Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2020, 01:35:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Programming (Moderators: movieman, dseagrav, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  CSM Panel Status Report
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 53 Print
Author Topic: CSM Panel Status Report  (Read 175641 times)
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2006, 01:14:46 PM »

Quote from: Moonwalker
Some functions have to be fixed and added (manual les tower jett etc.)

Manual tower jettison should already work like this: Switch both TWR JETT switches to off before launch, then the tower is not jettisoned until you switch one of them to up position (spring-loaded). I hope this is correct?

Cheers
Tschachim

movieman

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2006, 02:05:24 PM »

I've wired up the AC bus switches, but it's all a bit of a hack at the moment. We really need to revise the AC bus simulation in the Panel SDK to simulate the invertors properly.
NoName
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2006, 03:18:43 PM »

Manual tower jettison should already work like this: Switch both TWR JETT switches to off before launch, then the tower is not jettisoned until you switch one of them to up position (spring-loaded). I hope this is correct?

I think it's correct. Sorry, I didn't know that it's already working Very Happy I'll test it soon...
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2006, 04:15:50 PM »

At the moment you can jettison the LET early, but otherwise it will jettison at the pre-programmed time during the SII burn.
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2006, 04:44:11 PM »

I've added the first version of the inverter code: you'll need to update the config files too.
gimp1992

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2006, 05:25:57 PM »

According to the Apollo 15 Launch checklist at "3:19 into the flight both tower jett  switches go to the up position".

Joe Brown
Christophe
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2006, 06:30:00 PM »

I don't understand why you absolutely want to switch TWR JETT - OFF during prelaunch. :!:  Confused:   Shocked
According to documentation, both TWR JETT switches are on AUTO position that seems perfectly logic. After the automated jettison during the launch, as gimp 1992 pointed out, switches are turned to ON to be in accordance with the system status.
According to abort procedure (Apollo 15 CK list, page 4-2) the "OFF" position is used only if both automatic and manual jettison has failed. In this case the procedure is to continue to orbit with the LET still attached. Don't know what they are expected to do after... Rolling Eyes

Hey Tschachim, I tried to undock reversably by extending the docking probe and it doesn't work. to your opinion, both CSM/LM SEP switch are unreversable. Are you really sure of that? It's a pain to find any documentation about that.

Thanks for your job, Movieman & moonwalker Happy

Cheers
dseagrav

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2006, 07:31:22 PM »

Quote from: Christophe
I don't understand why you absolutely want to switch TWR JETT - OFF during prelaunch. :!:  Confused:  

This is the late 60s. Trust nothing automatic! Are you willing to bet your life that the automatic system won't screw up?
NoName
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2006, 08:40:56 PM »

According to the Apollo 15 Launch checklist at "3:19 into the flight both tower jett switches go to the up position".

That's correct. I checked it. The apollo 16 checklist says "down" before launch and "up" at 03:18 into the flight. Shouldn't be a problem to let it work correctly Wink
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2006, 06:10:06 AM »

Hi Christophe,

But as you asked for me, I would be very pleased to post the output log when trying to compile Panel SDK Project. But even that I'm unable to do it!

Huh, I fear I don't know what the problem is, perhaps the post is too long? Some of the Mars Direct guys seem to have similar problems, can you mail me the log?

Quote from: Christophe
I don't understand why you absolutely want to switch TWR JETT - OFF during prelaunch. :!:  Confused: Shocked

Sorry, I didn't explain it very well: Of course both TWR JETT switches are on AUTO by default and aren't changed until tower jettision as stated in the checklist here: http://nassp.sf.net/user/checklist-standard.html

But if you want to play around with it and do it manually (and explicitly not as stated in the checklist), you can switch them to OFF to prevent automatic tower jettision and do it manually by switching to ON at the moment you want to jettision. I hope this is more clearly now. Happy

Hey Tschachim, I tried to undock reversably by extending the docking probe and it doesn't work.

Can you describe the problem more detailled? And please make sure you start over with a launch scenario because the docking probe is disabled by default and is enabled during launch.

to your opinion, both CSM/LM SEP switch are unreversable. Are you really sure of that? It's a pain to find any documentation about that.

Yes, I'm sure: http://history.nasa.gov/afj/aohindex.htm, Controls and Displays (37.1 MB), page 3-97 Wink

Cheers
Tschachim

movieman

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2006, 08:25:57 AM »

We should really decide exactly what we need to wire up in order to do a 7.0 release. The missing main bus switches are some of the most important, I'm not sure what else we need other than that.

For the LEM, I'd be happy for now if the most important switches were wired up and the rest just clicked and did nothing: we can add more for the next version.
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2006, 10:06:52 AM »

For the EPS it looks like it's too much work to get it like the real thing until next release. I'd be happy for now if the EPS is in a kind of "stable and consistent" state...

Cheers
Tschachim

NoName
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2006, 07:36:08 PM »

I'll start to set up the switches of the LEM panels the next days. At first I'd like to try to do the cabin press panel for the CSM and add a clickable area on the upper or lower left corner of the hatch window view to enable the CSM EVA Wink

For the next release I think we'll need some more time to set up the lem panels. But I would like to suggest to implement the FDAI's too to the LEM panels and maybe let work some gauges like thrust indicator and altimeter if it would be possible until the next release. And maybe the required RCS and SPS helium tank press and indicators would be great too. But of course if you want to do it after the 7.0 release it's no problem. But I think realistical RCS and SPS controls and inidcations are very important. Otherwiese this could be done after the 7.0 release of course.
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2006, 06:52:47 AM »

The CSM cabin press panels would be really great, we can do the ECS a lot more realistically then. Happy Happy
Which panels (panel numbers) do you plan to do? I just ask to be prepared and I would like to take a look at the controls on these panels.

... and the 3 AC BUS 1 switches, the 3 AC BUS 2 switches and the AC INV 1/2 switches are buggy: When they are switched down and I click "down" (at the lower part of the switch) they change to up position and vice versa??? Looks like they use the wrong class?

Cheers
Tschachim

movieman

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2006, 09:32:32 AM »

They're defined as circuit breakers: I presume that both up and down clicks are changing the state. We'd just need a 'ToggleSwitch circuit breaker' class, which won't be hard to do.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 53 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: