Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 17, 2020, 08:48:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Programming (Moderators: movieman, dseagrav, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  CSM Panel Status Report
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 Print
Author Topic: CSM Panel Status Report  (Read 174090 times)
NoName
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #750 on: May 03, 2010, 01:13:51 PM »

All the files were moved to subfolders.

Now I'm even more confused. Because earlier this day, when I reverted my changes, the folder looked totally different suddenly.
NoName
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #751 on: May 03, 2010, 01:31:35 PM »

I'll give it another try with a clean and fresh Orbiter installation and CVS checkout. Let's see if it somehow works this time...
dseagrav

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: May 03, 2010, 03:34:56 PM »

Now I'm even more confused. Because earlier this day, when I reverted my changes, the folder looked totally different suddenly.
Well, I wanted to make sure, so I compared it to what I have right now, and they match.
NoName
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #753 on: May 04, 2010, 12:58:02 PM »

Well, I wanted to make sure, so I compared it to what I have right now, and they match.

Yes, no problem. Luckily it now seems to work fine after clean installations. I will commit the final stuff very soon...
NoName
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #754 on: May 05, 2010, 09:06:16 PM »

Final changes commited:

- as mentioned -> the new DSKY and EMS
- all buttons now "press in" visually (abort buttons, DSKY buttons etc.)
- new mission clock bitmaps added (the one that is located within the Lunar Module; should be of the same type as shown on NASA photos)
- a few more minor changes... (like making the windows look 100% "closed" by the launch escape system; the lower 5 CB switches of panel 275 now work on the lower right panel as well, etc...)

I have also removed the dummy switch on panel 3 by the way (right next to the PCM BIT RATE switch), as there was no dummy switches installed regarding NASA photos.

I'm still getting a headach with placing the COAS and the new altimeter bitmap to the correct positions on the left rendezvous window. Tschachim, maybe you could have a look at it? Happy The COAS size now is 683 x 627. The new altimeter bitmap did not change in size. I've already entered the new positions (for the non-wide window?) but it somehow won't show up correctly on the rendezvous window...

Well, that's it. There won't be any other graphical changes from now on. Unless somebody of the team has a change request (due to finding an error), this version of the CM panel bitmaps is 100% what I suppose to be released along with Apollo 7 and any other mission Yes Work accomplished after years.

But there is another coding request I would like to make: I think that the three green lines and the three green lights (PROG, VERB, NOUN) on the DSKY display should not be on/visible in case the corresponding circuit breakers are pulled out on panel 5. Could somebody change this? I think it's not a big deal but I sadly can't do it due to lack of coding knowledge.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 09:09:17 PM by Moonwalker » Logged
Puma

View Profile Email
« Reply #755 on: May 05, 2010, 11:18:23 PM »

Great !..when are you going to post the new cvs link on the http://nassp.sourceforge.net/wiki/Installation so we can download it?
NoName
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: May 06, 2010, 06:54:37 AM »

Great !..when are you going to post the new cvs link on the http://nassp.sourceforge.net/wiki/Installation so we can download it?

Do you mean a new Modules Pack? That's something I leave up to Tschachim.
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #757 on: May 06, 2010, 09:48:45 PM »

But there is another coding request I would like to make: I think that the three green lines and the three green lights (PROG, VERB, NOUN) on the DSKY display should not be on/visible in case the corresponding circuit breakers are pulled out on panel 5. Could somebody change this? I think it's not a big deal but I sadly can't do it due to lack of coding knowledge.

The DSKY lights are on any time it's powered, and it's powered through the GaugePower object which just takes power from both main buses; it just needs to be modified to take power from the correct place, but I don't remember ever finding out where the real DSKY got its power from.

See saturn.cpp around line 1010.
Coussini
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #758 on: May 07, 2010, 09:25:19 AM »

The DSKY lights are on any time it's powered, and it's powered through the GaugePower object which just takes power from both main buses; it just needs to be modified to take power from the correct place, but I don't remember ever finding out where the real DSKY got its power from.

See saturn.cpp around line 1010.

The Power section provides voltage levels necessary for the operation of the computer and is provided by two switching-regulator power supplies, a +4-volt and a +14-volt power supply, energised by the fuel cell power-plants in the electrical power subsystem.

The previous info is from this link:
http://history.nasa.gov/afj/compessay.htm

ALSO, search in the following link the keyword "Power supply"
http://www.spaceref.com/exploration/apollo/acgreplica/buildAGC5.pdf

I know that's for block I, but probably that's the same for the BLOCK II

Have a nice day
NoName
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #759 on: May 07, 2010, 11:17:31 AM »

Thanks for the info. But I think that this is definitely a job for C++ gurus (I'm sadly not) Wink
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #760 on: May 07, 2010, 08:27:54 PM »

Here's more on the Block I:

The power supply consists of two parts. Input to the power supply is +28 vdc from the spacecraft main d-c bus. The two sections provide +13 vdc and +3 vdc. The +13-vdc output provides power to the DSKYs and, in conjunction with the +3-vdc power, to the logic circuits. The +3-vdc supply provides power to the timing section as well as to the logic circuits. During standby mode of operation, the +3-vdc section only is operated; thus, power consumption is reduced by approximately 100 watts.

http://www.apollosaturn.com/gnc.htm

So in that case at least the DSKY was powered via the AGC.
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #761 on: May 07, 2010, 08:43:04 PM »

BTW, there's some interesting stuff about DSKY reliability on NTRS:

http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19770082027_1977082027.pdf
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19770082026_1977082026.pdf

Apparently it used a staggering number of relays (presumably to turn the lights on and off) and could theoretically burn through the maximum cycle count for those relays in a few hours if you left it monitoring rapidly-changing values like time.
Gunner_CAF

View Profile Email
« Reply #762 on: May 07, 2010, 10:42:54 PM »

The computers power supply powered the DSKY according to the block diagram in "Apollo experience report: Command and service module electrical power distribution subsystem"

The power supply received it's power from the +28 VDC Main DC Busses.

The loads on the DC power system were divided into three categories according to criticality of the power source.  Nonredundent essential loads were fed from both busses through isolation diodes, redundant essential loads were arranged so that loads were fed from different buses, and Non redundant nonessential loads were connected to the busses, as required, to equalize the loading on each bus. ( http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19740011403_1974011403.pdf )

The computer power supply was a Nonredundent essential load fed from both busses through isolation diodes.  You can see this in the GNC Power Distribution diagram in the Apollo Training Guidance and Control pdf.

Gunner

* Computer Power.JPG (18.89 KB, 675x100 - viewed 498 times.)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 10:54:13 PM by Gunner_CAF » Logged
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #763 on: August 16, 2010, 04:25:42 AM »

In Block II, the DSKY and the AGC have independant power supply, the DSKYs are powered via the NUMERICS LTS rotational switches on panel 7 and panel 100, see attached screenshot. I implemented it that way, change is in CVS since a couple of weeks.

EDIT: Systems Handbook 8.4, pdf page 385

Cheers
Tschachim

* DSKY.jpg (68.13 KB, 1400x484 - viewed 477 times.)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 05:49:11 AM by Tschachim » Logged

BlueManGroup10

View Profile
« Reply #764 on: February 08, 2011, 03:47:10 PM »

I have had NASSP on Orbiter for roughly 7 months by now, and I have a small question;
On Apollo's 15+ they included Panel 230, and I cannot navigate to it.  Do you have any help?   Confused

One small thing about posting too...
I would like to know how to post images, such as the Apollo userbar.

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: