and return to Edwards or Kennedy.  Launch can be Manual with the"P" key to start countdown or start it automatically at T-5 minutes.

I have are some photos.  Send me an e-mail and I will send them to you

Think about it

Lenny
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: