Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 12:43:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Project Apollo Beta 7.0 released!
http://nassp.sf.net/wiki/Installation
20285 Posts in 1962 Topics by 2250 Members
Latest Member: apollo17
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Programming (Moderators: movieman, dseagrav, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  CSM Panel Status Report
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 52 Print
Author Topic: CSM Panel Status Report  (Read 103674 times)
Moonwalker
Project Team Member

Panel Graphics Designer

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2006, 12:23:18 AM »

The progress of implementing all switches, thumbs and rotaries on the left & right hand side panels has stoped now, because it has reached the 100% line Very Happy ALL switches and other clickables on the left & right panels are working now. It's great to see and hear all the things working. So, take a cup of coffee (or whatever Wink ), sit down, do a CVS update, install the latest dll's and enjoy the panels Very Happy 

There is only one thumbwheel left on the lower guidance panel because we need a thumbwheel class which can be turned continuously. I'll do the rest of the missing switches of the csm main panel on friday.

Tell me if everything is alright of the left & right panels...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 02:45:48 PM by Tschachim » Logged

dseagrav

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 06:45:41 AM »

After a CVS update and recompile, the Apollo stack doesn't load anymore. The scenario loads, but the ship isn't there. Did you conflict with the file cleanup mentioned in the planning forum? (Or forget to commit something?)
Christophe
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 06:50:21 AM »

Same thing for me Sad
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 07:24:13 AM »

Yes (and the "flying crawler" probably, too), now you need to build new modules or you have to wait until next beta modules release. I'll try to hurry and do new modules the next days!

Cheers
Tschachim

Coussini
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 07:28:15 AM »

Quote from: Tschachim
Yes (and the "flying crawler" probably, too), now you need to build new modules or you have to wait until next beta modules release. I'll try to hurry and do new modules the next days!

Cheers
Tschachim

Good news Wink

Have a nice day
Moonwalker
Project Team Member

Panel Graphics Designer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006, 09:13:56 PM »

Today I started adding the rest of the missing switches and rotaries of the csm main panel. Not much done yet but the EMS function selector and the GTA switch and it's cover work now. I don't know exactly how the GTA switch cover works but at the moment you can add or remove the cover by clicking on it like on the switch guards Wink

More progress will follow at the weekend...

And thanks a lot for implementing the docking probe and its switch Tschachim Very Happy Things become better and better Happy

movieman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 11:22:50 PM »

If you did a CVS update of everything, recompiled all the modules, and started a new scenario from the ProjectApollo directory, then it should work fine. Certainly it does here.
Moonwalker
Project Team Member

Panel Graphics Designer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2006, 03:07:35 PM »

I finished my work on the CSM main instrument panel number 1 (left hand side) just some minutes ago. I did everything which is possible to do for me. So i've set up the missing switches. Now all switches on panel 1 should work like the document says ^^

It would be too much to list what's set up now Very Happy So I'll list the still missing things of panel 1 (from top to bottom) Wink :

EMS panel:
- VELOCITY display
- 0.5G and SPS THRUST lights (bitmaps already available via CVS)
- deltaV/EMS SET thumbwheels
- deltaV/RANGE display

I know it all depends on the function selector and the other two switches.

Pushbuttons (didn't figure out the corresponding code):
- DIRECT ULLAGE
- THRUST ON
- GDC ALLIGN

ATTITUDE SET panel:
- ROLL, PITCH and YAW displays and thumbwheels

LV TANK PRESS indicator:
- all indications
- SPS GIMBAL PITCH and YAW thumbwheels

That's it Happy All other stuff should work "so far". In my point of view the CSM main panel still isn't prepared for a release version becaue of some important missing indications like LV PRESS indicators and SPS/RCS tank indicators. The useres won't have any indication about remaining RCS/SPS fuel and pressure Confused  

I'll continue with panel 2 tomorrow. Not much to do. It should be comlpetely usable tomorrow but without the RCS/SPS gauges Wink

movieman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2006, 03:36:41 PM »

I've made the voltage and current meters work, but they're currently hard-wired to Main Bus A and AC Bus 1. When you add the rotary switches it should be easy to connect them to the correct places.

They really need some damping added though, so they don't jump around instantly as you turn things on and off.
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2006, 04:29:12 PM »

You can do them as MeterSwitch subclasses as all the others gauges and meters, it does exactly that damping.  Happy

Cheers
Tschachim

movieman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2006, 04:40:43 PM »

Ok, I just checked in a quick hack to damp them a bit, you might want to revise it at some point to use the proper class...
Moonwalker
Project Team Member

Panel Graphics Designer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2006, 05:48:21 PM »

GREAT news Very Happy I'll add the rotaries and other switches for the electrics on panel 3 tomorrow too ^^

movieman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2006, 06:01:19 PM »

BTW, you now also lose fuel cell power when you seperate from the SM: which is a bit tricky as there's currently no way to connect up the landing batteries to the bus Happy.
Moonwalker
Project Team Member

Panel Graphics Designer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2006, 07:35:52 PM »

Then we're going to die after SM separation :lol:

Christophe
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2006, 08:51:18 PM »

Thanks a lot to all of you developpers for your fantastic job. It's cool to see that NASSP is on the way again Very Happy
I would just point out some others switches still missing and some stranges behaviours:
- PANEL 1:
 SC CONT, CMC MODE, SPS GMBL MOTORS and most of switches on this row are not working (.05G switch too...)
- PANEL 2:
  - I don't understand the new function of CSM/LM SEP. CSM SEP 2 has to leave docking probe in place, hasn't it? Otherwise redocking is not possible. May be I'm wrong and do something not correct... yet I'm glad to see the EXT/RETR switch but there's something I don't understand.
  - RCS is not working when SM RCS He switches are on the OPEN position (with tb gray). I think it's unrealistic. AFAIK Helium builds pressure inside the system and valves have to be open for the RCS working properly. In fact in nominal function, we usually do not see any "barber pole" which indicate an abnormal system status.
- PANEL 8: Since we now have 100% realistic panel, there's is no way to disabled part of the RCS (just the roll for example). On PNL 8 we have RCS QUADS switches clickable now; are they expected to be working in the future?
You can think this request is a bit strange and useless but for example when you want to fly R180 P0 Y0 it's very easy to use default orbiter PG attitude mode and disabling the Roll to keeep the spacecraft headsdown instead of the 90 bank as orbiter does.

Thanks again for the time you give to all of us.
Cheers,
Christophe
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 52 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: