Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 09:41:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Project Apollo Beta 7.0 released!
http://nassp.sf.net/wiki/Installation
20302 Posts in 1964 Topics by 2250 Members
Latest Member: apollo17
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Programming (Moderators: movieman, dseagrav, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  CSM Panel Status Report
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 52 Print
Author Topic: CSM Panel Status Report  (Read 105426 times)
Moonwalker
Project Team Member

Panel Graphics Designer

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2006, 09:42:34 AM »

Which panels (panel numbers) do you plan to do?

I think for cabin press/depress we'll need panels 325 & 326. I already started and it looks good Very Happy But I don't know the movement of the two levers. Maybe you can find some documentation of usage of panel 325.
Panels will be ready soon (6 knobs and 3 levers only).

Command Module 2D Panel Graphics: http://www.nasa-virtual.com/project_apollo/instrument_panels/cm_panel_management.jpg

Lunar Excursion Module 2D Panel Graphics: http://www.nasa-virtual.com/project_apollo/instrument_panels/lm_panel_management.jpg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2006, 02:41:52 PM »

Think I've fixed the AC bus switches. I also added the ELS switches, which seem to be what prevents you from manually deploying the parachutes in orbit.
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2006, 03:24:58 PM »

Also added the basics of the CM RCS dump and purge. You don't want to do a dump in orbit as you'll roll out of control Happy.

Incidentally, I've noticed that we have far less RCS thrusters than there are spots for on the CM... there are quite a few more we should add for full realism.
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2006, 04:10:28 PM »

Also updated the AoA/thrust meter to vaguely match the correct operation (there's no documentation I can find on what it shows in AoA mode, so I've just made it AoA in degrees x 10).
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2006, 04:47:08 PM »

BTW, I've been looking through documentation for the tower jettison and I still can't figure out whether it's meant to be jettisoned automatically or manually. The Apollo operations handbook implies that they reset the event timer when the SII stage sep light comes on, and then manually seperate it with the switches, but I'm not convinced yet Happy.
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2006, 06:21:36 PM »

SM RCS is now enabled per quad, and you need to open the helium valves rather than close them. I guess we should set the default state to helium valves closed now?
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2006, 06:46:34 PM »

And revised RCS ISP and thrust to historical values. This makes maneuvering somewhat more complicated, as you burn through the RCS fuel pretty fast when docking with the LEM...
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2006, 09:16:48 PM »

RCS propellant quantity gauge is now working.
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2006, 10:00:43 PM »

The RCS valve talkbacks now directly check the valve state. Previously you could 'open and close' the SM valves even after you seperated from the SM... now they're permanently barberpoled after SM sep.
Moonwalker
Project Team Member

Panel Graphics Designer

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2006, 10:12:03 PM »

Yeah Baby Very Happy Phantastic that you work on the RCS stuff movieman! I hope to finish the left hand side cabin press panel tomorrow (should be available from the left panel by pressing CTRL + ARROW LEFT) and add the rest of my CSM stuff to CVS: missing window covers for LES simulation, FDAI off flags, more positions of the direct o2 knob and some small corrections of some graphics. So I think I can start with the LEM panels very soon ^^  

SM RCS is now enabled per quad, and you need to open the helium valves rather than close them. I guess we should set the default state to helium valves closed now?

Great Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Mhhh, I don't know what the documentation says. But the launch checklist says SM RCS HE switches 1 & 2 center (on, up*) and its talkbacks gray. The same for the propellant switches.

Command Module 2D Panel Graphics: http://www.nasa-virtual.com/project_apollo/instrument_panels/cm_panel_management.jpg

Lunar Excursion Module 2D Panel Graphics: http://www.nasa-virtual.com/project_apollo/instrument_panels/lm_panel_management.jpg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2006, 06:15:07 AM »

BTW, I think we should delete the VAB, Crawler and tower when we get into orbit: anyone have an objection to that? You won't legitimately see them again at that point, so it seems like we're just wasting memory and CPU cycles processing them.
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2006, 06:47:31 AM »

Hi Movieman and Moonwalker,

you were very industrious, thanks a lot! Happy

Quote from: Moonwalker
I think for cabin press/depress we'll need panels 325 & 326. I already started and it looks good. But I don't know the movement of the two levers.

That's great, the panels have some very cool ECS controls. Happy Happy I also don't know the movement of the levers, I'll try to figure it out.

Quote from: Movieman
BTW, I've been looking through documentation for the tower jettison and I still can't figure out whether it's meant to be jettisoned automatically or manually. The Apollo operations handbook implies that they reset the event timer when the SII stage sep light comes on, and then manually seperate it with the switches, but I'm not convinced yet.

Thanks for pointing that out! I think the Apollo operations handbook is right, I took another look at the description of the tower jettison switches in the AOH display and control reference and it looks like AUTO means only automatic jettison is case of an abort, not for normal jettison. If you also think so, we should change the code because of this...

... and where did you read they reset the event timer? I can't find it in the AOH Embarassed

Quote from: Moonwalker
Mhhh, I don't know what the documentation says. But the launch checklist says SM RCS HE switches 1 & 2 center (on, up*) and its talkbacks gray. The same for the propellant switches.

For me it looks like you are both right. Wink If I read it correctly, all RCS valves are closed by default, the RCS is disabled. But they enabled it already before launch, so at launch the valves are open because the SM RCS is already activated.

BTW, I think we should delete the VAB, Crawler and tower when we get into orbit: anyone have an objection to that?

No problem, very good idea! Happy

Cheers
Tschachim

Apassi

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2006, 08:26:05 AM »

Hi Tschachim and Moonwalker
In case you didn`t find the movement of levers and workings, you will find it in Apollo operations handbook and there controls and displays section starting page 267 (acrobate count) LHEB 325 & 326.
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2006, 08:37:08 AM »

and where did you read they reset the event timer? I can't find it in the AOH

If I remember correctly it's in the part with the LET diagrams. 'Sequential events' or something like that.
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2006, 11:27:14 AM »

aoh-v1-2-09-seqsys.pdf page 31 implies that those switches are the only way to jettison the LET. The pushbutton fires the escape tower main motor if the seperation motor fails to fire, but it still has to be seperated first using the switches.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 52 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: