Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2020, 04:49:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the new Meadville Space Center forums!
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Programming (Moderators: movieman, dseagrav, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  CSM Panel Status Report
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 Print
Author Topic: CSM Panel Status Report  (Read 175667 times)
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #765 on: February 24, 2011, 10:32:51 AM »

One small thing about posting too...
I would like to know how to post images, such as the Apollo userbar.

Use the IMG code as explained here: http://www.ibiblio.org/mscorbit/mscforum/index.php?action=help;page=post#bbcref
This works in the signature, too.

drewhogue

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: April 13, 2012, 12:08:21 PM »

Hey guys,

I haven't been on in a while.  I'm kinda getting lost in the forum posts here.  Is the A07/08 CSM finished?  If not what is left?  How's the LM coming along?  Thanks for your continued work on this awesome project.

Andrew
NoName
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: April 16, 2012, 02:50:41 AM »

Hey guys,

I haven't been on in a while.  I'm kinda getting lost in the forum posts here.  Is the A07/08 CSM finished?  If not what is left?  How's the LM coming along?  Thanks for your continued work on this awesome project.

Andrew

I can't tell you much about the programming status. But as for the panel graphics stuff: the CM is finished. The LM is in work and finished soon.
Dogsbody

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: April 16, 2012, 06:29:28 AM »

Maybe this is a daft question but if the CSM is finished as you say why does the system test on panel 101 and the mission timer in the LEB not work still?

Don't get me wrong I am still so happy at all the work that has been done so far and I am really glad to be able to fly the Apollo capsule. I also can't programme a single line of code...yet.But I just wonder if we shouldn't say the CSM is finished if there are still panels not working?
eddievhfan1984

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: April 16, 2012, 06:35:06 AM »

Maybe this is a daft question but if the CSM is finished as you say why does the system test on panel 101 and the mission timer in the LEB not work still?

Don't get me wrong I am still so happy at all the work that has been done so far and I am really glad to be able to fly the Apollo capsule. I also can't programme a single line of code...yet.But I just wonder if we shouldn't say the CSM is finished if there are still panels not working?

He said "Graphics," as in the images for every panel are present and accounted for; as far as functionality, there's still a ways to go...
NoName
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: April 17, 2012, 05:31:18 PM »

He said "Graphics," as in the images for every panel are present and accounted for; as far as functionality, there's still a ways to go...

That's true. I can only speak of the graphics stuff. I'm not familiar with the latest code. But I guess, from what I know, that the CM is rather advanced. There are only minor things missing I believe. The LM still needs lots of coding though...

PS: my progress on the LM panels got a little slow due to Easter inbetween, and a costal contusion (don't ask ROTFL).
Dogsbody

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: April 18, 2012, 04:51:45 AM »

Ahh. Sorry, Should have realised you meant graphics wise. The work that has been done till now is phenomenal. I take it you mean the graphics in the 2d panels only though. I sincerely hope the ideal will be the 3d cockpit eventually.

I know it will probably be years till we manage to implement the 3d cockpit with all working switches and if I had the knowledge I would work on that myself. Till then I will continue to enjyo the 2d panels and dream.... Very Happy
rcflyinghokie

View Profile Email
« Reply #772 on: January 19, 2013, 07:11:03 PM »

I know this has probably been mentioned in the past, but is there a reason the BMAG TEMP lights are still missing from the CW panel?
Vinny003

View Profile Email
« Reply #773 on: March 07, 2013, 12:57:36 PM »

Hi, guys!

Do you know how many functioning switches that does anything in the CSM? I know there are not very many functioning switches in the LM. Thanks!

Cheers,
           Vincent
rcflyinghokie

View Profile Email
« Reply #774 on: March 12, 2013, 12:21:15 PM »

Are you asking which CSM switches work and which do not?
Vinny003

View Profile Email
« Reply #775 on: October 15, 2013, 10:39:17 PM »

Hi, rcflyinghokie!

Sorry, I didn't respond to you sooner. please forgive me. thanks! Yes, that is what I'm asking about. I would like to know how many switches in the NASSP CSM that work & how many which do not? Thanks!

Cheers,
         Vincent
NoName
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: October 20, 2013, 07:49:18 AM »

Hi, rcflyinghokie!

Sorry, I didn't respond to you sooner. please forgive me. thanks! Yes, that is what I'm asking about. I would like to know how many switches in the NASSP CSM that work & how many which do not? Thanks!

Cheers,
         Vincent

I didn't count all the working switches, but most switches do have a function.
Vinny003

View Profile Email
« Reply #777 on: November 04, 2013, 12:13:53 PM »

Hi, Moonwalker!

It sounds like a lot of the CSM switches are functional! Thanks!

Cheers,
          Vincent
rcflyinghokie

View Profile Email
« Reply #778 on: November 13, 2013, 12:06:51 PM »

I havent looked in a while but I can compile a list of what doesnt work or what doesnt have a function yet if you like in the CSM.
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: May 03, 2016, 07:04:09 AM »

I have done some work on the CSM High Gain Antenna. It is mostly the part of the HGA where I can be most helpful, the vector math to calculate the relative angle between the pointing vector of the HGA and Earth. It really is the most basic implementation right now:

-Power and circuit breakers are hopefully correctly connected. I have traced down where the power comes from and I found out that the flight bus wasn't connected to its circuit breakers before. That should now be the case, if I haven't missunderstood that part of the code completely.
-The antenna only works with the power switch on and in manual mode. I have arbitrarily chosen 5/s as the rate limit for the pitch and yaw servos.
-The beamwidth switch doesn't do anything yet. However, I have used the beamwidth of the wide mode (40) as the current setting, just for testing. A basic cosine function is used to approximate the signal strength. Again, not really based on much, I don't know much about electrical engineering.
-There is no animation of the antenna right now. I am sure other people can do that part better than me.

With all these disclaimers, you can use V64 now to get the correct HGA pitch and yaw angles from the AGC and then get signal strength with those settings. It's a first step.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: