Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2020, 02:14:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2267 Members
Latest Member: Apollo Next
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP News & Discussion
| | |-+  Support & Bugs (Moderators: movieman, Tschachim, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  CVS Update question.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CVS Update question.  (Read 1209 times)
bart

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2006, 10:53:43 AM »

Hi all,

I've just done my daily CVS update and there's a load of changes in the Meshes file, and lots of things like "cvs update: ProjectApollo/nSaturn1_Crew.msh is no longer in the repository"

Has anyone been clearing out and updating the CVS files today or is this a possible problem?
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 11:28:45 AM »

Not me, but I think a bunch of meshes aren't needed anymore. There used to be Saturn 1 versions of things like the crew and LES whereas we've gone over to generic meshes now.

The CVS history should tell you who changed what and when.
BigDAS

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 05:17:17 PM »

Is there any point to keeping the /Obsolete Meshes/, or can we safely delete them?

BigDAS

"We should, in my judgement, put a man on Mars by the end of this century"
Vice President Spiro T. Agnew - July 16, 1969
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 06:29:11 PM »

Might as well keep them for the moment until we're absolutely sure we don't need them. I think you can get deleted files back from CVS but I'm not 100% sure of that.
Swatch

jasonims
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 01:31:29 PM »

Yea, I went through and organized the Meshes folder a bit (posted that I had in the Modelling forum Happy ).  I want them to stay in the repository for now, because I still use things such as materials from them.  Also, we might need lo-res sometime in the future.  This makes it easy to prepare for release though because you just don't release that folder, and your necessary meshes are all where they need to be without cleaning out old ones.

~Swatch

PS. I sorta did some orginization in the Modelling forum as well.  I stickied some threads that were all-encompassing for different families of meshes (IE, Launch Vehicle, Scenery, Spacecraft, etc.)  I might go through and do some more cleaning and organizing there to place attention on things needed to be done and take away from old threads.

My Project Apollo Work:
CM Visual
 -VC (~75% complete: texture work beginning again; mesh-78%; texture-70%)
Propulsion Particle Improvements (Focused on S1B right now, BETA 1.0 has been commited)
New Docking Method (~50% complete: research complete; coding partially completed, testing not underway)

Future Work:  (if it's here, it's deemed unnecessary to upcoming release)

Older Work:  (if it's here, it's fair game to whoever wants to improve)
EMS Implementation (committed: minor flaws, but groundwork is there, needs extensive testing)
EMS scrolls (committed: not refined, but usable)
SM Visual (committed: mesh-finished, texture-60%; possibly revisited in future)
J2 Texture (commited: room for improvement)
LRV (committed: mesh-finished, texture-90%; in future a ground up rebuild may be in order, but not on my plans)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: