Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2020, 06:03:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the new Meadville Space Center forums!
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP News & Discussion
| | |-+  Support & Bugs (Moderators: movieman, Tschachim, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  $#%^&$% Gimbal Lock
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: $#%^&$% Gimbal Lock  (Read 3844 times)
almostfm

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2006, 11:17:44 PM »

I'd like to suggest another section of documentation that is severly lacking. 

(snip)

The Scope:  An overview of the systems and their basic requirements during a mission.  If you want a good template for what I'm talking about check out Rob Conley's Mercury Familiarization Guide.  Something like this for Apollo would be EXTREMELY helpful in learning the ropes.  Most don't need a highly technical explenation of the systems, just a conceptual understanding.  Personally I feel that Conley's Familiarization Guide is just about the best add-on doc I've ever come across in the Orbiter-verse.

I just downloaded it, and you're right--that is a great doc, and I think it's something I could do.  Just to make it easier to follow, I'll probably end up doing two of them: One for the CSM, and one for the LM.

Thanks for the idea! (and thanks to Christophe for the OK).
Swatch

jasonims
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2006, 07:40:02 AM »

I'd actually do one for the CSM, one for the LM and a smaller reference version for the Apollo Guidence computer to handle the basic concepts of the Guidence computer.  (Verb/Noun structure, etc)

My Project Apollo Work:
CM Visual
 -VC (~75% complete: texture work beginning again; mesh-78%; texture-70%)
Propulsion Particle Improvements (Focused on S1B right now, BETA 1.0 has been commited)
New Docking Method (~50% complete: research complete; coding partially completed, testing not underway)

Future Work:  (if it's here, it's deemed unnecessary to upcoming release)

Older Work:  (if it's here, it's fair game to whoever wants to improve)
EMS Implementation (committed: minor flaws, but groundwork is there, needs extensive testing)
EMS scrolls (committed: not refined, but usable)
SM Visual (committed: mesh-finished, texture-60%; possibly revisited in future)
J2 Texture (commited: room for improvement)
LRV (committed: mesh-finished, texture-90%; in future a ground up rebuild may be in order, but not on my plans)
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2006, 05:55:10 AM »

I added Christophes comments about the FDAI to the Standard Mode Checklist: http://nassp.sf.net/user/checklist-standard.html#fdai

I think we need more explanations for the various system components like this. Almostfm, it would be great if you can help us with the docs a little bit! Happy

Cheers
Tschachim

Christophe
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2006, 05:55:27 AM »

I added Christophes comments about the FDAI to the Standard Mode Checklist: http://nassp.sf.net/user/checklist-standard.html#fdai

Just wanted to mention two errors I made in this comment:
1- ORDEAL means : "Orbit Rate Display Earth And Lunar" or " Orbit Rate Drive Electronics for Apollo and LM" . Yes I found the 2 definitions in doc.
2- Mode preferred (option 1) in P52/54 is not activated by prethrust programs (P30's) but by Thrust programs (P40's). I discovered that by testing it for the GNC checklist.
That means that if you run P54, for example, just after having completed a P30 you won't see the option 1. But if you just activate the P40 (by simply keying V37E40E) and go back to the P54, then you will see the option 1 automatically suggested by the AGC.
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2006, 02:17:31 PM »

Thanks, I changed the checklist according to that.

The usual advertisement: Happy
The web site (and so standard mode checklist) is in CVS, too, so all developers can download and change all files like source code, the name of the CVS module is "website". So I would like to invite all developers to help and improve the checklists, especially the texts and explanations.

Cheers
Tschachim

Christophe
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2006, 04:02:06 PM »

Oh, I didn't know that.
Thanks for the information.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: