Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 05, 2019, 06:24:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Project Apollo - NASSP 6.4.3 released!
http://nassp.sf.net
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP News & Discussion
| | |-+  Support & Bugs (Moderators: movieman, Tschachim, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  Bug reports
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Bug reports  (Read 17367 times)
NLS le pingouin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 04:29:42 AM »

No problem. I was looking for the source code of project Apollo. As soon as I really understand the structure of all that I will try to help. I was trying to implement this : http://www.ibiblio.org/mscorbit/mscforum/index.php?topic=2333.0
But I don't understand in wich file I could do that. For the moment I am workless, so one day I will take the time to do that.
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2010, 01:54:56 AM »

There's a caution and warning base class which is probably where you'd want to start looking; I think we model the two power supplies but I don't know whether either of them can fail.
eddievhfan1984

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2010, 11:05:51 PM »

I don't know whether this qualifies as a bug, but here are two things that confuse me.

1. I'v been experimenting with the P34 and P35 programs in Apollo 7 (rendezvous transfer initiate and midcourse correction/braking respectively). I get P34 to work just fine, but when I run P35, the AGC freezes, with the COMP ACTY light constantly lit, and it won't accept a P00 command or anything. The computer just kept running for an hour before I said f*** it and pulled the CMC breakers in frustration. What's up with that?

2. While performing SPS burns, I've found that the engine is gimbaling under CMC control when it is apparently unnecessary. I have my dV CG switch set correctly and my DAP in proper configuration, but it still happens. Anyone know why?

Thanks for the assist.
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2010, 09:10:23 AM »

I think the BUS CONT circuit breaker, that are attached to the FC REACS VALVES switch don't works.

I fixed all that, I did the FC pump and purge cb's on panel 226, too, the schematics are attached for reference. The scenario format changed because of the loading/saving bug.

2. While performing SPS burns, I've found that the engine is gimbaling under CMC control when it is apparently unnecessary.

Could you elaborate and/or attach a scenario? Why do you think the thrust vector control is unnecessary?

Cheers
Tschachim

* FCBus.jpg (104.26 KB, 900x671 - viewed 493 times.)

* FuelCell.jpg (150.01 KB, 1200x717 - viewed 498 times.)

meik84
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2010, 04:09:01 PM »

1. I'v been experimenting with the P34 and P35 programs in Apollo 7 (rendezvous transfer initiate and midcourse correction/braking respectively). I get P34 to work just fine, but when I run P35, the AGC freezes, with the COMP ACTY light constantly lit, and it won't accept a P00 command or anything. The computer just kept running for an hour before I said f*** it and pulled the CMC breakers in frustration. What's up with that?
Set EMEM 2022 to 21450 an try again. This sets ATIGINC to 90 sec. ATIGINC is the time "from now on" (to be precisely from start of P35) till execution of the MCC. When it is set to 0, the AGC will think you want to do it now and will never stop calculating. Oh, and don't forget: you've got to run P34 first, otherwise P35 will have no time of intercept and do garbage. Are you "just playing around" or really doing a rendezvous? I haven't come this far by now, as we can't calculate the CCR and CSI burns yet. Sad
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 04:17:50 PM by meik84 » Logged
eddievhfan1984

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2010, 11:10:56 PM »

Could you elaborate and/or attach a scenario? Why do you think the thrust vector control is unnecessary?

Cheers
Tschachim

What I'm saying is that when the burn program starts and the SPS gimbal check is done, it does not come back to a neutral position, and the effect of gimbaling just causes the burn to be performed incorrectly. I think it was just random action on the part of the CMC, as I redid the operation, and had no issues.

Set EMEM 2022 to 21450 an try again. This sets ATIGINC to 90 sec. ATIGINC is the time "from now on" (to be precisely from start of P35) till execution of the MCC. When it is set to 0, the AGC will think you want to do it now and will never stop calculating. Oh, and don't forget: you've got to run P34 first, otherwise P35 will have no time of intercept and do garbage. Are you "just playing around" or really doing a rendezvous? I haven't come this far by now, as we can't calculate the CCR and CSI burns yet. Sad

I was actually trying to do the SIVB rendevous in Apollo 7. I did do the P34 first. However, I haven't tried messing with the CMC RAM (EMEM) registers. As for the P32-P33 programs, I didn't use those either.  Wink I was working off the checklist-provided burns.

Puma

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2016, 02:00:10 PM »

I want to report the following bugs:
=====================

I have tested your latest build: NASSP-V7.0-Beta-master-302.zip and I have encounter the following problems.
First the Saturn V inclination on launch pad is wrong, then the rocket crashes into the ground, I have tried with most of the modules on tab off and I have tested also with other Orbiter ad-dons and everything is fine, so it makes me think is an NASSP issue. the second bug is related to the Apollo checklist.mfd, back in the days in older releases once you press a button or do anything according to the checklist, the yellow market used to disappear, now it never does it, so you have to press pro manually, it is not so important most of the times, but you need to understand that with a 2d panel some buttons do not look to be pressed or not. any way I attached some pictures, I hope you find the solution. Thanks!. 

* Saturn V incl.jpg (432.82 KB, 1360x768 - viewed 190 times.)

* Saturn V crash.jpg (387.02 KB, 1360x768 - viewed 216 times.)

* apollo checklist bug.jpg (772.32 KB, 1360x768 - viewed 216 times.)
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2016, 02:10:12 PM »

That poor Saturn IB crashing looks hilarious!

The Beta version you downloaded is not Orbiter 2016 compatible. The (hopefully soon) to be released NASSP 7.0 version will be for Orbiter 2010. There is a version for Orbiter 2016 already, but it needs a lot more work: https://github.com/dseagrav/NASSP/releases/download/NASSP-V7.0-Beta-Orbiter2015-225/NASSP-V7.0-Beta-Orbiter2015-225.zip

I rarely but occasionally have the Checklist MFD not reacting to buttons or switches being used. Not sure how that would be related to the wrong Orbiter version, so maybe there actually is a problem here. I'll look into it.
Puma

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2016, 02:28:11 PM »

Thanks, yes I do really tried on orbiter 2016, but any way. regarding the Apollo checklist.mfd bug I could load a little video for showing the bug it if you need it, by the way I tried the version you suggested and have the same results.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 04:10:41 PM by Puma » Logged
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2016, 06:38:20 AM »

Are you sure the Checklist MFD is set to AUTO - ON? And the only problem I really had were the DSKY keys. If you press these keys for too short a time, then the Checklist MFD didn't register it as a key press.
Puma

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2016, 10:25:03 AM »

You are absolutely right! it need to be in auto mode, but for me it was kind of weird since auto mode was miss interpreted by me as automatic checklist execution, LOL, but fortunately it is not, by the way I find to be more realistic if I set the Orbiter time to : 0.1X since there are a lot of buttons to press and must of the time at launch I am behind schedule still pressing buttons, LOL, Do you know when Apollo 11 mission will be available? Thank you very much! Thumbs Up
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2016, 10:41:38 AM »

You are absolutely right! it need to be in auto mode, but for me it was kind of weird since auto mode was miss interpreted by me as automatic checklist execution, LOL, but fortunately it is not,

Yes, there is something a little bit confusing about this. If you start Orbiter and go to Extras -> Vessel configuration -> Project Apollo configuration -> Virtual AGC Mode then you will indeed find a "Enable automatic checklist execution" option. This option however is a fully automatic mode, which automatically flips every switch for you, if all you want is a demonstration. The "AUTO" mode, which you can enable in the MFD itself with Orbiter already running, just means that it is automatically processing your input. This can be confusing of course. In the Vessel configuration I would suggest using the "Slow automatic checklist execution", if it isn't already enabled.

by the way I find to be more realistic if I set the Orbiter time to : 0.1X since there are a lot of buttons to press and must of the time at launch I am behind schedule still pressing buttons, LOL,

With some practice you will be easily able to do it in time. That happens when you use the T-4 hours launch scenario, right? The Checklist MFD with the flashing marker is already a great help with that, it really reduces the time you have to spend searching for the right button.

Do you know when Apollo 11 mission will be available? Thank you very much! Thumbs Up

Well, there is an Apollo 11 scenario! You will find it under: "\Scenarios\Project Apollo - NASSP\Broken Scenarios\Virtual AGC\Apollo 11 - LVDC++ Launch.scn" NASSP 7.0 is only for Orbiter 2010 and will only fully support the Apollo 7 and 8 missions. What that means is that the Lunar Module is far from finished and a lot of procedures and maneuvers haven't been fully worked out yet. So you are mostly on your own trying that scenario. It's a fully configured LVDC++ scenario at least, so you don't have to use LTMFD or anything like that for TLI. It's all in the launch scenario already and TLi will happen automatically. I would suggest trying an Apollo 8 TLI with the Checklist MFD as your helper before you move on to Apollo 11.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: