Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 14, 2020, 06:18:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Programming (Moderators: movieman, dseagrav, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  Checklist MFD
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] Print
Author Topic: Checklist MFD  (Read 99819 times)
Swatch

jasonims
View Profile
« Reply #315 on: September 27, 2009, 06:15:54 PM »

very cool patterson... keep up the great work!

My Project Apollo Work:
CM Visual
 -VC (~75% complete: texture work beginning again; mesh-78%; texture-70%)
Propulsion Particle Improvements (Focused on S1B right now, BETA 1.0 has been commited)
New Docking Method (~50% complete: research complete; coding partially completed, testing not underway)

Future Work:  (if it's here, it's deemed unnecessary to upcoming release)

Older Work:  (if it's here, it's fair game to whoever wants to improve)
EMS Implementation (committed: minor flaws, but groundwork is there, needs extensive testing)
EMS scrolls (committed: not refined, but usable)
SM Visual (committed: mesh-finished, texture-60%; possibly revisited in future)
J2 Texture (commited: room for improvement)
LRV (committed: mesh-finished, texture-90%; in future a ground up rebuild may be in order, but not on my plans)
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #316 on: September 29, 2009, 09:17:12 AM »

Your "C&WS Status Check" at the very beginning of the Backup Crew Prelaunch Checklist is missing a few steps (see CVS version of the excel). I'm still working on the EMS/ASCP/SPS trim "special cases" and didn't change the checklists in CVS yet, I assume you're still working on the remaining parts and going to post a "final" version here?

Cheers
Tschachim

Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #317 on: December 17, 2009, 12:56:09 PM »

I committed new default checklists (Doc\Project Apollo - NASSP\Checklists\CSM Default Checklists.xls) and a lot of related bugfixes and small enhancements. I'll post the details here soon, important points are:

- The (default) prelaunch and launch checklists should be complete now

- Nested checklists are possible now

- The VAGC Apollo 7 Launch scenario starts one hour earlier at T-4h to have more time for the prelaunch checks

Please do a CVS Update only when you can compile the modules by yourself, the new checklist xls format doesn't work with the latest beta.

I'll test all that a little bit more the next days and going to do new beta modules around the Holidays. Comments and bug reports are welcome, of course.

Cheers
Tschachim

Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #318 on: December 22, 2009, 01:58:12 PM »

Because of multiple request I did new beta modules: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/nassp/ProjectApollo_Beta_20091222.zip?download

They are quite untested and probably rather buggy, so I did no "official announcement", also I won't do a CVS snapshot for them. After some more testing, I'll do new modules and a CVS snapshot the next days/weeks.

Merry Christmas!
Tschachim

Coussini
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 23, 2009, 03:03:14 PM »

Thanks for the new beta.

Merry Christmas Too
 Thumbs Up

Have a nice day
mikaelanderlund

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 25, 2009, 04:55:23 AM »

Thanks  Thumbs Up  Excited!

Mikael
Puma

View Profile Email
« Reply #321 on: December 26, 2009, 10:22:35 AM »

Are the other apollo mission procedures like :TLI, LOI,LOC, first midcourse correction...etc.. to be included in the future for the next project apollo checklist mfd?
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #322 on: December 29, 2009, 08:11:53 AM »

Yes, in future. Currently we're working towards an "Apollo 7 only" release, so these manoeuvers don't have priority yet.

Cheers
Tschachim

Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #323 on: January 07, 2010, 05:05:07 PM »

As mentioned in the 20100104 beta release post, there are some new features related to Project Apollo Checklist MFD:

• As requested by pattersoncr, checklist items can call other checklist (like "subroutines"), this is used by the insertion checks. Steps doing that are displayed in light blue and are informal (no switch, position=-1) typically, the called checklist is in the "Call Group" excel column.

• Checklist items can be marked as "manual" (excel column "Automatic"=0). That means you have to do something by yourself, which cannot be done automatically, even during automatic execution, e.g. adjust the ASCP or enter a value calculated externally to the DSKY. Steps like this are displayed in yellow and you need to proceed pressing the PRO key of the MFD. This happens in Virtual AGC Mode only. I'm not really ...

• Support of line feed: A "X" in the "LF" excel column generates a line feed above the current item

Suggestions and comments are welcome!  Happy

Cheers
Tschachim

Gunner_CAF

View Profile Email
« Reply #324 on: January 08, 2010, 12:55:50 AM »

It works good for me.  I ran it with a pause between steps and without.  When you run it with no pauses, it's a little harder to know where you are in the checklist.  The MFD suddenly becomes blank and it's not clear what checklist to run next.  I would be nice if the checklists for start up through launch ran one after another or a message at the end of the checklist would be in the MFD at the end telling what checklist to run next.

Nice work!!

I made a simple timer MFD that accelerates time and pauses the sim after a set time.  It works nice to speed through the time you need to wait.  Something like this added to one of the MFDs may be a nice addition.

Thanks,

Gunner
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 22, 2016, 07:00:23 AM »

Time to revive another old thread. I'm close to being finished with an update for the Apollo 7 Checklist MFD file, which now includes the procedures for CSM/LV separation and the phasing maneuver. For that there will be a few smaller changes to the Checklist MFD:

-The MDC Event Timer now can be set by the automatic checklist execution with the item "SaturnEventTimerDisplay".
-Also for the automatic checklist execution, items can now be set to a negative position except "-1", which is reserved for informative steps. This is mostly useful for the EMS DV display, before it could only be automatically set to positive numbers.
-Two minor fixes: the event timer control and reset switch didn't have the necessary delay time to be used by the automatic checklist execution. They are springloaded, so basically the switches went from up to center again before the action could be recognized by the simulation, e.g. reset the event timer. Also, I added the description for the CSM/LV separation on the MFD. Before it would call it out as an "unknown event".

For any thrusting maneuver it would be useful to have the TIG somehow incorporated into the checklist flow. Pattersoncr requested this feature and I agree that it would be very nice to have. I'm not sure how to best implement that though. It could be events relative to the Event Timer or it could read the TIG out of the AGC. Or maybe take the TIG from an external source? Or hardcode the times, if possible? Right now it is completely manual and the user has to press "PRO" on the Checklist MFD, if a certain time relative to ignition passes. The event timer solution is probably very error-prone, if it isn't set correctly and the AGC solution is difficult to implement. Maybe it should better stay a manual task? Any better ideas?

EDIT: Right now it seems the best solution is to use the "CHECKLIST_RELATIVE" relative event. Basically we could say that e.g. the P40 checklist should always be started 15 minutes before the maneuver and then the timing of every item in that checklist would work out.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 07:22:30 AM by indy91 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: