Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 27, 2014, 11:12:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
20307 Posts in 1964 Topics by 2250 Members
Latest Member: apollo17
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Programming (Moderators: movieman, dseagrav, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  CSM Panel Status Report
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 52 Print
Author Topic: CSM Panel Status Report  (Read 105803 times)
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2006, 05:29:22 PM »

By the way: Do you plan to do the fuel cell/dc bus connection switches before?

Cheers
Tschachim

movieman

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2006, 05:46:52 PM »

Good point, those are about the last things that really need to be wired up to make it work usefully.
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2006, 07:30:05 PM »

Yeah, it would be great to have these switches together with the FC/bus connections working.  Happy

I wanted to do transposition and docking with the latest code, but I had a strange problem: With RCS in translational mode also the attitude of the spacecraft changed, rotational mode seemed to be fine. But I wasn't able to dock, did I miss new switches or did I find a new bug? Wink

Cheers
Tschachim

movieman

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2006, 07:39:47 PM »

Are you using an old scenario? Any scenario after seperating from the SIVB will be screwed as there are now four RCS tanks rather than one. You either need to go back to an earlier scenario or update the propellant levels in the scenario.

One thing I've noticed is that Orbiter can't manage to put the CSM into prograde or retrograde mode with the new realistic thrusters: we probably need to have the RCS thrust vary based on the REALISM level so it's easier to control.

In fact, I'll put that hack in now.
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2006, 07:59:46 PM »

Actually, you're right, there is something very odd going on with the thrusters. The correct ones seem to be firing, so I'm not sure how they could be out of balance.
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2006, 08:26:04 PM »

Ok, I think I found the problem.

The original code had 'phantom' thrusters in addition to the sixteen real thrusters. I took those out, which didn't affect rotation, but seems to cause the CSM to rotate when they're used for translation... I'm not sure why, but I'm guessing that they're an attempt to compensate for the thrusters not being aligned with the center of mass of the CSM.

For now I've put them back in, but we should really figure out why the real thruster locations don't work correctly. My guess is that the center of mass is  too far forwards, or the thrusters aren't in the correct locations.
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2006, 09:47:44 PM »

Ok, try the version I just checked in. I've moved the CoG and removed the phantom thrusters and it seems to be fine.

I'm also now deleting the VAB, Crawler and Mobile launcher when we get a reasonable distance from the launch site. You can configure that per-vessel with the DLS option in the scenario file (1 to enable, 0 to disable) if you want to do some future mission with multiple launches.
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2006, 09:25:53 AM »

Just docked with the LM, works fine for me! Thanks a lot for fixing that, especially the Virtual AGC would have had problems with these phantom thrusters and now it's just perfect!  Very Happy  Very Happy

Cheers
Tschachim

Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2006, 11:18:29 AM »

BTW: It looks like that according to the checklists the SECS LOGIC has to be turned on for CSM/LV separation and SIVB/LM separation, too, but I don't know how these systems work internally...

Cheers
Tschachim

movieman

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2006, 11:28:42 AM »

Probably... they all get their power from the pyro batteries in the CM.
Vincent Majerowicz

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2006, 07:11:27 PM »

Hi!,

I'm very impressed with the progress on the CSM instrument panels which Moonwalker is working on!!! :lol:  :lol: I wanted to ask you, how is Moonwalker doing with the LEM instrument panels?? :lol:
Coussini
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2006, 07:14:56 AM »

Quote from: Vincent Majerowicz
Hi again,

I'm sorry for asking 4 questions after the first question about the instrument panels, my connection is slow sometimes.

You can delete using the little x in the right corner near your post Wink

Have a nice day
Moonwalker
Project Team Member

Panel Graphics Designer

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2006, 01:37:19 PM »

I wanted to ask you, how is Moonwalker doing with the LEM instrument panels??

I started to wire up the first few things on the LEM main panel just some minutes ago. I know, my intention was to start with the LEM panels last sunday but I had to do a lot of work in my private life the last 3 days. So I'm sorry for the little delay. But progress started some minutes ago. I think I'll be able to A LOT on the LEM panels this week Very Happy

Command Module 2D Panel Graphics: http://www.nasa-virtual.com/project_apollo/instrument_panels/cm_panel_management.jpg

Lunar Excursion Module 2D Panel Graphics: http://www.nasa-virtual.com/project_apollo/instrument_panels/lm_panel_management.jpg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moonwalker
Project Team Member

Panel Graphics Designer

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2006, 02:20:48 PM »

Just to let you all know, I start with LEM main panel 1, from top to bottom. Then panel 2 and so on... But there are som things I can't wire up yet, like digital propulsion system readouts, talkbacks... becaue they require new code and simulation of RCS and helium tanks and so on... I'll set up the most switches and rotaries. And of course the circuit breaker panels (left & right hand side) Happy

I'm thinking of adding a new panel just below the main panel. A panel which shows the LEM hatch. To start the lunar EVA after the required switches and the ECS is prepared you just have to click on the hatch and it should open and your EVA starts. Would be nice to look through the hatch down to the lunar surface Wink

The same for the CSM. I think we use the left cabin press panels to lower the cabin pressure and just clicking on the hatch window of the csm to start the CSM EVA Wink

Command Module 2D Panel Graphics: http://www.nasa-virtual.com/project_apollo/instrument_panels/cm_panel_management.jpg

Lunar Excursion Module 2D Panel Graphics: http://www.nasa-virtual.com/project_apollo/instrument_panels/lm_panel_management.jpg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
gimp1992

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2006, 03:07:29 PM »

Moonwlker tht sounds like a great idea. You  click to open the hatch then click on the outside of the hatch to do the EVA.

Joe Brown
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 52 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: